Gemini Nationals Easter '15 - Port Stephens

This forum is here for Australia wide events
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Gemini Nationals Easter '15 - Port Stephens

Post by Jonno »

Gemini Nationals 7 - 2nd - 6th of April 2015.

6 is over 7 Begins.

Things to discuss in this thread (which this post will update as details are locked in)

- Location - Port Stephens Camp Site Anna Bay
- Accommodation is booked in.
- Booked
- Willsy
- Andrew64
- Lok15
- Rod

- Booking is now available!

I've booked in 12 sites for our trip for now plenty of room to take on more if we need it was unsure if the whole SAustralian crew are coming but we can work that out :)

We're over the far side of the park up against the fence and partially in the middle of another section. I've discussed with the owners on how we usually set things up and we will be doing the same arrangement again.
Tents in one spot, communal area & the cars parked in a separate spot.

What to do now:
Call Bays Holiday Park on 02 4982 1438 give them how long you’re staying for (should be Thursday 2nd - Monday 6th April 2015) give them $50 as a deposit OR pay the full amount of your stay over the phone.

WHEN you've paid if you could reply on here with which site AND who's on it that would be sweet.

I want to have the accomodation booking all sorted by FRIDAY 20th FEBRUARY 2015

IF you require more time to work this out but are 100% in please PM/Call/Message me and we can organise something.

PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE IT TO THE LAST MINUTE OR ROCK UP EXPECTING A SPOT TO BE AVAILABLE THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN. The park may accept you into the park but there is no guarentee that there will available places.

- Hillclimb:
- viewtopic.php?f=54&t=47604
Same location as previous 2 years. Bill did a stella job of organising that both years so will run with it again. I think it totalled up to be about $130 for the day which was great got heaps of runs in.
Registration list is as on the first post.

- Cruise
Meet up point for this years SuperCruise is set to start from the Bar Beach Car park in Newcastle.
The address for people who need a GPS reference is:
102 Memorial Drive Bar Beach NSW

Meet up for everyone is from 12:30PM but feel free to arrive earlier. I'll bring my camera so I'll be taking pics for a while.

The cruise will leave the carpark at 1:30PM to make it's way to the Soldiers Point Bowling Club.
(Address: 118 Soldiers Point Road, Soldiers Point NSW)

There will be a few places to stop for pics along the way however it's strongly advised that you fill up prior to the cruise. Could be up to 150k trip so if you needs specialty fuel (I.e. E85) make sure you're topped up.

For something different we won't be stopping for lunch but ending the cruise at the bowling club for dinner. So if you need to eat lunch might be worth eating before the cruise starts :)

From there we will return back up to Anna Bay for the after cruise dinner which is ata the the Bay Soldiers club (Andrew64 can confirm the actual name of the joint)

- Dinner
Sampled the food there seemed pretty decent and prices were pretty average.
I'm hoping to have the function room booked pending replies to this:

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=48063

If you're wanting to come please RSVP so I can sort that out.

Just for fun there's been 3 Supercruise awards sponsored as well. This will be presented on the night.
The awards will be judged for anyone who brings their Gemini to the Supercruise. (Sorry to people who come along who own Geminis but couldn't bring them for whatever reason). .
Judging will be carried out by public voting. Numbers will be placed on car windscreens or visable window and post its will be able to be given into a designated person.
Tallied up by myself Andrew and Loki.
This will be for People's Choice, Runner Up Peoples Choice and an encouragement award for something different.
The decision on the awards are final this is just for fun not motorex so don't sulk if you're car doesn't get chosen.

- Go Karts:
Appears to be a fair few of them around and we can always cruise to the ones we went to last year (Xtreme Indoor Go Kart Racing Warners Bay)
- http://www.gokartsgo.com.au/broadmeadow 700m Track 49ks away (just under an hour)
- http://www.indoorgokarts.com.au/Site/Lo ... WarnersBay 56ks (Just under an hour) - 50ks to the one in Thornton http://www.indoorgokarts.com.au/Site/Locations/Thornton

Also for those who are interested there's a movie theatre not far from so we can all check out http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2820852/?ref_=ttrel_rel_tt :)

Open forum!
J$
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
ajs991
Long Term Member

Re: Gemini Nationals Easter 2015 - Yep threads early this ti

Post by ajs991 »

I reckon we look somewhere inland. While the coast is cool and all, we don't actually use it. Except for a few drunken stumblings that is. There's also always 11ty people there and more cops.

I vote Lake Glenbawn or similar.
List of people I hate: You.
Lil Willsy
A Nice Guy

Post by Lil Willsy »

X2^
TD. daily.
TE 2dr
Kevin wills 6/7/08

I Don't Like Hills...
highwaytohell
Regular

Post by highwaytohell »

Problem with Lake Glenbawn is it's about 2 and a half hours from the hillclimb track, and even further for the southern lads/lasses to travel.
gemsince88
Regular

Post by gemsince88 »

Cessnock? Close to mountains and about same distance to hill climb.
DrewZa86
Regular

Post by DrewZa86 »

Port stephens area, same as cenny coast with a fraction of the HWP and a stones throw from the hillclimb venue.
danman wrote:Seriously! A field of rape...
Jonno wrote:No gemini is a good investment
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

highwaytohell wrote:Problem with Lake Glenbawn is it's about 2 and a half hours from the hillclimb track, and even further for the southern lads/lasses to travel.
Politest way possible who are you? I'm unsure if I met you at the hillclimb.
Unless your Ben then I know :P

Danman would prob be keen on Cessnock.

*Paging Danman.

Awaiting Andrews 64c also.
75 TX Coupe
BLK-TDPANO
Regular

Post by BLK-TDPANO »

I hate this thread already.
Get my licence back in May.
Look forward to 2016..

Sent from my ST21a2 using Tapatalk
firebug
Regular

Post by firebug »

Jonno wrote:Politest way possible who are you? I'm unsure if I met you at the hillclimb.
Unless your Ben then I know :P
Yes he is Booral Ben. And I forgot to mention in the other thread, he helped me greatly in finding a new belt for my car on the day of the hillclimb. Thanx buddy.
"Can't stop addicted to the shindig!..."
Andrew64
Regular

Post by Andrew64 »

Jonno wrote: Awaiting Andrews 64c also.
Unless more s*#t happens Im in for wherever.
But I thought we decided last year to stick to the one venue ? What happened this year to change that ?
Edit to add: I like Andys suggestion Lake Glenbawn
Image ©2009
ajs991
Long Term Member

Post by ajs991 »

Did we? That would be better in the long run. I thought it was still going to be changed up every 2.

Only real issue with Two Shores so far is space but that can be easily sorted by people actually booking a site cough footner cough.
List of people I hate: You.
gemsince88
Regular

Post by gemsince88 »

highwaytohell wrote:Problem with Lake Glenbawn is it's about 2 and a half hours from the hillclimb track, and even further for the southern lads/lasses to travel.
And Kristys psycho ex lives around there so I won't spend any time there.
Lil Willsy
A Nice Guy

Post by Lil Willsy »

ajs991 wrote:Did we? That would be better in the long run. I thought it was still going to be changed up every 2
I also thought this? Last I heard it was a year in kiama then a new venue.. but im not the best listener...
TD. daily.
TE 2dr
Kevin wills 6/7/08

I Don't Like Hills...
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

I was talking to Andrew a while back and figured we had a good thing going at two shores. I mentioned that the other day. I'm happy for whatever to be honest.
Something i haven't said as yet is there wasn't any we won't be coming back sort of discussion to the caravan park so we've still got the fall back.

It's not required that we move every year either.
Those who might remember we moved from port because of the constant headfucks that the caravan park gave us.
You guys thought two shores were a mess...

Kiama we had run out of places to cruise and the northerners wanted something closer their side.

Roddy was keen for somewhere else within the region.
And I'm sure he will chime In soon ethan didn't care.
It was going to be a long drive regardless so few less or a few more was ok. My guess is Eli and footyeah will be in the same opinion.
Nelson bay was the original plan for the previous 2 do we try and lock something in there?
Closer to go karts closer to hill climb?
75 TX Coupe
highwaytohell
Regular

Post by highwaytohell »

Yeah jonno, Ben from booral in the blue gem with an exhaust leak lol. All good Bill mate, hopefully next year you'll yet a few more runs in. Might have to get yourself a daily gem, just incase more problems with the superdupercharger. All good with the help mate, that's what fellow gem owners are for, helping source shot when it inevitably breaks lol. Atleast cessnock has the cheapest fuel in the area haha. 152.9 for 95.