Got tired of walking REAL quick

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her other non Gemini related cars. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
SoYank
Has Fibre

Got tired of walking REAL quick

Post by SoYank »

I never know if I'm gonna make it where I'm going in the PF & when the head gasket puked on me last week 125 miles away from home I decided I needed an upgrade.
I bit the bullet & took a (VERY small) loan to get a newer more reliable ride. I'd really like to keep the Isuzu along with the new acquisition. I need to get it running before I can attempt to sell it & I know once she's back revving I won't WANT to sell it. I've paid Insurance, registration, & taxes on 2 rides before for a few yrs & that gets old fast.

ANYWAY, I found a 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier (dunno what they are to y'all) with ecotec DOHC 2.2, absolutely frigid A/C, less than 36,000 miles for cheapcheap (1/2 of Kelly Blue Book). It's a base model with no power nothing - crank windows, cloth interior, 5-speed stick, right side mirror but not power adjustable, & a few dings/hail dents. Someone had a dog in it alot & the backseat is kinda hairy but the inside is dark blue so it's not real noticeable how grungy it was inside. Musta been one of them young'uns who owned it at some time because of the exhaust mods :shock: but it runs great & alledgedly gets 38 mpg. I can leave the hood closed alot more now :D & take the time to fix the USGemy/I-Mark right 8) . Here's the new ride -

After a scrub & some wax (& yanking seats to shampoo the bejeebus outta the inside),
you can see the reflection of the I-Mark patiently awaiting it's turn for service :(
Poor little Isuzu.

edit - I WILL Josh, Jeez, Chill Dude! :lol:
I Know how Gene feels now :wink: IT'S NOT FIXED YET!!
Last edited by SoYank on Thu May 03, 2007 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Springfield, the first city in America to abandon the metric system - Marge Simpson

- 1983 Isuzu I-Mark sedan
- 2003 Chevy Cavalier
yldgem
Long Term Member

Post by yldgem »

good stuff Tag, now fix the gem!!
one
Long Term Member

Post by one »

lol at exhaust
justin86
Regular