Toyota Altezza Z edition 5AT

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her other non Gemini related cars. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
MGOTD
Regular

Post by MGOTD »

the gem is in the shed still, selling my old daily AE94 rolla and replaced it with this, as for skid vids it is an auto with no way of holding it in 1st gear so still working out how to do one, hopefully have some footage from a time attack day at lakeside and take it to the drags eventually.

Cheers
MGOTD
Regular

Post by MGOTD »

OLD:

NEW:

Encyclopedia Ronnie
Long Term Member

Post by Encyclopedia Ronnie »

MGOTD wrote:the gem is in the shed still, selling my old daily AE94 rolla and replaced it with this, as for skid vids it is an auto with no way of holding it in 1st gear so still working out how to do one, hopefully have some footage from a time attack day at lakeside and take it to the drags eventually.

Cheers

i canot explain it fully as i do not understand it totally but there is somehwere u can wire a switch in i rember luke did it on his is200 before he pissed it off for a manual and a quad cam 8
Yes, i do still own my coupe, Yes it is still registered and running and ATM driven daily.

oh and NO its not painted yet
MGOTD
Regular

Post by MGOTD »

well i got myself a 6 speed box for this so will be able to use the TRD flywheel soon, just got to get the rest of the gear for it. The front lip is looking a little second hand so was going to get it resprayed along with the front bar but was thinking of possibly getting it vinyl wrapped in CF like Gigantor928 did with he race cars bonnet instead and possibly do the skirts and rear lip as well......thoughts?

Cheers
Matt
NANKERVIS08
Regular

Post by NANKERVIS08 »

Should of gotten a manual...moar powaaa
hooking up boost gauges correctly since I installed my first one
MGOTD
Regular

Post by MGOTD »

lol if i could of found a manual one i would of gotten one but they are rare as hens teeth in australia thanks to the import laws, thats why i got myself a manual box for it now to go with my lightweight TRD flywheel :wink:
MGOTD
Regular

Post by MGOTD »

Stock Standard with the auto behind it:
TURGEM
Long Term Member

Post by TURGEM »

that power curve has potential once its smoothed out
Thats Right Im a Long Term Member
WASTEGATES - WASTE 8S
IF YOU WANNA FLY, GIVE IT MORE P.S.I 8)
MGOTD
Regular

Post by MGOTD »

yeah the afr's where really s*#t house right through the mid range and it didn't make it all the way to limiter so will be setting the limiter to factory manual limit of 8k and get all the afr's neatened up and should be good.

new pics:
Fitted Greddy Emanage Ultimate piggy back ecu
Fitted adjustable upper control arms
Fitted my 8.5 and 9" volks

Image[/img]
MGOTD
Regular

Post by MGOTD »

Went to the downshift meet last saturday night here is my favourite pic of my car pretty much ever haha 8)

Encyclopedia Ronnie
Long Term Member

Post by Encyclopedia Ronnie »

that pic looks fuking unreal
Yes, i do still own my coupe, Yes it is still registered and running and ATM driven daily.

oh and NO its not painted yet
MGOTD
Regular

Re: Toyota Altezza Z edition 5AT

Post by MGOTD »

so got told that I can't get a rebuild kit for my shocks because you need proprietary tooling to fit some of the seals :rolleyes: I work in the hydraulic cylinder bay for the caterpillar dealer in qld pretty sure I have access to more than enough tooling to fit the seals.......any way another of the issues was regassing them as they had no schraeder valves in them so to solve that problem I bought these:

and am getting this machined out and tapped at work

so that this can fit in the base of the shock tube so I can regas them with nitrogen :)

and then I am going to the place work uses to organise non-cat seals to get a seal kit made up for me :D
moley
Long Term Member

Post by moley »

I like. Much more aggressive and nicer looking than a chaser. You'll have to do the 2j conversion now ;)
Coupe rebuild number 6..
viewtopic.php?t=44564
MGOTD
Regular

Post by MGOTD »

thanks :)....... :lol: don't worry that is definitely on the cards 8) can't beat bolt in hp :)
MGOTD
Regular

Post by MGOTD »

Car has had a bit of a facelift with a genuine Legana front bar (very hard to find)

Also had it on the rollers:

stock motor 4-2-1 headers stock exhaust and stock muffler through the automatic box as well