My SkiBoat resto project. *last update 17-2-09*

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her other non Gemini related cars. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
SICKTG
Long Term Member

Post by SICKTG »

nice one i miss the phantom we had and im still looking for pics!
SHEEL

Post by SHEEL »

Took Lawless out for its first day skiing in 10 years and it was a success!

Only issue we had is slight lack of oil pressure guage read 10psi on idle and 20-30 when running. Dad put cheap s*#t oil in the engine so I'm going to change to some nice oil and I reckon that will do the trick. If I can get it up to 20psi idle - 40 under load then I'll be happy with that.

here are some pics we took:

hotgemi
Regular

Post by hotgemi »

hey man nice!

Question,
How come the motor has to be in backwards? 308 dizzy is at the back.
Is this because it is direct drive??
headstrong
Regular
Location: putting my pets on facebook because i cbf paying them attention unless its online...

Post by headstrong »

awesome man.. where abouts did it get taken out?? eildon??
should bring it upto eildon on the easter long weekend.. mates taking up his speedboat.. could have a legal drag lol
Scroll down for the meaning of life.
SHEEL

Post by SHEEL »

hahaha it goes really good but its no race boat... the prop is set up for social skiing so it has awesome take off but top speed is only about 45mph

That was Hazelwood pondage... gotta love the heated water...

and Hotgemi > yeh its in backwards to accomodate the direct drive dog clutch. that how most midmount engines are set up.
hotgemi
Regular

Post by hotgemi »

aw yeah cheers mate.
i like to know how things work :)
headstrong
Regular
Location: putting my pets on facebook because i cbf paying them attention unless its online...

Post by headstrong »

awesome.. mates boat is onyl a ski boat aswell i dont have exact specs on it but it is a 350 chev n/a...
SHEEL

Post by SHEEL »

I do see your point though in that it would be legal to drag race... how awesome is that... not like with cars... there are very few rules with boats, you can hoon almost as much as you want! I love it!!
headstrong
Regular

Post by headstrong »

also isnt hazelwood pondage home to some weird non native fish like a breeding population of oscars??? lol
shyguy

Post by shyguy »

headstrong wrote:also isnt hazelwood pondage home to some weird non native fish like a breeding population of oscars??? lol
hehehe hazelwood is full of red devils and convicts, ;) theres alot of african cichlids around the other side i can never remember the name of, parrots? peacocks? i dunno somethin like that

prolly oscars too as they eat f*ckin anythin..
i do agree wit the heated lake comment sheel :P
Nimbus
Regular

Post by Nimbus »

Awsome shots! I'm going to pick up some fglass today, so My little skiboat should be on the water soon.. can't wait! Hazelwood will be my first test run..

Hazelwood Pondage is home to a truly wild, breeding population of Convict cichlids (Amatitlania nigrofaciatus, previously Archocentrus), Red Devils (Amphilophus Labiatus/Citrinellus), African Hybrid OB Zebra cichlids, and the spotted tilapia, (Tilapia Mariae)..
There is also Some VERY large European carp.

There has never been a confirmed population of Oscar (Astronotus ocellatus), although there are reports of some being captured. This isn't surprising, as they grow quite large, and many people haven't the heart to kill their pet when it outgrows the aquarium.
The water has been extensivly tested, and despite rumour, it is quite healthy, if a little hard.

:wink: <-Fish nerd
Look kids! It's an internet forum!
headstrong
Regular

Post by headstrong »

lol pfft i hate south american fish lol natives FTW.. lets put our 2 fishes in a tank together greg and see whose lasts the longest.. 70cm murray cod (one of the most aggressive freshwater fish in the wolrd) or you flowerhorn?? lol
on another note i got my boat license and PWC endorsment today so i will be taking my fishing boat up eildon if you would rather drag that instead lmao.. mercury 15 hp outboard ftw lol...
ski-93

Post by ski-93 »

ive always wanted to go to hazlewood pondage but have been told that the water is no good if swallowed? is this true?
i ski on the murray
SHEEL

Post by SHEEL »

hahah nah mate I've swallowed sh1tloads of it when I have good stacks... no problem...

the only problem with hazelwood is the heat promotes algae, so it gets algae more than most places... but they put signs up when that happens then you jst drive 30 mins over to narrican...provided narrican is open...
SHEEL

Updates!

Post by SHEEL »

hey guys, got a few updates!

we cracked a valve in the motor 2 weeks ago so we have bought a reco engine for it. the reco engine was from a boat shop and has a full marinising kit so now we have an entire spare setup once we fix the heads up on the old motor.

I have also started to fix the trailer up which you can see in the pics:

Trailer draw bar before:

after... trail fitted, no more ugly cross bar, adjustable height and boat sits further forward on trailer now... tows better.

Last pics of old engine before I pull it out:

old light panels removed and new prop guard welded on:

new light panels: