Piazza build up

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her other non Gemini related cars. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
F3ARED

Piazza build up

Post by F3ARED »

Some pics of the Piazza build up im doing atm for those interested. Basically the car was bought unreg'd in complete condition. Few minor mechanical niggles, straight body, screwed paint and the only rust was in the hatch. Also had some goodies like a huge front swaybar, bilstein shocks and about 5 original road tests from different mags. Being a factory manual its also got an LSD, climate control etc etc., ugly black rubber spoiler [the spoiler itself isnt ugly, the black is].

When i got it:

Notice the f*#cked paint on the bonnet, dents under the fuel flap and the general rooted paint [looks orange in the last pic]. f*#cked if im driving that thing in that condition, ive got standards to keep. So...

First coats go on...

More to come soon. Colour is BMW Hell Rot or Brilliant Red for those who care.

Nick-
Previously GeminiCoupe/GeminiRollingShell/SCAR3D/Jonnoisac#nt

78 TD Gemini Sedan - R.I.P
81 TE Gemini Sedan
Bellett Racer
Regular

Post by Bellett Racer »

hey nick, just wondering...
how rare are those australian delivery piazza's?? how many came into the country for Holden to sell??
what's the running gear in yours?? (ie:4zc1, 4zc1t etc.)??

i know i sound dumb, but i haven't really studied the isuzu stuff much after the Bellett.
surprise, surprise..

thanks dude, and it's lookin' good!!
Brett.
1/4 mile times are OK for pub bragging rights, but...
REAL race tracks have corners!!
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

Official numbers of cars imported by Holden have been quoted to be around 200 to 300 cars in total. All Australian delivered Piazzas were known as the YB, chassis number JR120. JR120 denotes 4ZC1 Turbo. Naturally aspirated models were not sold here.

All had climate control, cruise control, elec mirrors/windows, p/s as standard. Manual models also scored an LSD rear end. There are about 70 odd cars left registered and running, some of which are imports. Most have been chopped up by Gemini owners for the brakes and engine :evil:

Overseas models also included the JR130 chassis number, which means basically any other engine/trans combo including a G200z SOHC EFI [base model], G200 DOHC EFI and a 4ZD1 EFI [US only from memory]. A few G200z and G200w models have snuck in and are getting around, im yet to hear of a D1 powered model yet.

Anything else you want to know? I might have some questions for you regarding track days, although i better take one step at a time and get the car going first. You know, gotta walk before you can run.

Cheers,

Nick-

81 TE Gemini Sedan
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

Forgot to add, mines a JR120 Aus delivered model, meaning turbo intercooled 4ZC1.

Nick-

81 TE Gemini Sedan
Crumz

Post by Crumz »

Yeah! lets paint it RED. The only f*#cking color Piazza's ever are. No, not yellow, or blue, or green, but f*#cking red.

Bah.

:D :D
Another Quality Post by Crumz

Fix the roads, not the fines.
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

LOL. Do you want to take the engine out for me and then rewire the whole car once the engine bay has been sprayed? Didnt think so. Its a Piazza, there arte about 9 computers, 1000 relays and s*#t everywhere. I aint taking the wiring out just so i can respray the car a different colour :P

If i was going to though....Purple.

Nick-

81 TE Gemini Sedan
Crumz

Post by Crumz »

WTF? Do you drive with the bonnet up or some s*#t??
:D :D

Haha, ok then, point noted.
Another Quality Post by Crumz

Fix the roads, not the fines.
Saidy
Regular

Post by Saidy »

Good to see someone doing up one of these things, good work bro, cant wait to see more.
R.I.P Peter Brock, 26/2/1945 - 8/9/2006

Tassie ZZ/Z
Regular

Post by Tassie ZZ/Z »

Hey Nick,

Don't chuck that black spoiler, looks heaps better with it. Takes a lot of the triangle shape away.........

I've driven an Isuzu badged G200W powered Piazza (redy beige colour) and I have owned an Aus spec Piazza (white), the sohc turbo model is far better! But both interesting machines, great cars.

Death to all those who chop these cars up for parts :evil:

:lol: Mike
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

Ill be keeping the front spoiler, it will be red though to blend in abit better, much like the Jap-spec front bars, bit like this one [see below].

Never driven a DOHC Piazza, looked at buying an early 83 import a while back when i was looking for one [bout 17 at the time], thing was a complete bucket. Rust in the arches, hatch, paint was rooted, engine looked tired, interior looked like an american staffy had lived in it for a few months etc etc, so f*#k that especially for 2300. The AUS spec turbos are much nicer anyway, esentially being a top-spec model compared to the imports. The DOHC is a nice engine, although the Piazza is kinda heavy...
Death to all those who chop these cars up for parts
Damn right brutha :wink: People dont understand the attraction till they drive one. I mean, most of you blokes would forgive a chick with a sick body but an average face if she went hard...hell, her face wouldnt seem that bad after a while. Cars are no different :wink:

[BTW my girlfriend doesnt fall into that category.]

Nick-

81 TE Gemini Sedan
Virtual-R

Post by Virtual-R »

Haha but she still goes hard dosnt she nick ;) ...the piazza i mean :P

Paint looks like its going to turn out alright, pretty good for a 1st attempt, I guess Syko Seki has another skill to add to his list :)

Roy