T28 turbine inlet flange ( size and price)

General Gemini Chat
Forum for all gemini based chat & questions
Turbocoupe75
Long Term Member

T28 turbine inlet flange ( size and price)

Post by Turbocoupe75 »

Hey does any one have a good supplier of a T28 turbine inlet flanges??

It's to weld onto a cast piazza manifold and eBay seems to offer a variety of flanges with all with s high postage price 35 to 45 for a simple tapped flange seems a bit excessive. I don't need stainless steel only 16mm mild steel should be ok.

Ps appologies to all those I queried about manifolds for sale, but life screwed me with a 2.5k air con repair bill, sick dog and a trip to the dentist so keep my eyes open on eBay / gumtree.

Morgan
#Turbocoupe75
goldgem
Regular

Re: T28 turbine inlet flange ( size and price)

Post by goldgem »

$35 isn't too bad, I had some flanges cut at an engineering place and they were about $80 a flange. by the time they set their machine up and labour time etc.
it does seem excessive for a small thing but there aren't many alternatives
1977 tc gemini
Javi
Regular

Post by Javi »

This one is a little bit cheaper, and mild steel, so it should be a little less dicking around to weld it.
troyrotor wrote:ozgem classifieds - for all your mowing needs
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

While we are on this, anyone got a good hookup for the rear housing flange/dump pipe flange?
Previously GeminiCoupe/GeminiRollingShell/SCAR3D/Jonnoisac#nt

78 TD Gemini Sedan - R.I.P
81 TE Gemini Sedan
Turbocoupe75
Long Term Member

Post by Turbocoupe75 »

Probably E bay again,
I just pickup a T28 inlet adaptor to 3" air filter for $35, I made one similar for my carby turbo set up years ago and the Aluminium billet cost around 40 not including the 8+ hours i spent machining it! I was toying with making one but it's just so much cheaper to buy a mass produced item.

Next I need bigger E85 injectors to suit the rodeo manifold as well as a cheap barrel cooler and heat exchanger. Looks like it's going to be an Ebay racer.. :cry: . On the plus side there are plenty of fast cars without the overpriced brand name go fast bits.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
#Turbocoupe75
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

Egay stuff is fine for stuff for that sort of thing. Stuff like turbos is where it gets borderline - bought a Kinugawa [apparently best of the chinese stuff] for my mrs car. Havent used it yet, but for the sake of 500bux should have just gone a Garrett 2876R.

Why the barrell cooler? Surely you'd want to avoid the weight of the water setup etc.

And update ya god damn thread :P

N-

81 TE Gemini Sedan
Turbocoupe75
Long Term Member

Post by Turbocoupe75 »

The barrel cooler is to keep the intake as short as possible so less lag and boost from a lower RPM as it will be running through a 36mm restricter. If I can't get one to fit it will be water injection.

I'll update my thread when I clean the dust off my car
#Turbocoupe75
archangel62
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

Do you have a boost pressure limit also?
I wouldn't worry too much about intake length. The restrictor will be the restriction (no joke intended), so you could get away with 2" piping and a 50mm intercooler core and flow still won't be an issue, and the right turbo will come on boost crazy early anyway. Compared to increased weight and inlet temps from heat soak, I think you'd be better off with a front mount. Given said restrictor, a tube and fin style cooler will be lightweight and less prone to heat soak from prolonged use. Just my two cents though, I used to want a water to air but changed my tune.
But yeah don't cheap out too much on the turbo. GTX are pricey but in my opinion a world apart from older tech.
My Gemini drift videos: http://www.youtube.com/PandamoniumDrift
Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PandamoniumDrift
Current tally: 5 Geminis and a Piazza
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

Sounds like its being built to IPRA rules so no boost limit, just that annoying restrictor. I dont think lag will be that much of an issue, moreso how much boost you can get in before it starts to choke at the restrictor

81 TE Gemini Sedan
Turbocoupe75
Long Term Member

Post by Turbocoupe75 »

I'm still open to an inter cooler, fitting in a TX with out cutting will be a challenge. Inter cooler sprayers are legal for IP but no dripping on the track..!
#Turbocoupe75
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

Maybe bust the tape measure out. Ive been looking at moving the radiator backwards and putting the intercooler in front of it. Its doable with the right core sizes on a 4Z, not sure about G series

81 TE Gemini Sedan