Tassie ZZ/Z's other Z!

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her other non Gemini related cars. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
Tassie ZZ/Z
Regular

Tassie ZZ/Z's other Z!

Post by Tassie ZZ/Z »

My other Z!

1988 Nissan Z31 "Californian" 300ZX Turbo.

Known to me as "the Datsun".

Great machine - even though it's the old style 300zx, I love it.

Don't really have any other pics as it's still in Tassie! These photo's came off my phone, sorry for limited quality.

Image Image Image Image

Z31 Class Yacht - What an absolute Goer

Image Image
Last edited by Tassie ZZ/Z on Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dagwood
Regular

Post by dagwood »

looks great. I loved those ones heaps more than the new body shapes.
Where is it i might have to pay it a visit. Are you completely relocating to vic or are you just moving in between but keeping your car in the better half. :?
Tassie ZZ/Z
Regular

Post by Tassie ZZ/Z »

Daggy Dogs, how's it going pal?

Z31 is down in Hobart. Driving it to the Falls Festival for beers&tunes (see you there!), then it's heading over here to Vic early next year on the spew boat.

I'm working in Vic at the second, unsure if I'll stay....... I was at Incat (you know the story there) for 9 years but decided to leave for greater things.

Tassie for a Republic - Daggy Dogs for P.M.

mike.
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

Ahh, the good ole Z31...one of the Piazzas main competitors back in the time. Whats under the bonnet? Aus delivery VG30E/ET or is it an import with the red top RB20DET?

Nick-
Previously GeminiCoupe/GeminiRollingShell/SCAR3D/Jonnoisac#nt

78 TD Gemini Sedan - R.I.P
81 TE Gemini Sedan
dagwood
Regular

Post by dagwood »

Yes just for an off topic post,
Falls is good. Beer is better. Ill be seeing you at the falls. good to see you got your ticket in time (bloody teeney bopin bastards). Yeah shall be swell. im taken the geminator down. load up some *secret* places with grog.

anyway, its a nice car, how much you pay for it
Tassie ZZ/Z
Regular

Post by Tassie ZZ/Z »

Mr knowledge Nick (GeminiCoupe) - You knows your stuff my friend.

I think 200ZR's were the ones with the RB20ET, same style body. I wouldn't be amazed if some 300's had that motor either. It's surprising the amount of variations of these things, poor old Aussie just got an unexciting version when compared to the Japs and Yanks.

Yanks get the awesome 2 seater "SS" version.

Japs get "All Sorts".

Aussie only gets 2+2 GL.

Mines just the run of the mill Cally 300zx, 3.0 V6 Turbo. Paid $6500 a couple of years back, it's in really good cond and drives bloody well.

If these things were a competitor of the Piazza, I dare say Z31 wins having owned both!

Anyway - "Good old Z31"

www.z31.com - lots of "Datsun" pictures here (under media/images)

ps. And yes Dagwood, you owe me a beer at the falls fest haha!