TX Shitbox Coupe

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her Gemini’s. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Re: TX Shitbox Coupe

Post by Jonno »

moley wrote:Yeah Microtechs are poo in my opinion.
Haltech are very easy to set up. Autronic is fairly easy but you have to do some calcs.
Will see what I can do.
Yes no mods I just plunged the threads with a tap and made sure they were clean and down far enough.
I just hit melb so I will be back home soon!
Yeah my old 4z was microtech. The other cars all run haltechs. Much better ecu.

Hmm ok. Just enough to clamp the head down?
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
moley
Long Term Member

Post by moley »

Yeah just so the studs weren't way up through the head. The holes in the block aren't tapped all the way down
Coupe rebuild number 6..
viewtopic.php?t=44564
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

Boom goes the gearbox :(

In other news looks like I've found a budget ecu so this may get off the ground. (giving a wolf 3d a go)

I've brought all the turbo stuff home so now I've just got to start putting things together.

Need to source a cheap cooler that wont involve hacking the f*#k out of the front out.

MLS and headstuds will have to wait again will exceed the budget for this for now. Later things may change. I'll order a decent graphite one and should be ok?

Ghetto mods tuning should see me going.

Going to spend a few light weekends cleaning up the engine bay wiring. May hide it neatly behind the guards but that may take too much time up.
I've got conduit so I'll wack in that if I have to.

Block pull downs this week so I'll get the head off the black G200 and throw it on the red G200 over the week.
I have a spare sump with oil drain. So i'll bang that in also.

Will need something to solve with the dizzy to. Many helps are required.
75 TX Coupe
firebug
Regular

Post by firebug »

I have a cooler... ;)
"Can't stop addicted to the shindig!..."
moley
Long Term Member

Post by moley »

Many sandshoes are required
Coupe rebuild number 6..
viewtopic.php?t=44564
DR_GEM
Long Term Member

Post by DR_GEM »

Far out man that's s*#t about the box.

Wolf 3D are notorious for timing inconsistency so be conservative if self tuning

Good luck with the rest let me know if you need any other parts I'll see what I've got

Mick
I wish i had something cool and witty in my signature
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

DR_GEM wrote:Far out man that's s*#t about the box.

Wolf 3D are notorious for timing inconsistency so be conservative if self tuning

Good luck with the rest let me know if you need any other parts I'll see what I've got

Mick
We heard on the grape vine that the normal gemi 4 speed will fit. I'm going to 'steal' one from the Fridge project (swap it for my 5 speed) and throw that in for now. Not much more i can do. Falcon is out of rego and needs to be tuned. Coupe currently is the only car with rego to :cry:

Yeah Hayden said similar negatives.
I'm sure it'll work for now? I haven't bought it yet though.

I was written off yesterday so nothing got done. I'll duck out to my parents tonight get the last of the things.
Did i mention anywhere I've found a clutch setup? In the pile of things and i think this may be part of the twincam s*#t. I found what looks like a Gemi fly wheel which has been i assume lightened and Xtreme clutches pressure plate.
I got mega excited (no idea if this is even Gemini flywheel let alone Isuzu) then looked in the pressure plate... The clutch disc itself is MIA?
I look around and find this LuK clutch disc. Reckon they're related? Stupid me forgot to write down part numbers and such.
IFFFFFFFFFFFFFF and it's a big IIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFFFF I wonder if this will work and if the disc is no good I wonder if xtreme do clutch discs.

I essentially have a week and a bit to get this together before summernats. It's a stretch but I've done more in less time. :roll:

and Lol at Bill. I still owe u for the radiator and I'd say the cooler if it's from a later model may-be too big.
75 TX Coupe
firebug
Regular

Post by firebug »

Yeah it's out of my tf...
"Can't stop addicted to the shindig!..."
moley
Long Term Member

Post by moley »

I have had a couple of beers but reading most of that made zero sense whatsoever haha
Coupe rebuild number 6..
viewtopic.php?t=44564
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

Cliffs:
I'm hoping the 4 speed out of Adams old Gem will fit to replace the TX MSE box that's in it cause it's f*#cked.
I'm hoping the diff isn't f*#cked cause something back there makes some sad noises but was hard to diagnose because what ever is totally junked is howling.
Wolf 3ds aren't the best but I'm hoping it'll work for this purpose for now. I haven't bought it yet so might find something else.
I've found a random clutch pressure plate and flywheel but unsure what they're off. Coudl be the twincam could be ?. Came in Gemi parts we bought but who knows.

Probably wont be taking 2L turbo coupe to summernats.
Will focus build for Geminats I think. Might take the coupe aspro instead.
75 TX Coupe
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

Jonno wrote:Cliffs:
I'm hoping the 4 speed out of Adams old Gem will fit to replace the TX MSE box that's in it cause it's f*#cked.
I'm hoping the diff isn't f*#cked cause something back there makes some sad noises but was hard to diagnose because what ever is totally junked is howling.
Wolf 3ds aren't the best but I'm hoping it'll work for this purpose for now. I haven't bought it yet so might find something else.
I've found a random clutch pressure plate and flywheel but unsure what they're off. Coudl be the twincam could be ?. Came in Gemi parts we bought but who knows.

Probably wont be taking 2L turbo coupe to summernats.
Will focus build for Geminats I think. Might take the coupe aspro instead.
It will. My old pre-adr TX had a later model 4spd in it. Jaycar also do a cheap GPS speedo [$99] so maybe put a 5spd in with no speedo drive and booom digital race dash?
If diff is howling, is bearings or f*#cked crownwheel/pinion. Given how strong Gem diffs, im betting on its out of oil. Your car doesnt make enough power to flog it completely.
Stop overthinking this man. Just put any cheap ECU on it, tune it conservatively like mick said - get tuned with dizzy on 10BTDC, knock it back to 8 after its tuned to be safe. Done.
Its around 200 bux for an exedy HD man...just get that tbh. Or if you have a good pressure plate just get the exedy button clutch disc and use it with the pressure plate you have.
Previously GeminiCoupe/GeminiRollingShell/SCAR3D/Jonnoisac#nt

78 TD Gemini Sedan - R.I.P
81 TE Gemini Sedan
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

Yeah ok cool. The 5 speed idea is one i honestly hadn't even considered. The 5 speed will go in with the 2L the 4 speed is a literal temp fix.

i'll pick the 4 speed up tonight and wack it in over the weekend. Going for a ride Friday afternoon so will focus on it over the weekend.

Yeah lol. Probably run out of oil. Who knows I'll check it tonight.

I'm just honestly time/money poor at the moment. Usually I would be the most anal person on not spending on cheap s*#t. No work for two weeks I'll have solid no funds.
You've seen the build price on the red and white cars. Clutches on those cost me $500 minimum and I didn't blink.

I know that's a woe is me type thing lol. I'll keep plodding away either way but might just focus all the energy to have this tip top for Nationals.
I got a call out.
75 TX Coupe
moley
Long Term Member

Post by moley »

Better get a dress and stand on the corner for some extra funds hahaha
Coupe rebuild number 6..
viewtopic.php?t=44564