my scorpion

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her other non Gemini related cars. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
Merko
Regular

my scorpion

Post by Merko »

so i've finally got a rwd yippee. my bro had a scorpion sitting in his backyard doing nothing and was looking to get rid of it so i took it off his hands for $500. the RB has constant problems and the scorp is gonna be a backup car and also a bit of a project since it's just gonna be sitting there with no rego for some time.

it's a 2.6L I4, 5 spd manual, it's got a brand new clutch, the Astron II engine with about 200,000km on it and it doesn't leak a single drop of oil. the interior is like new. the body has tiny bits of rust on it. it's even got an old school 4x25W alpine cd player with pioneer door speakers and some other speakers in the parcel shelf.

the main problem it's got is a u-joint is on its way out, the car vibrates so much going 90-100km/h that it made my back numb :lol:
also the suspension is fooked all round.
but for 500 smackaroos i'm stoked.

Last edited by Merko on Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yldgem
Long Term Member

Post by yldgem »

well look at that, they run the same oil filter as the gem!!
good score mate.
Saidy
Regular

Post by Saidy »

thats clean as, nice pickup.
R.I.P Peter Brock, 26/2/1945 - 8/9/2006

DryftKult
Long Term Member

Post by DryftKult »

for $500 that's damn clean dude
Merko
Regular

Post by Merko »

cheers fellas. a part of me is hoping the gem dies so i can use this as a daily :lol: but i've spent too much time and money on the gem to let that happen or sell it.
this thing is a beast, it accelerates so fast. and i love the gear ratios i did 90km/h in second gear and it was only revving just past 4500rpm. the RB revs about 4000 doing 50 in 2nd :lol:
just wondering how much fuel it uses with my driving im probably gonna need deep pockets.
the one thing i reeeaaaally dislike about the scorp is the steering. you gotta turn the wheel like 45 degrees before it makes any significant change in direction so i have to really slow down to take roundabouts. the rb destroys it in handling.
one
Long Term Member

Post by one »

people put v8's in em dont they?
Merko
Regular

Post by Merko »

one wrote:people put v8's in em dont they?
probably i don't know too much about these cars yet. i know that turbo's and magna efi mods are common though.
MCAgembooger
Regular

Post by MCAgembooger »

there was an article in Zoom from a few months ago about an '88 magna with a heavily worked Astron II. from memory it was n/a with twin sidedraught webers and a fair bit of internal work... i'll have a look for the article
Slavery: gets s*#t done...
93mnitg

Post by 93mnitg »

never seen one but looks clean
2L CoMMo EaTer
Merko
Regular

Post by Merko »

SCORPION SOLD for $1600. Pretty sick considering it needs 4 new tyres, a new windcreen, new muffler, and looks like s*#t from rust. Yay :D

I bought the car for $500 and spent about $500-$600 on parts. So a bit of profit :)

now to sell the RB and find a new car, preferably an S13 :D