S15, all mine

This Forum is here for each member to post pics of his/her other non Gemini related cars. Keep it to one thread per car.. if you get more pics etc, add them to your existing thread, DO NOT start a new one
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

Not really. Adams 200 is an auto so it doesnt really count, but anyone here driven a manual 200sx? My mates got an S14 [which still has a similar whee/tyre and clutch setup to the S15] and they arent particularly easy to get off the line. Its a very fine balance of bogging down or wheelspin. The Gen 3 on the other hand...

Its a V8. Long stroke or not its still got torque to get off the mark even if it bogs down. As for the VT 5.7's being sluggish i tend to disagree. Another mate has an Auto one with a cat back exhaust and thats ran over 10 13.8second passes @ heathcote raceway.

Munch Munch 200 for lunch. :twisted:

Nick-
Previously GeminiCoupe/GeminiRollingShell/SCAR3D/Jonnoisac#nt

78 TD Gemini Sedan - R.I.P
81 TE Gemini Sedan
PSI-26L
Regular

Post by PSI-26L »

Gem_Kid wrote:yeah the 5.7lt will but it still would have trouble beating an s15 off the line as its got such a long stroke. probly will have a good chance on the rolling 100k start tho.
You have never driven a 6 speed gen3 have you scotty?? I had an S15 gee me up keen as for a run of a rolling start, but because of traffic it never happened. Pulled up next to him at the lights and he wanted no part of it. :evil:

as for the VT im sure that 13.8 wasnt from a std setup :wink:
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

Unfortunately your wrong :P

VT SS is a bone-stocker Auto, absolutely no work done to it other then a cat back 2.5" twin system. Been in the car/worked on the car about a million times and thats all it has done to it. It absolutely f*#cking hauls like it has no right to. Shes showing her age now though - it copped a set of extractors now, and at 160,000km old it still doesnt want to record better then 13.8.

Still, id be happy with that :D

So Daniel, when are you throwing an exhaust on it and sending it off to cop LS1Edit?

Nick-

81 TE Gemini Sedan
PSI-26L
Regular

Post by PSI-26L »

Hahaha ive got the exhaust already, just waiting to get an OTRCAI, Mafless Tune & LS1 edit from Dale (10sec_RX7)

Then i will take it down the strip and see what i can get. :D Had a run with my mates VZ SS Ute last friday night and got up for the win on 3 occasions :D :D . He was pretty s%*tty aswell.

That is an awesome time if that is std :shock: Sure it doesnt have the edit already?? Still have a Std MAF pipe on it?
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

Yeah, pretty sure the ECU is 100% standard. Car was an ex-cop bought with 40,000km on the clock, only thing thats been touched since then was the exhaust. It was meant to be a daily while he had the 4ZC1 Gem, although he started making up a single turbo manifold for it but scrapped the idea because the old girls getting abit long in the tooth. Still got the MAF.

Theres a nice lil trick you can play with the Auto VT Gen 3's. Theres an air temperature sensor in the airbox which helps the computer decide shift points and strength - i s*#t you not! We had abit of a play with this, once its disconnected f*#k its fun. Nail it in first, scrabbling for grip, computer hits second like its a f*#cking shift kit and the ass end just jumps out sideways 1 foot :D :D

Nick-

81 TE Gemini Sedan
WLD910

Post by WLD910 »

here is a s15 from down my way (Launceston in TAS)

this is in pewter silver like urs crumms but with vertex kit on 19" rims...some wanker drives it...
Crumz

Post by Crumz »

Some arrogant wanker at that :D :D

Took mine for a skid pan day today! f*#k yes! AHG Driving centre in perth, held by imports101. Was madness. Lots of fun, lots of sideways. Managed to spin it round once which was fun.
Were some lovely cars there too, albeit all jap stuff.
Another Quality Post by Crumz

Fix the roads, not the fines.
Crumz

Post by Crumz »

http://media.putfile.com/In-car--track-day - in car footage. Will post more as I get it up.

Crumz

Post by Crumz »

Phat Gemini
n00b

Post by Phat Gemini »

nice s15 looks mad!! :)
Phat Skid Gemini
Crumz

Post by Crumz »

Has now run a 14.25 @ 100.44mph (161.64km). Cat back system and pod.

F|sh
Long Term Member

Post by F|sh »

good stuff adam :)

was thinking you had put some killer rims on it.
djemz
n00b

Post by djemz »

fark that car is HOT!
WTB: Vic, Manual Gemi under 2k
Crumz

Post by Crumz »

Me!
Download

Me again
Download

And it's me. Again.
Download

Outside Run of.... me
Download

And Again
Download

I just done a driver day with the Silvia Club. Mostly in car vids there. Last 2 are outside, but relatively 'calm'.

HONES
Regular

Post by HONES »

Is there any sik skids or donuts? ifso can u tell me which one and Ill download it... hehe