UPC High Performance Brake Upgrades

Have you got a great deal to offer all the members of OzGemini? If so Post the details here.
This is not for Private "for sale" add's
Andrew64
Regular

Re: UPC High Performance Brake Upgrades

Post by Andrew64 »

Lok only decided to "create" his kits after Tony abused him.
Image ©2009
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

Lol at this.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GEMINI-BIG-B ... 27ff677732

You do know that there's actually more than one provider of brake upgrades other than yourselves right?
75 TX Coupe
GemiNats > https://www.facebook.com/GeminiNationals
#TurboFamily #Geminats #Bucketship
YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPKSHb ... akJ04sOYjw
firebug
Regular

Post by firebug »

Wow Jonno, did you read the description?? LMAO...
"Can't stop addicted to the shindig!..."
rotagem
Regular

Post by rotagem »

Just remembered also needed new brake lines as ones supplied were too short.
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

firebug wrote:Wow Jonno, did you read the description?? LMAO...
Yea! We are at a massive loss guys.
Thanks Lok for ruining it for everyone
75 TX Coupe
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

I have to thank them... its free advertising , and ive actually had alot more hits.
Getting too old for this s*#t!!
Andrew64
Regular

Post by Andrew64 »

Image ©2009
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

Ads are old ads andrew , before this debarcle started. Im still getting hits from his ebay ad with my name in it.. lol
Jonno
Korean Jesus

Post by Jonno »

Lol
75 TX Coupe
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

Here is a short video of the brake pedal travel after fitting the UPC brake upgrade using the stock master cylinder
( 500km driven to "bed in" brake pads ) they said was up to the task, then the 2nd part of the vdeo shows the VX commodore master fitted to gemini booster via an adapter i made , pedal height is returned to factory , and not on the floor with possibility of failure from being so low

the brakes had not been tampered with in this video for extra dramatisation as i refuse to put mine or someone elses safety in jepordy by falsifying facts.

https://youtu.be/rY6WL_-NrlY
upc
n00b

Post by upc »

Lol at " UPC brake pedal " I didn't know we made brake pedals... Tell me something, Why doesn't any HSV prior to VT have any issues, when they are the same size Master Cylinder..?
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

why pick HSV exclusively? These arent HSV are they , they are gemini, and your brakes arent HSV either , they are ( by comparison ) Toro discs , and your calipers arent HSV , they are generic VT twin pot.

Alot of discussion has been held about pedal travel and personal experiences. Do you have a gemini , apart from richard snells which was only used for prototyping, that you have personally put your brakes onto and driven on the street?

Have a read of this.
http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/archive/ind ... 55025.html

And while we are at it , if you can be truthful , what "big name company" is the company that supplies your discs? I ask as if i have an accident , the question may be raised by the authorities , and i must have correct answers to the quality of parts used. I have no problems with my parts , i even sell them in their original boxes!

So before making claims , do your homework
upc
n00b

Post by upc »

If you were an engineer and had half a clue, you would know that the VT twin piston and the HSV twin piston calipers have the same size piston, the Commodore master cylinder and the Gemini master cylinder are the same size, do the math genius. The only reason the rotors aren't sent in their original boxes, is because of packing restraints. Why would be charge our customers more just so they get the original rotor box with their kits. To further educate and idiot, ALL rotors are made in China on the Australian market, our rotors are made in the same factory as RDA and DBA. Obviously you had not bedded in the brake when you made your little video, if you knew anything about brakes at all, you would know you do not get a complete pedal before they are bed in to the surface. Generic master cylinders, 15/16th = 23.8mm the later model master cylinder is 1" ( what is suggestive to use as a replacement ) and that is 25.4mm, the difference is negligible. The 300 + kits we have in the market, with guys using their standard master cylinder must all be wrong. We are not going to give you a heads up, but if you do not use K1045 to manufacture your hubs and you do not have ADR approved and stamped hoses, your kits are illegal. Im sure you have public liability and product indemnity insurance and a registered business address with an ABN thats lodged with the ATO or are you just on the doll and want to annoy businesses because you can?

We still sell 2 kits a week, so see how you go sunshine.

If you want to continue to misinform forum members, you leave us no alternative other then a defamation case, which we will vigorously pursue.
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

Go for gold champ... you do realise in what you have just written , you undermine what you sayAnd i quote "the Commodore master cylinder and the Gemini master cylinder are the same size, do the math genius.", then, only a few paragraphs under that , you write " 15/16th = 23.8mm the later model master cylinder is 1" ( what is suggestive to use as a replacement ) and that is 25.4mm, the difference is negligible."

gemini isnt 1" , but yet the factory VX uses a quick fill 1" master. Vehicle manufacturers do alot of research to make sure components are compatible. you have had feedback for various members telling you that have have had issues with the gemini master not being up to the task , yet you still claim it does.

so which is it? Are they the same , or are they different. And BTW , my hubs ARE made from K1045, and my brake lines ARE stamped as being compliasnt. Once again , get your information correct before making accusations. I havent made accusations , i have stated fact.

Not once have you been open minded enough to look into the issue and try to reslove it. You have shown , also , no proof of any attempt to recitfy problems , you continue to abuse people for asking questions. This is not " great customer service" , its blatant false advertising.So go ahead , start a court action against me, im really not that concerned over your idle threats.
upc
n00b

Post by upc »

Still havn't learnt to read have we... later model, meaning VX, is 1", all Commodores prior to VT were 15/16ths other then VL Turbo which was 1". As stated before, HSV use twin piston calipers, on 15/16th master cylinders, not once did I say it was a 1" master, we recommend you buy a 1" master, I suppose you already know what quickfill is but i'll fill you in anyway, you can make your master quickfill if you like, if you are capable of drilling out the port between the reservoir and the bore of the master, we commonly do this on the race cars. The point is, prior to 1997 there was no quickfill larger master cylinders available to HSV with the same size pistons as the current kits. Obviously the few that have had a problem with pedal travel, either have adjustment issue in the back of the master or are defective master. Across all the models, we would have more then 10,000 kits out there running on a 15/16th master, so is 9,997 of them wrong? The reason you and many others have been sucked into the MUST HAVE VT master and booster, was started by a wreckers in Sydney, that wanted to sell the masters off their wrecks, so they came up with this " idea " to sell $550 kits using a $50 master and booster that in fact, caused the rear brakes on most models to lock before the front. Late VT through to VZ master cylinders are designed to be used with an ABS module, which proportions the brake balance. I guess an unemployed ( INSERT HERE ) Knows more then all the brake engineers that I know, your peers will be your judge and maybe the ATO.