My Cousins newly aquired project...

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her other non Gemini related cars. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
F3ARED

My Cousins newly aquired project...

Post by F3ARED »

My cousin mentioned he was thinking about getting a project car...which was funny because id just seen the perfect car for sale.

73 Datsun 1200 4door sedan, one owner from you, 70,000miles [!!!!], stock as a rock and all. Big plans for this one.

Stanza struts, discs and calipers will be getting thrown onto the front soon along with a 120y swaybar, brake booster and master cylinder [currently stocko unboosted setup with 4wheel drums]. Once thats done, respray in the same/similar orange, 14" steelies off a Stanza with 240Z/260Z hubbies, venition blinds, whitewalls. Then the fun starts.

Mad Dat Motosports CA18 front crossmember. CA18DET, front mounted cooler, ecu, T25G, 15psi etc etc. I expect power around the 150rwkw mark, should be good for an easy 13 in a car that weighs a touch over 800kg.

Nick-
Previously GeminiCoupe/GeminiRollingShell/SCAR3D/Jonnoisac#nt

78 TD Gemini Sedan - R.I.P
81 TE Gemini Sedan
Crumz

Post by Crumz »

I reckon a lot of Datto nuts would see you hung for modding that car. Looks straight as all hell, very neat.

But hey, why leave a car so nice standard? :D :D
Another Quality Post by Crumz

Fix the roads, not the fines.
one
Long Term Member

Post by one »

should come up nice, i love 1200's
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

Nah, the Datsun nuts love it! They are more then happy to lend a hand. The car is going to remain 100% original on the inside and outside [with the exception of a tacho and decent speedo setup]. So far found a place that makes the engine and box xmembers, only drama is apparently the tunnel needs "massaging". Hrm..ill manage.

Yeah Adz shes pretty f*#cking neat for a 32yr old - The MILF of the Datsun world! LOL. I told my cousin if he didnt buy it i would. Ill get some pics when the venitions and whitewalls go on and when the thing is buffed.

Nick-

81 TE Gemini Sedan
isuzu_gem
Regular

Post by isuzu_gem »

GeminiCoupe wrote:Nah, the Datsun nuts love it! They are more then happy to lend a hand. The car is going to remain 100% original on the inside and outside [with the exception of a tacho and decent speedo setup]. So far found a place that makes the engine and box xmembers, only drama is apparently the tunnel needs "massaging". Hrm..ill manage.

Yeah Adz shes pretty f*#cking neat for a 32yr old - The MILF of the Datsun world! LOL. I told my cousin if he didnt buy it i would. Ill get some pics when the venitions and whitewalls go on and when the thing is buffed.

Nick-
just turbo an a15 motor and keep it as a cruiser cant go past the old school setup
What about all the good things Hitler did!
one
Long Term Member

Post by one »

high comp n/a L20b!
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

Am i the only one here that doesnt like Datsun engines? I had someone try to tell me an A15 would demolish a stocko G161. f*#k were they ever wrong, it was a Datsun 1200 ute with extractors and a cam and it was one of THE slowest cars ive ever driven. I ended up demolishing it in a race.

L20b needs chopping and welding to fit into a 1200 engine bay. That, and they are a s*#t motor so its not worth the effort :P [although they do sound nice with twin webers but i suppose any oldschool engine does!].

CA18DET all the way. Cheap, small light and theres fitting kits for it.

Nick-

81 TE Gemini Sedan
isuzu_gem
Regular

Post by isuzu_gem »

GeminiCoupe wrote:Am i the only one here that doesnt like Datsun engines? I had someone try to tell me an A15 would demolish a stocko G161. f*#k were they ever wrong, it was a Datsun 1200 ute with extractors and a cam and it was one of THE slowest cars ive ever driven. I ended up demolishing it in a race.

L20b needs chopping and welding to fit into a 1200 engine bay. That, and they are a s*#t motor so its not worth the effort :P [although they do sound nice with twin webers but i suppose any oldschool engine does!].

CA18DET all the way. Cheap, small light and theres fitting kits for it.

Nick-
mates a15 with twin webbers, speedway cam, exhaust, head work, ect ect absolutly hauls ass and sounds fat
the heads are the oval port ones and were used for some rally class back in the day
they are a great motor for what they are
put it this way my old 1200 made 40hp @the wheels with a completly stock a12, we chucked an extra 10 deg timing in it and it made 52hp thats just from timing adjustments, i even droped the whole exhaust and it just had the standard headders on one day went for a blast around the block and it was screaming!! then went back out and poped a new retread doin one burnout
guess what my next daily driver is going to be when i put the gem in race mode?

pete

ps wana sell the hubcaps?
What about all the good things Hitler did!
PSI-26L
Regular

Post by PSI-26L »

Datto engines rock!!

They s*#t all over a G161 in reliability (a series anyway). Gotta say aswell, i saw a 1200 ute with a worked A15 chop a 3.8L VP commodore. Ive never heard or experienced anything but good from the A series datto engine.

Personally i would use that to keep the originality of the car
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

Your stories are the exact opposites to mine. Ive had nothing but trouble with both the A series and L series. I have alot of mates with datsun and unfortunately they arent as reliable as some think. The 1200 Ute i drove had an A15 with a cam and extractors and it was a slug. I really dont see them in the same rose-tinted glasses you blokes seem em in. Old man had an ex-rally 1600 with an L20B and later on a 1000 sedan with an A14, both of which he hates with a passion. After working on a mates KPC110 Sedan ive learned to hate the datto engines more and more.

Oval port heads are fairly rare and off the 1200GX sport i think, hard to find these days. Ive also seen a Gemini with a mild cam, a single 32/36 and extractors demolish a VN V6 :wink: Give me a gemi any day.

Um, only dyno figure ive seen from an A12 was in Hot4s, Martin Donnons "Gimp" 1200 Ute. Stock as a rock made 32rwhp....A14's are slugs, mate had a Datsun Sunny manual and that was a heap. Bah I JUST HATE EM. LOL

On the other hand, the bodys look cool and lend themselves well to engine conversions. Definately going modern power on this one - he picks it up on thursday so ill get more pics then. Hes looking at selling his 93 Golf to fund the project. O0o0ohman.

Nick-

81 TE Gemini Sedan