1979 Mazda 121 2 door coupe

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her other non Gemini related cars. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
Othala

1979 Mazda 121 2 door coupe

Post by Othala »

This was my car before i got the Gem.

Its a 1979 Mazda 121 2 door coupe, that i nicknamed 'Tank' because thats what it felt like driving it - big, heavy, and no power steering!

There are only 5 of these that i know of going around (about 3 in Sydney and 2 down here).

I sadly had to let her go though because she started getting too rusty, and being a rare car, parts werent easy to find. Also the fact that i didnt have the heart to make her as un-original as possible by filling her full of bog (i wanted to keep her as original as possible when i had her. Then it pretty much came down to the fact that she wasnt going to get any better, and my cousins partner had the Gemini for sale and he wanted to work on the Mazda just for the sake of working on a car that he had never seen before. So we did a trade and thats how i got the Gemini. When the Mazda is finished i have first dibbs on it, so i might still get to own her again.

Buckna
Long Term Member

Post by Buckna »

one would assume that a mazda 121 would be smaller than most other mazdas...
gene wrote:Lok for mod………………… HAHAHAAHAHA not realy???? LOL. When hell freezes over and cocks fall from the heavens
Gemi Coupe
Long Term Member

Post by Gemi Coupe »

One would assume a lot of things, but we all know he's just a bonghead :lol:
Sorry one!

It's oldschool.
Ive seen a few of them around, I wouldn't call them rare, but definately uncommon.
nice though. Dump it on its tits and drop a 20B in it :twisted:
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

4cylinder version of the RX5. Big, ugly looking hatch. In standard form, the emissions-strangled 13B Auto RX5 had a worse power to weight ratio then a Datsun 120Y. Definately not a rare car [yes, they are uncommon].

Nick-
Previously GeminiCoupe/GeminiRollingShell/SCAR3D/Jonnoisac#nt

78 TD Gemini Sedan - R.I.P
81 TE Gemini Sedan
gemhead
Long Term Member

Post by gemhead »

why the f*#k would you wana own i again
Crumz

Post by Crumz »

Slap in a V6, throw on some 19" Chromies (spinners prefered) and I reckon you got on hell of a ride...
Another Quality Post by Crumz

Fix the roads, not the fines.
Bugle
Long Term Member

Post by Bugle »

Go the yank spec half vinyl roof