Monty - The TF rescue car

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her Gemini’s. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
Javi
Regular

Monty - The TF rescue car

Post by Javi »

A few months back I found a pretty mint granny spec TF at a local wreckers. There was only one minor, slightly major problem with it; it had been hit in the rear end and written off.

So, naturally, I did what any sane Gemini owner would do and walked away from it - there's no point buying a 30 year old written off car that's completely standard.

Hah, like f*#k. There's no such thing as a 'sane' Gemini owner.

And then primer, yadda yadda. Next up was to fix the 'standard' part.

The problem

The solution

So with that sorted, it's time to make it start to look alright. I was originally going to go with the standard metallic green, but the bank account didn't agree with me on that front, so white it is!

More will happen. I may take photos. We'll see.
troyrotor wrote:ozgem classifieds - for all your mowing needs
F3ARED

Re: Monty - The TF rescue car

Post by F3ARED »

Fark fair effort on that, you've been busy. Whats the deets on the engine setup, spill
Previously GeminiCoupe/GeminiRollingShell/SCAR3D/Jonnoisac#nt

78 TD Gemini Sedan - R.I.P
81 TE Gemini Sedan
Javi
Regular

Post by Javi »

F3ARED wrote:Fark fair effort on that, you've been busy. Whats the deets on the engine setup, spill
It's nothing fancy, really. Just a G180Z with a lightly ported head, late model TF rodeo injectors (330ish cc,) ebay spec 2871, turbogemini.com T2 SS manifold, delco '808 ECM, and all 2.5" stainless piping. I've got a better head for it here, but I can't afford bigger injectors at this point so I'm going to keep the power output a bit low so I don't max these out.

I'm hoping to get the car rego'd early next week, then it's time for a bit of road tuning, then it's off to the dyno!
Javi
Regular

Post by Javi »

I got it rego'd today, had a bit of a drive. Everything works, now just to put the interior back together and to tune!