Ballbags TE

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her Gemini’s. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
Ballbag
n00b

Re: Ballbags TE

Post by Ballbag »

I’m on here regularly, and haven’t updated this thread. Dumbass.
So, time for a update and a photo dump. I’m hopeless with taking pictures as I always take them AFTER I do something, never before. Oh well, let’s pick up from where we left off, and see where that takes us.
I have been just slowly chipping away at the TE, when I have time, here and there etc.
So, made the templates for that inner fender “outrigger” I guess you’d call it..? the section behind it was rusted so that got replaced:
That was tidied up, primed and rustproofed.
Then made up the outrigger. Then as before, inside and out primed & rustproofed:
After that I decided I needed a metal brake. I had some pretty thick scrap laying around and figured I could make it work.
And it works awesome! Cost me less than $20 to make (mind you, the can of spray paint cost me $15. Purely because it was metal flake, which didn’t work as well as I hoped). All TIG welded, plenty of bracing, should last for ages.
I have been extremely grateful and lucky to have my best mate Ox helping me out. He keeps me motivated, focused and is constantly finding/bringing parts around.
After I had repaired the outrigger, I was checking out the passenger front fender which needed some serious work, but, good ol’ ox rocks up with this:
Legend. The passenger front door was in a similar state but has fair amount of rust but once again ox to the recue:
I’ve known him for a long time, and honestly he is the nicest guy you will ever meet who will do anything for anyone.

Sorted out the rusted floor pans. And of course, didn’t get a picture of the fronts :x

Then, one relatively warm Saturday afternoon, Ox says “I got you a present”. A 5 speed rodeo gearbox. It had been sitting for ages (years?) and it was pig filthy, so, busted out some elbow grease:

So with that tidied up, I thought I may as well pull the motor and trimatic out, so that’s what I did. Obligatory “I have muscles, look at me go” picture:

On the stand, wheeled it out, gave a heavy hit of degreaser, try and get some of the 30+ years of s*#t off it:
Then started pulling off the intake and exhaust manifolds, ancillaries etc. This motor had blown the head gasket. After taking the intake off think I may have found the cause:
Obviously, was leaking. So this is where its at now:

And that’s it, all up to date. Will finishing pulling the rest of the motor down this weekend and inspect it all. As I said from the start, eventually it will be a efi turbo g series, but providing it’s not too bad inside this engine, I will throw a rebuild kit through it (headgasket, stem seals, everything) so I can at least drive it whilst I build the turbo motor.
Will be taking more pictures this weekend, hopefully keep the pace up.
Cheers guys! Ben.
Make ozgemini great again!!
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

Good progress Ben! Oxy sounds like a good bloke.

If you need to source stuff likely that someone may be able to help on here.

I like the turbo addition to! Turbogemini does pretty sweet kits when you can get onto him.

http://www.turbogemini.com

Keep the updates coming! I'm running outta rambling in my own thread lol
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
Ballbag
n00b

Post by Ballbag »

Yeah man, ox is a champ!
Haha! So hurry up and build a twin cam turbo already!

Took all the panels off, f*#k the doors where a asshole!

The straight into stripping them:

It's all happening!
Make ozgemini great again!!