Pattymac's 2TG TA22

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her other non Gemini related cars. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
Hachikansai77
Regular

Post by Hachikansai77 »

You have used the correct terminology, I just prefer to call them Tsurikawas out of personal preference.
Mainly I wanted to know, as a lowdown enthusiast, what you believe the hangring represents?
I've noticed a lot of people in the last 12 months or so have been getting their hands on Tsurikawas and hanging them off things like drift (or "drift" styled) cars, or non Japanese marques without understanding the significance of them, believing they're just another trendy fad. The reality couldn't be any more different though.

Not saying that you are of course, a TA is an excellent candidate for a Tsuri (Fonzy's Zoku-Sha TA22 is a perfect example of this, even if his choice in ring style isn't exactly purist in my opinion), however as an enthusiast of Lowdown and Zoku-Sha it is something that I am curious about.

I want to see what kind of pipes you decide to go with too, I'm still trying to decide what to use on the drift coupe :twisted:

Also, for anyone who doesn't know which car I'm referring to, this is Fonzy's TA:

Like I said, not a fan of the ring style, but the principle of it is the same regardless.
Also... badass!
TD Sedan "Derrick/Dez"
TX Coupe "Zero": Longterm Zokusha/Drift Build.
TE Diesel Sedan: Turbo Sandpiper II Mockup (In Progress)
TE Sedan "Bella": Basic Battle Bitch
Hilux: Daily

TL;DR: STOP OFFERING ME GEMINIS!!!
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

2gte 1ggte gay

2JZ Big turbo.

Who cares about the rest of the details.

Do it.

End thread.
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
BlueGem
Regular

Post by BlueGem »

IIRC the ta22 engine bay is a bit shorter than the later models and makes it a bit of a mission to get a 6 in there
AKA Project 64/Stock TE
geminilover3236
Long Term Member

Post by geminilover3236 »

Love the TA's
That Fonzy's TA is fricken badass!
stubbsy212
Regular

Post by stubbsy212 »

Mates TA22 with 1j, its off its face quick

Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

As above.
There's two 2j powered celicas in Canberra ones quick the other is insane.
I've got pics of the engine bay of one which is snug. It fits well.

The other I've only ever seen driving and it's fast. Probably decimate most of the quick cars around. No idea of exact specs but from what im led to believe it's built to the s*#t house and big single turbo.
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

LOL. Sorry, i cant help but laugh everytime i see that Fonzy thing. All that $$$$ on engine bits and it still wont make power.
Yeah man I'm talking about the real deal 2TG with twin solex carbs factory fitted. Are the worth good penny?
If its the real deal then yeah its worth dosh. Similar to what a ZZR is worth....prob more as theres a larger market for that stuff.
GeminiCoupe- Any more details on the 1GGTE..? You have me intrigued haha
Theres write ups on toymods for it, think it was the front sump'd version of engine you needed. Relatively straightforward swap - yes the TA bay is abit shorter but its still pretty easy. Ditching the twin turbos helps.
Previously GeminiCoupe/GeminiRollingShell/SCAR3D/Jonnoisac#nt

78 TD Gemini Sedan - R.I.P
81 TE Gemini Sedan
PattyMac
Regular

Post by PattyMac »

Hachikansai77 wrote:You have used the correct terminology, I just prefer to call them Tsurikawas out of personal preference.
Mainly I wanted to know, as a lowdown enthusiast, what you believe the hangring represents?
I've noticed a lot of people in the last 12 months or so have been getting their hands on Tsurikawas and hanging them off things like drift (or "drift" styled) cars, or non Japanese marques without understanding the significance of them, believing they're just another trendy fad. The reality couldn't be any more different though.
I'm not sure on this but I believe they used them to show off how low their rides were..? The ultimate low being the ring dragging along the ground. Nonetheless I think they just look sick hahaha :D In my opinion only the traditional ring looks right. The love heart on Fonzzy's looks a bit whack to me lol
BlueGem
Regular

Post by BlueGem »

That's what I've read in a few places too (its the same with the stuffed toys too isn't it?). Makes me laugh when I see them about 100mm off the ground or even higher.
AKA Project 64/Stock TE
Hachikansai77
Regular

Post by Hachikansai77 »

...swing and a miss sadly :?

I won't go any more offtopic here, but I recommend you do a little research on Bosozoku before going out and trying to obtain one. I can PM you with some more detailed information, but only if you really want to know. I can also help you obtain one if you so wish.
TD Sedan "Derrick/Dez"
TX Coupe "Zero": Longterm Zokusha/Drift Build.
TE Diesel Sedan: Turbo Sandpiper II Mockup (In Progress)
TE Sedan "Bella": Basic Battle Bitch
Hilux: Daily

TL;DR: STOP OFFERING ME GEMINIS!!!
PattyMac
Regular

Post by PattyMac »

Small update, not much has happened due to lack of funds, but I did manage to spray the bumpers, which IMO looks 10 times better than body colour. Just until I find chromies anyways. Also did the tow hook red to give it that race spec sorta look. Need moar low desperately!

riggaz
Chatterbox

Post by riggaz »

Damn I've ALWAYS wanted a TA22..