what is this motor worth

General Gemini Chat
Forum for all gemini based chat & questions
archangel62
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Not ideal, but it could be worse. With the quality of ACL gear these days I'd say the engine will be fine.

The first build I ever did, the stupid nikki carby screwed out and pumped petrol through the motor, coughing and spluttering, for maybe twenty minutes before I gave up and killed it to try to sort out what was going on. Then of course, being a high comp 2lt, I had no idea that you have to run huge amounts more timing, so it wouldn't run cleanly for ages.

Nonetheless the engine went pretty hard. I think once upon a time it would have been a write-off build, pull it apart and re-re-ring it... Yet it turned out pretty good.

Your engine will probably be fine. Bed it in again as soon as it's warm, next time you drive it... Then when you've clocked maybe 50, 100km with it, drop your oil, change your oil filter and drive fairly normally, alternating the load and driving circumstances, hills is a good idea as is a decent trip, not sitting on a constant RPM or throttle though if possible.

So yeah again I reckon 1500-2500 for the engine, if it was mine with those carbies I'd be aiming for 2500 and take no less than 2000... I gotta say though man, if I was you, I'd probably be keeping that white Gem for awhile with that engine, it looks like a mean machine.
My Gemini drift videos: http://www.youtube.com/PandamoniumDrift
Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PandamoniumDrift
Current tally: 5 Geminis and a Piazza
kartracer1841
Regular

Post by kartracer1841 »

dbart1961 wrote:
kartracer1841 wrote:
djbrooksy wrote:sorry to shoot you down here but if you rebuilt it then you would have to pay me to take it

and if it sat there with no load for 30 minutes then you did not do the rings any favours

same as the cam was it new if so how did you run that in :?:
it ran for ten minutes then i put load on the motor by doing a burnout out and then i took it for a small drive around my place. i am still runing it in but i had to tune it before i drove it just be be safe. when the car is finished i like take it for a big drive like up hills and s*#t. my boss did the bottom end i just bolted the head down and archangle62 did the cam timming and s*#t i just tuned it i will get a video of it soon if you dont belive me that is runs good
Fuk. I knew I forgot to do something !!
i can run my motor in how ever i like if it f&*ks up that is on me not any one else so why do you care so much about it
kartracer1841
Regular

Post by kartracer1841 »

archangel62 wrote:Not ideal, but it could be worse. With the quality of ACL gear these days I'd say the engine will be fine.

The first build I ever did, the stupid nikki carby screwed out and pumped petrol through the motor, coughing and spluttering, for maybe twenty minutes before I gave up and killed it to try to sort out what was going on. Then of course, being a high comp 2lt, I had no idea that you have to run huge amounts more timing, so it wouldn't run cleanly for ages.

Nonetheless the engine went pretty hard. I think once upon a time it would have been a write-off build, pull it apart and re-re-ring it... Yet it turned out pretty good.

Your engine will probably be fine. Bed it in again as soon as it's warm, next time you drive it... Then when you've clocked maybe 50, 100km with it, drop your oil, change your oil filter and drive fairly normally, alternating the load and driving circumstances, hills is a good idea as is a decent trip, not sitting on a constant RPM or throttle though if possible.

So yeah again I reckon 1500-2500 for the engine, if it was mine with those carbies I'd be aiming for 2500 and take no less than 2000... I gotta say though man, if I was you, I'd probably be keeping that white Gem for awhile with that engine, it looks like a mean machine.
yer but i want a coupe in about 3 months if i had more money i would put this motor in a coupe. the twin carbys owe me 1000 as that what i paid for them to get rebuilt and cleaned out and new jets and filters and all that stuff.
GTX gem
Regular

Post by GTX gem »

kartracer1841 wrote:
dbart1961 wrote:
kartracer1841 wrote: it ran for ten minutes then i put load on the motor by doing a burnout out and then i took it for a small drive around my place. i am still runing it in but i had to tune it before i drove it just be be safe. when the car is finished i like take it for a big drive like up hills and s*#t. my boss did the bottom end i just bolted the head down and archangle62 did the cam timming and s*#t i just tuned it i will get a video of it soon if you dont belive me that is runs good
Fuk. I knew I forgot to do something !!
i can run my motor in how ever i like if it f&*ks up that is on me not any one else so why do you care so much about it
i'm not sure but it could have something to do with the fact your looking at selling it :roll:
Some say If you tune your radio to 88.4 FM you can actually hear his thoughts. All we know is, he's called The Stig.
dbart1961
Long Term Member

Post by dbart1961 »

I bet they are lining up at the door to buy it too! :wink:
Regards, Dave
draevon
Regular

Post by draevon »

Best ad ever. I'd say after this thread, that engine's worth about $23 :)
swodo
Regular

Post by swodo »

Kartracer are you actually looking to sell the engine? Or are you just curious about how much its worth? Like someone said it is worth what someone is willing to pay. How much would you like to get for it?
kartracer1841
Regular

Post by kartracer1841 »

it is not for sale i was just wondering what it is worth
stockgemils1

Post by stockgemils1 »

wanker shut ya mouth cause ya maken ya self look like a f*$kwit agian cant wait for knobs like germi to hack on me dude just sell d s*#t on ebay
archangel62
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

stockgemils1 wrote:wanker shut ya mouth cause ya maken ya self look like a f*$kwit agian cant wait for knobs like germi to hack on me dude just sell d s*#t on ebay
Can anyone translate this from Penriffese to English?

Anyway dw man, I had some bad press for my first engine - when I posted threads about the issues I was having with the carby etc. At the end of the day when everyone with their stock 161's are done throwing s*#t or cracking wise, there will be someone that wants to buy your motor if you want to sell it. Patience is a virtue, it took me a few months but I got what I wanted.
My Gemini drift videos: http://www.youtube.com/PandamoniumDrift
Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PandamoniumDrift
Current tally: 5 Geminis and a Piazza
kartracer1841
Regular

Post by kartracer1841 »

stockgemils1 wrote:wanker shut ya mouth cause ya maken ya self look like a f*$kwit agian cant wait for knobs like germi to hack on me dude just sell d s*#t on ebay
i asked a simple question i didnt say i wanted to sell it you f*#k wit just what is would be worth. i bet you cant even change the oil on your car other then rebuilding it. why would i sell it after i spend all this money on rebuilding it. also everyone has the own ways on rebuilding motors and runing them in. i will tell you how it goes any 100,000 km or so if a gemini can last that long. why do i always get stupid answers from dick heads or people just saying i cant to anything or when i do it they say i do it the wrong way. the v6 runs doesnt it. stockgemils1 what have you built or done in your gay f*#cked up life that you have to worry about what i do.
EVL WON
Long Term Member

Post by EVL WON »

You need to take more time to think about what you are posting.

Is it clear, logical and truthful? Does it even need to be asked?

I wouldn't have asked this question in the first place, I'd have searched for similar engines in the For Sale section and gauge what they're selling for.

...Stop making useless posts.
“Horsepower makes you fast in a straight line, lightness makes you fast everywhere” - Colin Chapman
swodo
Regular

Post by swodo »

Only way to know what it's worth would be to sell it and see what you get for it. Other than that it's only value is what you value your blood and sweat at.
stockgemils1

Post by stockgemils1 »

hey dumb f*#k have a look what i built c*#t you got no idea loser i would love to bitch slap you cause you are so f@*ken dumb
stockgemils1

Post by stockgemils1 »

archangel62 wrote:
Can anyone translate this from Penriffese to English?

Anyway dw man, I had some bad press for my first engine - when I posted threads about the issues I was having with the carby etc. At the end of the day when everyone with their stock 161's are done throwing s*#t or cracking wise, there will be someone that wants to buy your motor if you want to sell it. Patience is a virtue, it took me a few months but I got what I wanted.
nice flares we dont speak english round here