My 74 TA22 Celica

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her other non Gemini related cars. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
fleaboy
Regular

My 74 TA22 Celica

Post by fleaboy »

Gday Fellas,

As i have sold my gemini, which was a sad moment, I decided i needed something that will eventually replace my BA fairmont as a daily. Had to have curves etc. and rwd. So I was after a 70s car that was manual and a 4 banger. $500 later i had purchased this:

At some stage it was reupholsted pity its got stacks of cigarette burns and its faded..

This shows the fading...

And this is the Heart of the beast.
3T SOHC - but alas... no twin carbs... maybe later :lol:

It needs some work obviously but she ticks over alrite considering it hadnt been touched/started since 2005.

Il be updating it when I make progress at present i have just been refreshing fuel lines and radiator hoses, rust repair is probably next on the agenda.

So thats pretty much my bomb! 8)

Dave.
Gemi Coupe
Long Term Member

Post by Gemi Coupe »

1. Remove 3T

2. replace with 1UZFE

3. ?????

4. profit....
hotgemi
Regular

Post by hotgemi »

i dont get it,
why do you replace a ba as a dialy with a 70's model car?
and sell a gemini to buy a celica n post it on ozgem???
holy confused... :?
why sell the gem to begin with
fleaboy
Regular

Post by fleaboy »

hotgemi wrote:i dont get it,
why do you replace a ba as a dialy with a 70's model car?
and sell a gemini to buy a celica n post it on ozgem???
holy confused... :?
why sell the gem to begin with
BA Fairmont - boring to drive no class not fun. (I like old cars new cars just lack.... connection between driver and car)

i post it on Ozgemini - because this is the other cars gallery - which you would assume a celica falls under that category

Why sell the gem? - it was dieing and would have cost as much as the car was worth to fix.
Dont get me wrong i loved my gemi thats why i have a need to drive old cars around...

Dave :lol:
hotgemi
Regular

Post by hotgemi »

:( poor gem.
well good luck with the celica then.
good shell for a 2j???......
i know what ya mean about the ba, i have a wagon company car, if i could put it in the lake across the road i would :lol:
fleaboy
Regular

Post by fleaboy »

hotgemi wrote::( poor gem.
well good luck with the celica then.
good shell for a 2j???......
i know what ya mean about the ba, i have a wagon company car, if i could put it in the lake across the road i would :lol:
Poor gem but went to an enthusiastic mechanic so itll be looked after. As for engine i'm just wanting to get the thing on the road...
Yer im even considering swapping tha ba over (Suzuki Jimny for some fun :P )
Crazytim

Post by Crazytim »

there are worse cars to replace a gem with... my 2cents is you should have kept the gem and got the celica. That exact model Celica is what I wanted before falling in love with gemini's, hadn't even heard of a gemini and stumbled across a TF wagon for $900 10yrs ago... now I own several :lol: .

I know theres plenty of inspiration online but theres a guy on www.oldschool.co.nz that owns 2 very tasty examples, a sedan back like yours with a 2JZ and he is currently doing a fastback with a 1UZ... awesome vehicles imo... he has build threads for both in the Members Projects category.
geminilover3236
Long Term Member

Post by geminilover3236 »

That's a score for $500.
lukes_tg
Regular

Post by lukes_tg »

x2 ^ theres a old school celica up here somewhere with a ls2 and tubbed its a sick car

t3/t4 haltech powered forged 4ze1 gemini in the build
fleaboy
Regular

Post by fleaboy »

They are pretty cool cars when done up.. mines still so far off that point. After July i actually get my weekends back which will be nice. All i have done is stripped the car and thats it.. very very slow progress considering ive had it for 8 months!! :cry:

Dave