1984 mitsubishi L200 ute

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her other non Gemini related cars. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
BUR75
Regular

1984 mitsubishi L200 ute

Post by BUR75 »

thought id post some pics of my daily as ive put a bit of work into it and its a bit different.

I dont have any build up pics but basically I bought it as a bog stocka with a molested tub. I then bought a parts car soon after which had a good tub, the surf wheels and a few other bits and pieces.
The new tub was shaved and a few rust repairs done, i painted the whole car with spray cans and im happy with the results. Other touches ive put on the car are the peep mirrors with visors, a hurst t bar shifter grip,and the whitewalls. The door cards were an idea i had but havent turned out aswell as hoped, im going to redo them but take my time and be more precise with marking out and stitching.

anyway heres the pics

Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

Looks trick as man!
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
BUR75
Regular

Post by BUR75 »

cheers

future mods will be a speed shop logo airbrushed onto the doors and lowering the front, tho i cant for the life of me work out how to get the springs out.
Gromet
Chatterbox

Post by Gromet »

they don't have springs do they? my old datto 1500 and my mates rodeo had sprinted tubes and a bolt at the end of it(under the cabin), you could lossin it or tighten it, to lower it.
DickensCider
n00b

Post by DickensCider »

you got the same dirtbike helmet as me... wat u ride?
BUR75
Regular

Post by BUR75 »

nah its got a sprung front end. ive undone everything that looks to be holding it captive but cant get the lower arm to drop letting the spring out.

and i just ride a postie haha.
low-26l

Post by low-26l »

maybe you just need a bigger hammer :)

thats way cooler then the rodeo ever was anyway,
i like it
BUR75
Regular

Post by BUR75 »

yer the rodeo had no character. the only car of mine that didnt even get a name.

well the motor blew on it early last week. there is a hole in the side of the block and a hole in the sump.

will be receiving either a twincam 4g63 or a efi 4g54 from a magna.
lukes_tg
Regular

Post by lukes_tg »

i think your refering to torsion bars. (not you bur75)

t3/t4 haltech powered forged 4ze1 gemini in the build
BUR75
Regular

Post by BUR75 »

yer they are called torsion bars. worst suspension ever. once lowered its bumpsteer central.
lukes_tg
Regular

Post by lukes_tg »

if you've ever driven a car with decent power and a torsion bar front end ud know that there pretty good to drive in a straight line, but as soon and you try corning worst suspension ever. c oil would have to be best all rounder suspension

t3/t4 haltech powered forged 4ze1 gemini in the build
WOPISH

Post by WOPISH »

You buy Drop Spindles, and the bumping stops.
But hey, they are a work ute, not a track car, so what would you expect any other time?

Looks Cool.
TG Sedan.
BUR75
Regular

Post by BUR75 »

bit of an up date. the standard SOHC 8v 4g63 died a terrible terrible death. (hole in the block and hole in the sump both with metal hanging out). ive purchased a twincam 4g63 out of an RVR with the loom and ecu. so will be doing a conversion in the coming weeks.
low-26l

Post by low-26l »

BUR75 wrote:bit of an up date. the standard SOHC 8v 4g63 died a terrible terrible death. (hole in the block and hole in the sump both with metal hanging out). ive purchased a twincam 4g63 out of an RVR with the loom and ecu. so will be doing a conversion in the coming weeks.
so hows that coming along?
insert something witty