15's for $1500 , who would be interested in the challenge?

15's for $1500 Competition
elky
Gemini Master

Post by elky »

Jonno wrote:
redzone (coxy) wrote:1600 crank requirement kills it for me
As you may have gathered me to. :cry:
1600 crank offset ground...... :lol:
GEMI79
Chatterbox

Post by GEMI79 »

elky wrote:
Jonno wrote:
1600 crank offset ground...... :lol:
what rods to suit???

I would give this a go but 1600 motors are not worth spending money on in my opinion. good luck guys.
my gemini may be s*#t, but ur ugly, at least i can fix my car
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

Jonno wrote:
Pussys with no sense of adventure!

Why does it mean so much to be able to stroke it? are you saying its not possible to do without a stroked crank?????

Its a challenge... and hopefully a fun one at that..

So far , it looks like im the only one whos doing it :(
Getting too old for this s*#t!!
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

Had stuff good to go as I told you.

I will continue with my own project no matter.
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
rufazz

Post by rufazz »

To be honest it seemed like a good idea and dont get me wrong im not hating on the idea

but it seems the people that are happy are the ones with stuff lieing around for this to me opening it up further the budget i mean

i was throwing this idea around my work place to guage what people thought and a general consences was this

alllow any stock unopened or unmodified modified conversion to take place the budget would have to be adheared to strictly wich no more than 70 percent of funds towards conversion

or have any standard engine fitted or dirivetive fitted with open mods

say your new budget could be any were up to 3000 max

if you had access to cheep engines or parts a rrp price would be included however your labour and raw stock would not be included but parts would eg cams you had lieing around or turbos etc but

An addition to this would be factory ecu only

Any conversion completed can not use any form of forced induction unless factory original equipment there fore only stock items can be used or retained

also keeping pump fuel is a great idea also keeps that part leveled out

its just a susjestion see for me i could build a killer 1600 cc high comp donk with double webbers i could regrind my cam for nothing etc for 1500 no worries i could also build a killer combo with a single su or 350 holley ?

butr most people here cant put a engine to gether but they could bolt in a rodeo dont or smash in a vn v6 with a t700

actully you could do the 3.8 t700 conversion quite cheeply just for raceing you know ?

also as stated this is just some ideas some will work some wont
redzone (coxy)
Long Term Member

Post by redzone (coxy) »

LOK15 wrote:
Jonno wrote:
Pussys with no sense of adventure!

Why does it mean so much to be able to stroke it? are you saying its not possible to do without a stroked crank?????

Its a challenge... and hopefully a fun one at that..

So far , it looks like im the only one whos doing it :(
remember the 1703 i had in the green car back at jambo 2000? did 15.4 second quarters and the motor combo came in under $1500, webers and all..

so been there, done that. i'd like to build a G161Z with a G200 crank i have lying around, 1600 rods & some short deck pistons. would be fun to see what it'd do..
GARAGE REDZONE sunshine coast ph 07 54433507

1975 TX coupe 4ZD1 efi turbo 10.787 @ 123/128
1977 TC Fashion Pack sedan draw through turbo
1984 TG PF60E dohc Group A racecar
1984 TG Panelvan
2006 Crewman SS 6.0
stubbsy212
Regular

Post by stubbsy212 »

rufazz wrote:To be honest it seemed like a good idea and dont get me wrong im not hating on the idea

but it seems the people that are happy are the ones with stuff lieing around for this to me opening it up further the budget i mean

i was throwing this idea around my work place to guage what people thought and a general consences was this

alllow any stock unopened or unmodified modified conversion to take place the budget would have to be adheared to strictly wich no more than 70 percent of funds towards conversion

or have any standard engine fitted or dirivetive fitted with open mods

say your new budget could be any were up to 3000 max

if you had access to cheep engines or parts a rrp price would be included however your labour and raw stock would not be included but parts would eg cams you had lieing around or turbos etc but

An addition to this would be factory ecu only

Any conversion completed can not use any form of forced induction unless factory original equipment there fore only stock items can be used or retained

also keeping pump fuel is a great idea also keeps that part leveled out

its just a susjestion see for me i could build a killer 1600 cc high comp donk with double webbers i could regrind my cam for nothing etc for 1500 no worries i could also build a killer combo with a single su or 350 holley ?

butr most people here cant put a engine to gether but they could bolt in a rodeo dont or smash in a vn v6 with a t700

actully you could do the 3.8 t700 conversion quite cheeply just for raceing you know ?

also as stated this is just some ideas some will work some wont
You clearly have no understanding of the point of the challenge
headstrong
Regular
Location: putting my pets on facebook because i cbf paying them attention unless its online...

Post by headstrong »

i may have a go at it one day, if i can muster up motivation, and i wont be reading the rules...
Scroll down for the meaning of life.
canon56348
n00b

Post by canon56348 »

Great idea dude. this will separate the men from the boys, anyone can spend money but it takes a clever mechanic to go a long way with little cash and a lot of ingenuity. I especially like the fact that this gets people thinking out of the box and may end up bringing something fresh to the table. One suggestion though its probably too late, how about a sub-category to separate the twin from the single carb crew. Twins can be expensive in keeping with the theme not everybody will have them or have means to get them, not to discriminate the guys who do. Maybe just make a point of announcing the fastest single and twins car at the end and how they went about it. Personally I am more excited about seeing the fastest single carb car and what is achievable with the basics! Wish I wasn't travelling so i could join in (tough life), can't wait to see some of the entries!
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

Coxy.... Then do it , but remember , you wouldnt be eligible to win.
Gene FJ20DEBT
Supreme Overlord

Post by Gene FJ20DEBT »

is there any restrictions in tire diameters? essentially the same as different diff ratios
"No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough."

LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

Gene FJ20DEBT wrote:is there any restrictions in tire diameters? essentially the same as different diff ratios

no , tyres are open. I tried many different variations in heigh on the coupe to see what got me the fastest , from 185/60/13 , 215/50/13 and 225/60/13 , all different heights , and found the smaller 185's were around the money.

Its owners discretion what size they use , this way it'll give everyone , including those not involved in the comp to see what combinations work the best.
ratrod66
Regular

Post by ratrod66 »

i'm still in, i've got a spare engine sat in the garage that i paid $40 for and just picked up a manual gearbox for $12.50......so far total cost for me is $52.50.......i got myself a TD Panelvan the other day dirt cheap as well, just need to replace the floor pans and drivers side front wheel, get a bonnet, fix some rust and i should be good to go........oh and get it rego

ps...i've done the swap to manual in this so ican keep my auto for daily driving in my other wagon....... :lol:
1978 TD wagon "project"
1980 TE Sedan "parts car/for sale"
ratrod66
Regular

Post by ratrod66 »

theres no time limit on when we have to do this is there?
1978 TD wagon "project"
1980 TE Sedan "parts car/for sale"
ajs991
Long Term Member

Post by ajs991 »

Gem Nationals next year.

Considering doing this...
List of people I hate: You.