Mugabe Wagon

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her other non Gemini related cars. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
ajs991
Long Term Member

Mugabe Wagon

Post by ajs991 »

Sold my ute and bought this. '97 Toyota Celsior brought over as a personal import from Japan in '98, dubbed the Mugabe Wagon by the blokes at work. They reckon it needs dark tint and Zimbabwe flags on the corners :lol: Anyway, being an import means all the fancy touch screen menus etc are in chink and radio and TV don't get reception. Luckily being asian I can read it all. Amazingly the multitudes of fancy electrical gizmos still work. It is by far the smoothest and quietest car I have ever driven, including a heap of brand new stuff, thanks to 11ty kilos of sound deadening and 5 mufflers. Runs the 1UZ V8 which moves it along quite nicely for a big boat.

About the only thing I found issues wise when doing mass googling was the P/S pump leaks, onto the alternator ruining it as well, and bottom ball joints f*#cking out. They weren't lying about that as it currently looks like this.

From a quick call around just then it seems they're hard to get replacements and they can only get the left :evil: Pain in the arse but doesn't seem to have damaged anything else except the guard.

No plans for it except drive it. I think its too nice to drive/comfortable to mess with, which I've never said before :lol: Though I notice Bullet do a blower kit for them...
List of people I hate: You.
Holden202T
Regular

Re: Mugabe Wagon

Post by Holden202T »

geez can't be too happy with that ball joint! thats pretty scary, looks like a nice car otherwise ... if all else fails you can use the motor in a conversion!
No matter what the question is, the answer is always more horsepower!!
ajs991
Long Term Member

Post by ajs991 »

I was very lucky, happened after we'd pulled into a car park so I was only doing 5-10 clicks at the time. Minutes earlier I was doing 100+ on some rather twisty roads so it'd have ended in death :lol:
Gorgonzola
Regular

Post by Gorgonzola »

Can confirm this thing does epic singles
Previously Known As notorious.

Join It -->
https://www.facebook.com/groups/EliteGemini/
Kings.

Lover of Moose.
ajs991
Long Term Member

Post by ajs991 »

Epic and singles not usually in the same sentence :lol:
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

Like saying cool VN executive Commodore.

Or I go to cube for the good music...
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
ajs991
Long Term Member

Post by ajs991 »

I will offer it to you for $155,000, the same price as it cost me (If I were to buy it new in 1997).