PORT AND CAM JOB .... advice recomendation

General Gemini Chat
Forum for all gemini based chat & questions
motorheadmatt
Chatterbox

PORT AND CAM JOB .... advice recomendation

Post by motorheadmatt »

I have 45mm dellorto twin carbs with 4 ram tubes on my gem 1.6L...... ppl have been telling me i need to do a port and cam job for this to work correctly...good air flow blah blah blah fuel blah blah

Is this true???? i did want it to work at the best of its ability, what would you guys recomend i do on a port and cam job????

(also have flat top 1mm oversize pistons, 4:1 extractors, 2.5 inch exhaust) if dat helps??????

cheer Robb
Blue Bullet
Regular

Post by Blue Bullet »

Mild port the inlet side of the head, match port the inlet manifold, throw in a mild cam (Wade or Crow) and give it a decent tune.... :wink:

Email: design@bluebullet.com.au

Project TX - G180 EFI Turbo
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

ditch the 45's and get 40's , no need for porting or cam with the slightly smaller carbs , and you'll still get optimum performance , good torque and a bit better economy.

BUT , if you want to spend the coin.. get a monster port job , and a 35/75 cam , them it will get up and boogie , oh and regraph the dizzy if you dont have a vacuum advance setup on the carbs.This will help grab a tad more power
Getting too old for this s*#t!!
BlingGem
Chatterbox

Post by BlingGem »

LOK15 wrote:ditch the 45's and get 40's , no need for porting or cam with the slightly smaller carbs , and you'll still get optimum performance , good torque and a bit better economy.

BUT , if you want to spend the coin.. get a monster port job , and a 35/75 cam , then it will get up and boogie , oh and regraph the dizzy if you dont have a vacuum advance setup on the carbs.This will help grab a tad more power
:lol:
Wish my gem would boogie
:(
BAD 44u
Long Term Member

Post by BAD 44u »

dont worry about ditching the 45's you can change the chokes to 40mm this will be alot cheaper.
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

BAD 44u wrote:dont worry about ditching the 45's you can change the chokes to 40mm this will be alot cheaper.
Not if you swap them with some 40's
Getting too old for this s*#t!!
F|sh
Long Term Member

Post by F|sh »

stick with the 45mm's always room for developement.

yes a port job will be needed to get the best of out the carbs. and so will a cam and an increase in compression.

its all in the tune for drivability. A s*#t tune makes it a pain to drive. a great tune makes it enjoyable to drive.