TX Shitbox Coupe

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her Gemini’s. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
Jonno
Korean Jesus

TX Shitbox Coupe

Post by Jonno »

Place holder for build thread cause everyone in this section are assholes and I'm getting envious of their cool builds.

Warning explicit language involved in this thread.
You will feel a strong hate for geminis after reading
You will feel like 10mins of your lifes been robbed.

I accept no responsibilities for the above or offending anyone.

It''s a small excerpt from my other build thread I made on another forum.
This ones a bit more sped up and relevant.
Not too much dragging on about how I changed the lights 10 times or added some f*#cking s*#t to it and took 600000 pics of it.
I could go on with some bs claims how it will make 300hp and do easy 9s and stuff but eh no one cares.

So welcome:

Here's an artsy pic I made after I got it.

Here's when I trekked out and picked up on this stupid trailer a mate at the time lent me...

So basically it sat around for a bit I built a shed for it shed blew over in a storm and ended up living under a tarp.

For those who have seen my nationals pics my Dads got a bus he's completely converted into a motorhome.
So we decided to build a proper shed for the bus and mine (and my sisters) Geminis.

So we had to skull drag the bucket with flat tyres with the tractor. Fk me stuck in a ditch and what a prick to move.
So after this 'effort' I decided to throw on these excellent wheels I had for it from many years prior.

Yep super excited. Look decent need tyres stat.

Anyway we moved the coupe into the shed and I started pulling out the crap I had been accumulation for years for the thing.

Previously I had had a 13bpep for it. Sold all that stuff off and since been through about 6 different motor ideas.
weber fed 161z
G180W
4zc1 t
G200+T
4ze1
4ze1+T
LS1

There's like 30 years of crap lying on the floor so I cleaned it up. Took me ages to kill off all the old crap sound deadening.
Figured there'd be shittins of rust hiding underneath it.

Rust?
Nope :D

So blasted it all back to metal and prepped it up. Stone guarded the s*#t out of the floor. Then painted it the rest nice matte black.

Yep that's me the fatcunt steering the thing around just after I'd finished the floor

Fitted up my million dollar seat and we almost have a complete interior!!! Heeaappp sik aaayyeee?

Sorta.

Threw my sister in told me how far can u see over the dash. "I can see the steering wheel"
Nek minnet the seat and mount are out again. After spending about an hour fiddling with the seat height and how far back I could mount it it was in.

Got flash new carpet crack free dash and sweet steerer Jimmy had sent my way.

Decided that I may as well fit a standard 1600 back in see if it moves and go from there.
So I bought a TD panelvan for bits. Stripped it and put all the good stuff into the coupe.

Dave sent me a fuel tank installed the 1600 fuel tank and a few other nick nacks and between Arrow, Elkin and I we finally got the shitheap started.

f*#k yeah!
So skidpan was coming up we were hella keen to blow the diff centre out have some lols and hi 5 each other after chucking it on the trailer.

Took it for a test road worthy.
Got an idea for things that needed to be fixed.

Started fixing it.

Brakes were an issue so we completely swapped crossmembers and installed a brand new master cylinder.
Now has my TE sedans xmember and isuzu truck master cylinder.

Got my head mechanic Marty on to that and we had the thing pulling up a lot better than before.
So after a quick seat swap and a few other stupid additions (Takata harness and about 10hp worth of stickers) the shitbox was ready for skids!

Sick so Elkin and I go out to my parents joint fill the bitch full of petrol get it started and cruise into town.
15ks from home I start to feel like the powerhouse 1600 was a bit down on power.
Hmm fk this is odd nek minnet TICKTICKTICKTICKTICKTICKTICKTICKTICK FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Pull over shut the thing down. Elkin and I assess the situation.
Well. Seems that old reliable 1600 decided that 4 rods where too many.

Bugger all oil in the thing (seems to have eaten it) f*#k.
Quick dash to the local servo fill the thing with oil then kane it home.
Rod knock is excessively obnoxious at high revs. Eh almost home boot in it and full crank all the way home.

It's f*#cked anyway what do I have to loose? s*#t SKID PAN entry!!!! eh... To late for that now.
Come around a corner still lights the inside wheel ok.

Ditch it out the front and wait for my missus to flog me over yet another car out the front.

Yep well that happens about 5mins of me walking in the door.
So Elkin and I ponder wtf happened. Talk to Nick come to the conclusion oil pump failure. Some how eaten all the oil.

Fk Motor has like 16,000 legit ks on it (not like the one with 20000 ks u bought from that lad in Sydney legit aayee)
Anyways. That's a waste of motor.
Next idea. Someone bound to have a runner somewhere. My mate down the road just wrecked a TX bingo!

Motor seemed good sweet! Literally throw the c*#t in the boot boost to my house and begin the removal of the old and throw this in. This will work right???

Nothing went right. At all.
What a f*#cking drama. It pretty much pissed down rain snow sleet what ever you can think of the whole day.
Get to pull most of the things out at lunch switch over with Nick Elkin and Matty in the shed.

Put it in. FK FUEL PUMP!!!

So the motor dubbed 'rego motor' was mechanical fuel pump my TX was electric in tank.
Cause I'm a genius I'd binned the electric pump in the bin aggggeess ago.

Righto hmm wtf to do wtf to do.
Eh press on will dodge something up with an efi pump or someshit.

By this time I'm sick, tired excessively angry.
Stupid idiot I am brought premium oils for hte box and motor. Put the box in all sweet.
Then the tail shaft.
Tail shaft no go rejigged the whole thing to slip the tail shaft and end up with a face full of FKING GEARBOX OIL which like diff oil I REALLY HATE.

Rage call Marty. Throw spanners kick the quarter. Elkin comes in informs me that it's 10pm
f*#k this c*#t cereal.

So that was in June. Most of the developments prior to that have been over the last 12months.
Just before my birthday in August I got bored and decided eh I got all the things. Lets turbo the stupid thing.
Got it all together then did some research and found out it was going to cost more than I wanted to spend getting the ECU remapped to suit my application.

Eh more money....

Did a few house related spendings instead.

So after months of sitting occupying realestate in my garage along with gathering parts on the roof bonnet and parts from the red thing inside it i decided yesterday that it was about time I actually did something with the nugget.
Clean up the shed after it turned into a bomb site getting Mattys and Amys gem ready for my sisters wedding.

Pulled all the awesome turbo gear off threw on a set of extractors and started setting the timing up correctly.

Elkins bumming around of course.
Bro try and turn this s*#t.

Nope wtf?
Do a few things.
So heaps sick motor lock up tight.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF. I hate Isuzu related things.

So.
In good taste of all these cool builds and the fact that nobody will read/care about this s*#t thread I've decided to jump on the bangwagon and put something together that will invedidably break and I'll rage quit.

For this edition I've selected my least favourite engine.
Yep 4ze1 and this time around Boost. (and I can hear Andys head hitting the desk from here)

Proposed specs (this is using the majority of things from my old setup in the red can):
4ze1 - 2.6L EFI
Block
- Going to rebuild the bottom end to relatively standard specs.
- Fresh bearings and rings and some other things.
- I'll get the block decked and honed cause just to make it that much neater.
Head:
Specs TBA. Need to source a good one cause I don't know if the one I have is any good for boost.
- Ghetto back yard port job
- Maybe HD valves and a cam.

Previous N/a setup made 147.3Hp
Aiming for 200hp at 12psi boost and skids.

Watch this space and the forsales for probable rage quit sale

75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
LOK15
Gemini Master

Re: Not Rare Shitbox TX Coupe

Post by LOK15 »

pics or its nevah gunna happenz
Getting too old for this s*#t!!
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

LOK15 wrote:pics or its nevah gunna happenz
Yeah I had a visitor last night so didn't do anything.
I've got most of the pics from when I picked it up till now.
:lol:
75 TX Coupe
vivoacer
Regular

Post by vivoacer »

Put them up!
TC g161z turbo daily
Adaptronic e420d, proboost gt2871

TG g161z drift car.
- G161z 1643cc, twin 40 dcoe webers.
14.994 @ 89.96/91.41mph
115.2whp @ only 6200rpm
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

vivoacer wrote:Put them up!
Maybe I put some up and some delusional story about something.
75 TX Coupe
vivoacer
Regular

Re: Not Rare Shitbox TX Coupe or Project War Horse

Post by vivoacer »

Jeez was that 142whp or engine that's a nice figure
Looks the goods
TC g161z turbo daily

TG g161z drift car.
14.994 @ 89.96/91.41mph
115.2whp @ only 6200rpm
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

vivoacer wrote:Jeez was that 142whp or engine that's a nice figure
Looks the goods
At the tyres. Dyno'd on 13s etc.

Was an awesome motor on song just kept blowing head gaskets and s*#t.
It was serverly ghetto ass tuned to (which probably didn't help) and had shitbox head studs...

Hopefully this time around I know a bit more and can get things right make ok power at not much boost and whinge on how rubbish these things are.

Pending on how things go with the red car this weekend I might head out grab my engine stand and pull the 4z down and start un-modding the sump.
It runs a piazza sump with all the turbo things welded/plugged up. So about an hours work should fix that problem.
Might set it up for a quad box to. (I have a LT10s microtech for it)
75 TX Coupe
vivoacer
Regular

Post by vivoacer »

What mods did you do to the 4ze1? Was it running standard plenum and injectors? Cam headwork etc
I thought your 4ze1 was mild but 140whp is quite a bit

Yeah man you would think it would s*#t on 200whp, coxy reckons 15psi with a decent turbo on a standard bottom end 4ze1 with some headwork would get 300whp
TC g161z turbo daily

TG g161z drift car.
14.994 @ 89.96/91.41mph
115.2whp @ only 6200rpm
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

read it all.... subscribed!
Getting too old for this s*#t!!
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

vivoacer wrote:What mods did you do to the 4ze1? Was it running standard plenum and injectors? Cam headwork etc
I thought your 4ze1 was mild but 140whp is quite a bit
Yeah sorry I didn't go into much detail with that. I did spend some big coin on it to make that power bro.
- Custom plenum with 3inch single butterfly throttle body on it.
- Standard injectors maxxed out and then some, 040 fuel pump and FPR set to I think 45psi? Brought down cause it'd fuel up and fowl up the plugs which wasn't fun.
- Yep some crow cam port and polished and big stainless valves which I had the specs for somewhere.
Never comp tested by was probably about 11 or 12:1?
12 degress timing and ran 98.

Knocked the timing back after kiama to 10degrees it kept pinging really bad.
Did smack alot of small N/A applications and a few n/a geminis.
5L calias and my favourite GT Forester.
vivoacer wrote:Yeah man you would think it would s*#t on 200whp, coxy reckons 15psi with a decent turbo on a standard bottom end 4ze1 with some headwork would get 300whp
I have all this but not interested in chasing power with a crap motor. Forged maybe I'd look at it but for this purpose is a waste of money.
12Psi should see easy 200 odd. I'm running a VLT turbo so it out of efficiency by 15-17psi really.

+ for the track work I want to do monster HP (more big boost) would probably do me a diservice at the track.
And I have a sedan which is an animal enough so I don't need much power.

Famous last words.

Happy to provide more info if you want specifics to (I.e. conversion tips etcetc) :)
75 TX Coupe
vivoacer
Regular

Post by vivoacer »

Thanks for the info! Good read.
My g161 is my race car is not cutting the mustard torque wise for drifting I mean it probably makes 120whp at 8000rpm but when you're sideways under load in the lower rpm in 3rd it hasn't got enough grunt to keep it sliding. So I'm going to go a bigger g series bottom end then eventually maybe a 4ze1 to keep it n/a. Do you remember what rpm peak power was made and the cam specs?
TC g161z turbo daily

TG g161z drift car.
14.994 @ 89.96/91.41mph
115.2whp @ only 6200rpm
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

vivoacer wrote:Thanks for the info! Good read.
My g161 is my race car is not cutting the mustard torque wise for drifting I mean it probably makes 120whp at 8000rpm but when you're sideways under load in the lower rpm in 3rd it hasn't got enough grunt to keep it sliding. So I'm going to go a bigger g series bottom end then eventually maybe a 4ze1 to keep it n/a. Do you remember what rpm peak power was made and the cam specs?
Ahh I see. Still f*#cking excellent power from a 161.

Yeah 2L would be cool. As far as 4z I think that's what Eli had/has/putting in and he drifts around.
I'll give the stupid motor credit it's got the low down torque to do it.
There's plenty of improvement on my setup to better inlet (quads) knife edge crank better pistons etc etc, for a serious 4z check out BAD44us one.

peak power was about 6500 rpm and was screaming. I think bigger injectors would have seen it rev a bit harder.
Nah man I've got the cam sheet somewhere I'll go up to Mums sometime this week and see if I can dig it out.
75 TX Coupe
vivoacer
Regular

Post by vivoacer »

That's not a definate figure just an estimate, it ran the same mph at the drags as Steve and he has a hot 4zd1 with 140whp and a lot of torque so who knows

Eli is doing an all out 4ze1-T build for his, I'm trying to keep mine n/a for something different
Yeah I have read all of Tim's build a few times it's great stuff hey

Okay cheers man
TC g161z turbo daily

TG g161z drift car.
14.994 @ 89.96/91.41mph
115.2whp @ only 6200rpm
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

For what it's worth the n/a e1 was a premium setup.

Ahh ok I can't remember.

If u need conversion tips just let me know.

And hopefully soon be able to tell u what the difference is :D
75 TX Coupe
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

Needs more E1-t Less rage quit. Hurry up c*nt!

If you pull your finger out and get cracking now itll be done in time for nationals. Sound familiar? Reverse psychology :lol:

N-
Previously GeminiCoupe/GeminiRollingShell/SCAR3D/Jonnoisac#nt

78 TD Gemini Sedan - R.I.P
81 TE Gemini Sedan