G161W

General Gemini Chat
Forum for all gemini based chat & questions
dagwood
Regular

G161W

Post by dagwood »

i have tryed to search for these things but found bugger all.
all i found is they once were in a bellet and a 117. and the had twin solex's on the 117. obviously they are twin cammed, what else, are they based on theother w's so eg the parts are interchangable like with the z's??
cos i would love to import a few of them to run. i no they would cost money blah blah woof woof, your a toss bag get a SR20 you stooge. but its an isuzu and and isuzu is what i want to drive it. and i found that the 117 with this engine had a top speed of 200 klicks :shock: for a 1968 model that aint bad and what i hear they handled well.

http://www.motormagazinesha.co.jp/media ... .php?id=17
but comp cant view japanese but i can read it dam.
do u reckon they came with those extractors???

EDIT X 2 quick glance and what the hell is with the thermostat. whats it doing above the header pipes lol?? and the hp. god dam 120. thats not bad for a 1600 from the factory :shock:
one
Long Term Member

Post by one »

i dont think there is a g161w but im sure there was a isuzu 1.6 dohc
kizza
Regular

Post by kizza »

im pretty sure it was called g161w

Chair HKDRT 117 coupes
ISUZU 117 COUPE
DEBUT:oct.1968. MAX SPEED:190km/h
The elegant sport which is proud of eternal beauty
It being in the Japanese car which debuts in the sixties, "beauty" even occasion those where it is, Toyota 2000GT and this chair HKDRT probably are 117 coupes. March of 66, as "the gear chair HKDRT 117 sports", debut was decorated in the Geneva show. �吾���吾�≪�若�� which at that time still is in the gear, the chair HKDRT using the power train and suspension, etc. the luxurious high performance which was built up it was the sport coupe. Acquiring honorable grand prix in the Italian international automobile elegance competition of July. Then December of 68 which passes 2 years, the chair HKDRT as 117 coupes, it was sold was started. 117 coupes have headrest and the seat belt for all seat as 4 seater saloons, even in the rear cockpit 3 gradual tilt mechanism standard equipment. Loading the engine, G161W type. �純�������鴻�㏍�ゃ�����帥�� of the twin choke which 2 connected equipment is done and 10.3 calls from high compression ratio torque of output and 14.5kgm/5000rpm of 120ps/6400rpm was shown. Price 172.0 ten thousand Yen of that time. From first because mass production was not designated as purpose, it was made at the monthly output 50 unit and the pace which will be been slow very. Almost, because the quality control which is close to the assembly with manual operation was done, when who you say also not to be, 117 Kuu ��, decided that the rumor that spreads "handmade" is.

At that time still �吾���限�…������ �吾���吾�≪�若�� which to the gear is designs. Hand made specification of early type is the collector item.

You are not ashamed the instrument panel which allots the panel of the rose wood, in name of �違���潟���若���鴻��. As for mission 4th gear MT.

POWER UNIT
G161W type (direct 4DOHC) 120ps/6400rpm 14.5kgm/5000rpm
As for the engine the G161W type DOHC serial 4 cylinders which were stacked into also �������� GT-R afterwards. Thorex twin choke cab 2 reams 茖�. The domestic first electrically controlled gasoline injection device (ECGI) you adopt in October of 69. Generating 130ps/6600rpm,15.0kgm/5000rpm power and torque.

Chair HKDRT 117 coupes
Total length � full � total height 4280x1600x1320mm
Wheel base 2500mm
Before/after the tread 1325/1310mm
The car weight 1050kg
Engine G161W type direct 4DOHC1584cc 120PS/6400rpm 14.5kgm/5000rpm
Fuel supply system Thorex 40PHHx2
Mission 4MT
Steering wheel type Ball screw
Before/after the suspension Double wishbone/leaf rigidity
Before/after the brake LT drum
Tire 6.45H-14-4PR
Price 172.0 ten thousand Yen (at that time)
kizza
Regular

Post by kizza »

if you ever find anymore japanese sites, copy the link into [url]ahttp://babelfish.altavista.com/[/url] and then select japanese to english and whala
dagwood
Regular

Post by dagwood »

sweet
does anyone now how to get internet to read japanese cos i can read it lol

thorex means solex btw, the converter stuffed that up
kizza
Regular

Post by kizza »

you have to install a language pack for internet explorer. google it
Bugle
Long Term Member

Post by Bugle »

"Chair HKDRT" is Isuzu too. Yeah wtf :?
babelfish can't translate it for some reason, excite.co.jp translator translates it to Isuzu though.
Gemi Coupe
Long Term Member

Post by Gemi Coupe »

If you did get a G161W you wouldnt be able to get it registered in a gemini body, the engine is older than the chassis, Its a no go, No matter how you look at it.
It would make a good circuit car though.
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

You have got to be kidding me.

1. Its as rare as rocking horse s*#t. It was only used in the Bellet GTR [67-69] and the 117 Coupe for a short time [6-69ish] before it was replaced by the G180w DOHC twin carby, before that too was replaced by the early G200w DOHC EFI.

2. It needs a diesel crossmember to bolt in.

3. Did i mention its rare? Rare = expensive.

4. Real output is closer to 100hp. Still good for a 1.6 built in the 60's but not worth the effort of hunting down.

Now, WHY the hell do you want a f*#cking G161w when you can get later model G180 and G200 DOHC's for less, that bolt in, and make more power? Dont say because the G161w is carby. Thats ALOT of money to just use SU copies, you can get fuel/ign computers for alot less these days. Hell, you could make a carby manifold if you really wanted to, Bradlze has one for a 38DGV weber on his G200 DOHC.
but its an isuzu and and isuzu is what i want to drive it. and i found that the 117 with this engine had a top speed of 200 klicks for a 1968 model that aint bad and what i hear they handled well.
LOL. Admitedly the performance of the engine was not bad for its era, however the 117 DID not handle well. It was built as a luxury coupe and it was as soft as a pair of titts. Doesnt mean it wasnt capable of some quick cornering speeds, but road holding [ie. ability to corner @ speed] and handling are two completely different things. A 117 DOES NOT handle.

Nick-
Previously GeminiCoupe/GeminiRollingShell/SCAR3D/Jonnoisac#nt

78 TD Gemini Sedan - R.I.P
81 TE Gemini Sedan
phatty
Regular

Post by phatty »

Gemi Coupe wrote:If you did get a G161W you wouldnt be able to get it registered in a gemini body, the engine is older than the chassis, Its a no go, No matter how you look at it..
I have one registered in my car :D its not impossible
Project: G180w TD panno -SOLD to pay for the respray on the tf :'(
Daily: Granny TF Wagon - NOW RESTORATION PROJECT
Gemi Coupe
Long Term Member

Post by Gemi Coupe »

post contents removed