Trying To Find Some Nice Wheels

General Gemini Chat
Forum for all gemini based chat & questions
surfcruiser
Chatterbox

Trying To Find Some Nice Wheels

Post by surfcruiser »

Hey everyone, im on the hunt for some wheels. Id like 15,16, or 17's.

Anyway im having trouble finding some that will match the correct offset for a gemini. Every 4x100 set i find on ebay has no offset written.

Does anyone know some cars that have the exact same offset as the gemini and same width wheel etc. Its really frusterating not being able to find something.

Also ill be lowering the car too low/superlow.

I guess i just need advice on what to look for, what will deffently fit, and what car they will come off.

Cheers for any help
GTX gem
Regular

Post by GTX gem »

have a look at the link below, theres a list of all the cars with the same stud pattern as a gemini aswell as what offset they have.
from memory bmw wheels are your best chance so maybe look in the forsale section of a bmw forum.
http://www.ozgemini.com/forums/tech/vie ... php?t=8379

also buying some wheels that have came off a gemini is your other option.

good luck with finding some wheels.
Some say If you tune your radio to 88.4 FM you can actually hear his thoughts. All we know is, he's called The Stig.
surfcruiser
Chatterbox

Post by surfcruiser »

cheers man, good day to you
Rodeobob
Long Term Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Depends how much you want to pay.

I have a set of 15x6 ET24 that i could sell. The are probably worth more to me to keep than to sell. They need to be polished properly or painted or a bit of both. 1 has a little bit of rash on it.

You make an offer with tyres. 2x new but one is damaged but holds air so you couldnt use it on the front and im sure theres 2 other tyres here.

Or i could sell you a set of 14" piazza wheels cheap.
What colour and body is your Gemini??

Bob.
Piazza for sale, black, manual, in fair condition with heaps of parts $3500 (parts not for sale seperately)
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME FOR ASSISTANCE, IM AN ASSHOLE YOU WILL GET AN EAR BASHING, ASK IN THE GENERAL FORUM.
EVL WON
Long Term Member

Post by EVL WON »

Bob, that Piazza is in a lovely condition. Well done.
“Horsepower makes you fast in a straight line, lightness makes you fast everywhere” - Colin Chapman
Rodeobob
Long Term Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Nah just a good photographer, a good angle :wink:

Its not looking so lovely at the moment. Its in the shed covered in dust with some residual bird doo doo and other crap 'protecting' the paint.

New turbo, new ball joints in the front, but i cant seem to be able to give it away. Standard height, standard inside cassette and equaliser etc. The only thing modified on it is the exhaust. Itss running but needs some good tuneup action.

Think i might bite the bullet and get it registered, with rego and RWC i should get a good price for it. Need to tip some fresh fuel in and fire it up. Have to locate the fuel filter and put a new one on first. Then it will need a good tune up. I mgiht even get to keep it. The mrs wants a car with aircon becaue of the bub, its easier to get the aircon gassed up in this than look for a car with buying that has working aircon.

Ive put stocker wheels back on it for now. If i put it on the road the mags will go back on it. Im swappin the fronts from 50 to 60 series tyres as its got 205/60's on the back now and it looks heaps better. They fill the arch up and give it a bit of a lowered tougher look i think. Ive got some 195/60's to put on the front but im thinking i might have to clearance the bottom edge/corner of the front bumper as the 50 series tyres were pretty close.

Bob.
Piazza for sale, black, manual, in fair condition with heaps of parts $3500 (parts not for sale seperately)
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME FOR ASSISTANCE, IM AN ASSHOLE YOU WILL GET AN EAR BASHING, ASK IN THE GENERAL FORUM.