Lukes New rig! :D

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her other non Gemini related cars. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
luke20
Chatterbox

Lukes New rig! :D

Post by luke20 »

I made a New thread bitchezzzz
Last edited by luke20 on Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've joined the dark side.......... Toyota AE86.

Also bought my Gem back... awwwww shieeeetttt
DrewZa86
Regular

Post by DrewZa86 »

Normally the sale of a gem as sweet as yours would have you cast out as a leper but goddam you hit paydirt, sweet ride.
danman wrote:Seriously! A field of rape...
Jonno wrote:No gemini is a good investment
stock_gem
Regular

Post by stock_gem »

yeah i wanted an AE86 like all jesus-f*#k before i got my gemini. i'd still like one now, but i'd like an '84/'85 PF60 coupe a lot better.
Last edited by stock_gem on Fri Feb 32, 3043 13:75 pm; edited 3.14159265 times in total
suprafrog
Regular

Post by suprafrog »

nice work mate, do you mind me asking what you paid for it?
luke20
Chatterbox

Post by luke20 »

I paid $5500 for it. Very cheap if you ask me. And it already had the 4AGE conversion done! :D

Took it for a drive up Mt Tamborine last night.. Golly gee was that fun! Handles great for something without coilovers. :)

F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

Nice choice, you still have aids for selling the gemini btw.
Took it for a drive up Mt Tamborine last night.. Golly gee was that fun! Handles great for something without coilovers
From experience, im going to beg to differ. I have NEVER driven a coil-over suspended car that drove/handled better then its conventional strut/spring equivilant. This includes numerous S13/14/15's, 350z's, WRXs, R32/33's inc GTRs etc.

Unless you know how to set suspension up properly [and i dont mean just the right height :lol: i mean castor/toe/camber/bound/rebound etc] you'll probably find it will handle like a basket of s*#t. Also, the springs used are generally wayyyyyyy too farking stiff. I know your getting keen on this drifting s*#t so you do have a different need-set then most strictly-street cars with coil overs, however i would still say you do not need coil overs.

Now, you cant put photos of this up without sideways shots. get on it son.
Previously GeminiCoupe/GeminiRollingShell/SCAR3D/Jonnoisac#nt

78 TD Gemini Sedan - R.I.P
81 TE Gemini Sedan
BackToTheGem
Regular

Post by BackToTheGem »

Do you know how I can tell you're gay??

Nah just jokes - sweet looking AE. I've got a couple of mates right into them.

Much rust or is it as clean as it looks in the pics?
S15 Silvia - Daily
KZN130 Surf - Bush Toy
TX Sedan - Gemini heaven (aka Elky's)
TX Coupe - Now we're on!!
TE Cortina - Stock mint condition
Toyota 86 GTS - Due September 1st
luke20
Chatterbox

Post by luke20 »

GeminiCoupe wrote:Nice choice, you still have aids for selling the gemini btw.
Took it for a drive up Mt Tamborine last night.. Golly gee was that fun! Handles great for something without coilovers
From experience, im going to beg to differ. I have NEVER driven a coil-over suspended car that drove/handled better then its conventional strut/spring equivilant. This includes numerous S13/14/15's, 350z's, WRXs, R32/33's inc GTRs etc.

Unless you know how to set suspension up properly [and i dont mean just the right height :lol: i mean castor/toe/camber/bound/rebound etc] you'll probably find it will handle like a basket of s*#t. Also, the springs used are generally wayyyyyyy too farking stiff. I know your getting keen on this drifting s*#t so you do have a different need-set then most strictly-street cars with coil overs, however i would still say you do not need coil overs.

Now, you cant put photos of this up without sideways shots. get on it son.
I will only be getting coilovers for the front only. As they are just lowered springs on stock shocks. Im going to keep the rear with the same setup. Coil and shock seperate.

Also there is no rust in it. It DID have some in the drivers floor but it has been cut/welded and patched up. The paint isn't the best, as it has white blotches throughout it. But I'm still going to take care of it.

What I love most is that I can start it first go in the morning and it will start everytime and idle. Unlike the Gem which you would have to warm up for 5 mins.

I will be a little honest. I do miss my Gem a little bit now that I think of it :cry: When I get another one I think it will be either 4AGE or 13B.

stock_gem
Regular

Post by stock_gem »

luke20 wrote:What I love most is that I can start it first go in the morning and it will start everytime and idle. Unlike the Gem which you would have to warm up for 5 mins.
well maybe your gemini :lol:

i have to warm mine up for 10. jk.
Last edited by stock_gem on Fri Feb 32, 3043 13:75 pm; edited 3.14159265 times in total
luke20
Chatterbox

Post by luke20 »

stock_gem wrote:
luke20 wrote:What I love most is that I can start it first go in the morning and it will start everytime and idle. Unlike the Gem which you would have to warm up for 5 mins.
well maybe your gemini :lol:

i have to warm mine up for 10. jk.
There's always gunna be atleast one smartarse :wink:

BackToTheGem
Regular

Post by BackToTheGem »

16 valve big port I guess?

You got an LSD in it?

I'll see if I can find some pics of my mate's one. It's the cleanest I've ever seen - he's currently putting a 20 valve in it though it was almost a shame to take the 4ac out. It was the only show standard 4ac I've ever seen lol
S15 Silvia - Daily
KZN130 Surf - Bush Toy
TX Sedan - Gemini heaven (aka Elky's)
TX Coupe - Now we're on!!
TE Cortina - Stock mint condition
Toyota 86 GTS - Due September 1st
luke20
Chatterbox

Post by luke20 »

BackToTheGem wrote:16 valve big port I guess?

You got an LSD in it?

I'll see if I can find some pics of my mate's one. It's the cleanest I've ever seen - he's currently putting a 20 valve in it though it was almost a shame to take the 4ac out. It was the only show standard 4ac I've ever seen lol
Yeah bro Bigport. Pulls hard for a stock motor.

And the LSD Is on its way from japan :wink:

GEMI79
Chatterbox

Post by GEMI79 »

Those thing looks sick in person mate you did well. But you're still gay.
my gemini may be s*#t, but ur ugly, at least i can fix my car
luke20
Chatterbox

Post by luke20 »

GEMI79 wrote: you're still gay.
You wish I was ghey.. :wink:

Good news, my 2-way LSD is in and I also got a complete 2.5 inch lobster-back stainless exhaust. Looks soo purdyy. Just gotta get my handbrake sorted then I'll be out on track :D