VQ Statesman

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her other non Gemini related cars. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
black'n'blueGem
Regular

VQ Statesman

Post by black'n'blueGem »

well the time has come, and im soon selling my gem.. :cry:
So while i clean her up ready to sell i need a car to drive around in.
And this came up at the right time.
Its a 1990 5litre VQ statesman. Its got a caprice grille, vt indicators, extractors, its on gas and has slotted/cross drilled disks on front and back!
$1800 :shock:
Came through an auction with some burnt wiring in the engine bay.
Things that need doing:
Power steering pump (maybe)
Fix the wiring
fan shroud screwed back down
front bumper bolted back in one corner
electric window switch
some other little bits and pieces
Its blowing smoke, so im hoping so injector/throttle body cleaner should help, if not, may have to slam some rings in it.. but hopefully not.

Its very straight and paint is awsome. couple of little heat marks on the bonnet from the fire, but can hardly see them :P

Plans for it, is get it running good so i can drive it. then maybe get new chrome for around the protector strips, put my stereo in it. maybe drop it more and put some big wheels on it :D
i'll get better photos when i can drive it..

Current Ride - VT S Pak
Current Project - 305 Vortec Chev Rodeo
Rimma
n00b

Post by Rimma »

Trust you i just get back into the gemi scene again and you leave :cry: nar good ride m8 hope to be cruzing with ya :D
why would you!
coupecrazy
n00b

Post by coupecrazy »

yeah wtf im nearly on the road terry please stay sell that fuel guzzeler and get another gem
black'n'blueGem
Regular

update:
was 120k's from town and the stato lost 3rd and 4th gear, the gas screwed up and its now running on 6 or 7 cylinders! :evil:
we were quoted over 800 to fix the gearbox + getting it running etc.. really defeats the purpose of having a cheap run around. so i think i may auction it off and get rid of it. i cant be bothered!
Current Ride - VT S Pak
black'n'blueGem
Regular

My stato was stolen yesterday from the shopping centre carpark. went in to get a haircut. come out and it was gone. just waiting for a call from the cops when they find it. kinda pissed, coz not only did i just sell my gemini and was devo over that, but i saved up for ages to buy the stereo in it, and some low life piece of s*#t steals it. :cry:
Current Ride - VT S Pak
yldgem
Long Term Member

Post by yldgem »

Thats fukd buddy, hope its recovered in a decent condition.......

CAR THIEVES SHOULD BE DRAWN AND QUARTED!!
black'n'blueGem
Regular

Class87 off caliasturbo.com informed a mate that he saw it driving around ascot park, then he told him to go check bp on daws rd. apparently its been involved in a high speed chase.
i got a call from the cops and the people who stole it have been arrested, the car has been taken in for photos/fingerprinting. the ignition is said to be screwed, outside seems to be ok, and stereo is on backseat.
I have to ring and check in a few hours if i can pick it up.

Also ch7 were there, so its prob going to be on the news

Hope the rot in hell... pieces of s*#t
Current Ride - VT S Pak
yldgem
Long Term Member

Post by yldgem »

Good news yeh?
Last edited by yldgem on Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SICKTG
Long Term Member

Post by SICKTG »

s*#t that sucks at least your system is still in it.. someone stole my brothers VH sle and stole his 18's left it on bricks and s*#t smashed all the dash and took his system the steering wheel everything at least your getting your s*#t back
black'n'blueGem
Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dthoWK1dSuI
ok guys. just went to the cop shop to check it out. couldnt see the tyres but they were rooted anyway the stereo is gone which i expected, sad coz i saved up so long for it. um theres a random sticker on the back window as if theyve tried making it look different to drive around the ignition is stuffed whered theyve used a heater control knob to start it. and engine cover is smashed off for some reason. a backpack, cd case and keys have been left in it. weird thing is, the cd case looks to be mine with someone elses cds in it. My boss kit is rooted, but there is another steering wheel in it, that looks like they were going to replace it with and another deck is on the backseat
plus the car is completly covered in the fingerprint dust.
very strange.. but yeah..
i would like to get back whats rightfully mine, seeing they damaged the car and stole the stereo out of it. sad thing is, if i tried to claim it through court, im gonna get the invisible money they dont have!! grr really pisses me off. its so unfair
Current Ride - VT S Pak
yldgem
Long Term Member

Post by yldgem »

you got there names, what they look like, and their court date......you thinking what im thinking????
black'n'blueGem
Regular

yeah i am thinking what your thinking, and more..
ok. got my car back today. the result stands: Stolen stereo (head unit, sub, amp), sunglasses. Damaged loor lock, ignition, steering column, engine cover, front wheel, steering wheel, boss kit.
Left in the car was some tools, some other deck, and cd's. (not to mention smells like theyve smoked 200 packets in it)
They used another ignition and a heater control jammed in it, to start it.
As it sits
Now the work of fixing it all again.. :(
Current Ride - VT S Pak
MRJUCY
Chatterbox

Post by MRJUCY »

oh s*#t sorry to hear about that but atleast ya got the car back.. i hope ya gonna get money off the c*#t... i hope these c*#nts gone to jail for long time.. i hope ur car will all fixin soon...
SICKTG
Long Term Member

Post by SICKTG »

s*#t that sucks dude my brothers car had a heap of CD's in that werent his aswell that weired as... his car was stolen in mebls tho wonder if its the same people doubt it but still weired
azick
n00b

Post by azick »

bastards!!! that's horrible :(
find dickhead in the mirror