Project Sub14-Zero

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her other non Gemini related cars. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
F3ARED

Project Sub14-Zero

Post by F3ARED »

As some of you may know, I used to hoon around in an E36 318i Manual for the first few months of my P's. Despite handling pretty good and being insane fun in the wet [more to do with my reckless-nomercy driving style then the car itself] it was still an underpowered heap that left me osounsatisfied. So its gone now, and its been replaced with this.

Im suprised by how many people dont know what it is. For those that have never seen one before, its actually a Piazza Turbo, THE car that everyone strips for engines to power their fo0ly sick Gemini. I DO NOT intend to strip this car - so dont ask. It will become my next daily.

The previous owner has done a few bits and pieces to the car although nothing spectactular. Engine-wise its stock as rock, except it has the Japanese domestic market Turbo on it, which is only oil cooled as opposed to oil/water on the Aus Spec. These cars are notorious for their shocking handling - thank god the last owner installed Bilstein shocks and a whiteline 27mm sway bar. Springs on the way soon, as its sitting higher then Bob Marley after 5kgs of grass.

Typical of me, instead of registering the car ive embarked on a rebuild. Car is being stripped back for a respray in XR6 Chilli Red, all of which ill be doing myself. Ill take some pics of the prep work tomorow. Once this is done, the interior gets reassembled and the car will be rego'd.

So why the Sub14-ZERO name? The final stages of the project will come in eary January, with the aim of running a 14 flat or faster 1/4 mile. Ill list the proposed mods tomorow.

Nick-
Previously GeminiCoupe/GeminiRollingShell/SCAR3D/Jonnoisac#nt

78 TD Gemini Sedan - R.I.P
81 TE Gemini Sedan
FAT93M
Regular

Post by FAT93M »

Nice to see one of these being restored rather than stripped for the engine

By the way this could go into the project section..right?
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

I suppose it could go in the project car section however its not exactly a Gemini [despite being closely related] so im not sure wether or not people would lose it at me.

Didnt get a chance to get more pics so ill just list the proposed mods for now.

In Progress
-Full respray in XR6 Chilli Red
-Custom made lowered springs
-Stereo install consisting of a Clarion CD/MP3/WMA head unit [already have] Clarion 12" Sub [already have] USAudio 2chan amp [already have] Pioneer 4" 3ways [already have] and some set of 6" Splits [need to aquire].
-3" Mandrel bend exhaust [mild steel]

Early next year
- Bigger turbo [T25G off SR20 or possibly GT28BB off S15], boosted to around 15-17psi
-Larger injectors
-VN V6 Throttle body
-Cheap aftermarket ECU
-Larger intercooler

End of next year

Well this is the tricky part really. Do i keep it or do i sell it? By this stage the car should be running hopefully just under the 14sec bracket. If i hang onto it, it will eventually get a rebuild bottom end with some mild headwork and a mild cam. If i get rid of it well...still plenty of time to think about my next project.

Nick-
Previously GeminiCoupe/GeminiRollingShell/SCAR3D/Jonnoisac#nt

78 TD Gemini Sedan - R.I.P
81 TE Gemini Sedan