The Mini Paj!

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her other non Gemini related cars. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
ajs991
Long Term Member

The Mini Paj!

Post by ajs991 »

Last year I bought a VS Commonwhore for the express purpose of driving to Toc and back with plans to flog it off as soon as I got back. I ended up daily-ing it for a while but since rego was running out I decided to give it the flick (sold this morning).

I planned to get my bike registered again and ride that but then this cropped up.

Bloke at work picked it up from his old man with plans to turn it into a bit of a touring type vehicle. Minister of War and Finance apparently had other ideas though and the foot went down.

Thats where I come in. With an offer of $500 accepted, I decided to postpone bike rego and have this for a bit of fun.

Im extremely surprised how well it drives and how capable it is offroad. 2.3 turbo diesel absolutely s*)ts all over my old hilux.

Anyway we took it out last night and had a shitload of fun. Only got stuck once :D

Doesnt look at all steep thanks to the pic angle but here it was seesaw-ing and felt like it was considering a life upside down :lol:

List of people I hate: You.
BackToTheGem
Regular

Post by BackToTheGem »

Sounds like a good score!! My old man has always owned pajeros he used to have the 2.6L LWB version of yours.

I had no idea the rear end of them flexed like that or have you pulled out the rear swaybar (assuming they have one).
S15 Silvia - Daily
KZN130 Surf - Bush Toy
TX Sedan - Gemini heaven (aka Elky's)
TX Coupe - Now we're on!!
TE Cortina - Stock mint condition
Toyota 86 GTS - Due September 1st
ajs991
Long Term Member

Post by ajs991 »

If they do have one, I havent removed it. I was very surprised by how well it flexed as well.

First time looking at he pics on a computer monitor, my god they are terrible :shock:
List of people I hate: You.
elky
Gemini Master

Post by elky »

solid axle rears will always articulate well, they have to becuase they got IFS up front which does not flex!
suprafrog
Regular

Post by suprafrog »

elky wrote:solid axle rears will always articulate well, they have to becuase they got IFS up front which does not flex!
agreed, i almost bought one of these a while ago, but bailed because of the torsion bar front end being almost useless for anything serious..
BackToTheGem
Regular

Post by BackToTheGem »

Yeah I hear that - pretty sure I've stained my driver's seat a few times in the Surf thanks to the torsion bar front end. A lot of guys are doing solid axle swaps on them now and they go bloody well. Still 5-6K for a SAS on a surf that's worth 6-8K not worth it for me.
S15 Silvia - Daily
KZN130 Surf - Bush Toy
TX Sedan - Gemini heaven (aka Elky's)
TX Coupe - Now we're on!!
TE Cortina - Stock mint condition
Toyota 86 GTS - Due September 1st
elky
Gemini Master

Post by elky »

seen some new luxes with SAS kits, very noice but $10k drive in drive out

you dont need mega travel tho if u have a locker or 2