My rotary ke26 project and ke20 daily corolla's

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her other non Gemini related cars. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
Sim

My rotary ke26 project and ke20 daily corolla's

Post by Sim »

hey guys, thought i might post up my newest project, its something a lil bit different as i can't say i've ever seen one of these around before. its a '74 ke26 corolla in rare panelvan form.
found the car in NSW n got it freighted down to me. when i got the car it already had a 13bt from a series 4 RX7 installed along with a corona 4 speed box/R31 skyline diff/ke55 front struts etc.
at the moment the car is a bare shell, stripped it down to its undies over the xmas break. heres a list of what iv got planned for it along with some pics.

Model: 1974 Toyota Corolla KE26
Colour: BF Falcon Breeze (currently a multitude of colours, lol)
Wheels: Convo Pro 15x4" (F), 15x10" (R)
Engine: Series 4 RX7 13B Turbo
Engine Mods: Secondary bridge port, dowelled, SCR 2mm seals, Garrett TO4Z turbo, 2x Bosch 044 fuel pump, 2x Carter gold pre pumps, 2x 2ltr Surge tanks, custom intercooler, custom radiator, 48mm Turbosmart wastegate, Turbosmart race port BOV, 2x 600cc primary injectors, 2x 1600cc secondary injectors, MicroTech LT10S ECU, MicroTech handset, battery relocated to boot, etc
Power: I have a vague idea...
Gearbox: Toyota Supra 5-speed box, billet flywheel, PBR 4-puk button clutch, Exedy 1-ton pressure plate
Diff: Shortened Hilux diff, 31 spline axles, full spool, 4.11 gears
Exhaust: Twin 3.5" mandrel bent over the diff exhaust, twin rotoflo mufflers exciting at the rear middle of the car, 4" droopy tips
Interior: Custom made dash, autometer gauges throughout, Velo racing seats
Stereo: Non existent
Suspension: Standard corolla steering components, Nolethane bushes throughout, TA22 celica front struts, pedders shocks/springs, reset leaf springs
Brakes: Series 4 RX7 4-pot calipers, wilwood 13" discs, ford 5 stud conversion, standard hilux drums at rear
Other mods: Half cage, mini tubs to suit 10" convo pro's, fuel cell in boot/cargo area
Cost: lol....

heres how it looked when i picked it up

currently looks like this lol

progress pics of motor
almost finished

and heres a pic of my bog stock ke20 daily

let me know what you think!
Fazio
Regular

Post by Fazio »

looks like a mean little project mate
planning on dragging it yeah (from the wheels you running)
what sort of time will it pul and power you hoping to achieve?

good to see another project out there thats getting worked on
got my te gemi for $220 :)
new coupe... project under construction
http://www.ozgemini.com/forums/non-tech ... ight=fazio
Sim

Post by Sim »

thanks for the comment mate. yeh i plan on dragging it eventually, its still gonna be a street car though, more of a weekender though. a mate of mine running a similar setup/similar sized car made 320rwkw and pulled a 10.4. my motor is built to make around 350rwkw so it'll be interesting to see what it can do.
EVLTD
Chatterbox

Post by EVLTD »

love the rota's! I want your daily!
Sim

Post by Sim »

hah cheers mate, i just sold my daily over the weekend, bought another ke26, 4 door wags this time, to use as a daily. im hooked on these things now!
MY78TC
n00b

Post by MY78TC »

Awesome rola project you got there. Wanna paint my Gemini the same colour, Ford BF Falcon Breeze. Pretty neat daily you have as well. :)