Will Twin Zenith CD carbies fit

General Gemini Chat
Forum for all gemini based chat & questions
tobytj
Long Term Member

Will Twin Zenith CD carbies fit

Post by tobytj »

Hi Guys,

Got some stuff from a house clean up / garage sale, including a G200W. It came with a pair of British made Zenith CD 175's on a manifold to suit (which I think is from an earlier G180W, like the valve cover). Just wondering if anyone knows if this intake set up has enough clearance to fit a G200W in a Gemini.

They are still searching amongst the junk for the oil pump (and the dizzy). If they don't find it I might have a very flash boat anchor here instead of an engine. Hopefully somewhere in the middle of 50's and 60's anglia and cortina bits.
F3ARED

Re: Will Twin Zenith CD carbies fit

Post by F3ARED »

Although the rocker cover is blue, its actually a late one - ISUZU and DOHC writing means it will most likely be JR130 Piazza if its all G200W bits and the rocker is red underneath the repaint, or G180w ex PF60E if its a different blue or black under] - that all assumes though its the correct cover for engine, could be a bitsa. Take a photo of the timing cover/oil filter side of things, thatll be the important bit as to if it goes into a Gemini willingly or not. As for the carbies, i dont think theyll fit - i think the rear one will end up sitting on the booster/master. Good news is should be easy enough to sell on to the Bellett guys.

Just dont try and enquire about the twin weber manifolds they make....they are all willing to help when your selling stuff to them, but not so willing when you want to buy something!

N-

Ps there doesnt happen to be a spare set of G200W pistons amongst that lot by any chance? Need a set pretty urgent
Previously GeminiCoupe/GeminiRollingShell/SCAR3D/Jonnoisac#nt

78 TD Gemini Sedan - R.I.P
81 TE Gemini Sedan
tobytj
Long Term Member

Post by tobytj »

Thanks for the the info on the carbies.

Pretty sure it is a bitza. Has the forward facing oil filter. I made acquaintance with a guy who offered to help make a manifold for pair of Dellorto DRLA. he makes manifolds for Alphas and classic early British engines.

Maybe someone will swap me a pump and maybe a dizzy for the carbies?
Turbocoupe75
Long Term Member

Post by Turbocoupe75 »

I had a set on a G180w in my Tx coupe, either you run a remote booster or make spacers and lift the carbs up with a slight bonnet bulge. I did the latter with custom spacers. that engine / car was stolen and I'm waiting for the day when the engine / manifold shows up for sale...

I would love to do that setup in a road car for something unique. The carbs are easy to get and look cool.
#Turbocoupe75
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

Have a look at the timing case - is it late tensioner or early? It can be a bit hit and miss with these engines - i have two G180Ws, both ex-PF60E - both have the oil cooler ports, both have the correct oil filter housing etc, but one runs the early oil pressure tensioner and one runs the later ratchet type. Go figure!

Bellett guys probably would swap the carbies for parts, they hoard a lot of stuff. They also dont part with much unless your one of them.

I have a spare dizzy but its the later CAS style one, would need an ECU. I take it your after a mechanical type dizzy?

81 TE Gemini Sedan
tobytj
Long Term Member

Post by tobytj »

You were right about the rocker cover - red paint underneath the blue.

Not necessarily going mechanical. I am considering an ignition only ECU

I have also found that body of the G161Z distributor (shaft removed) fits exactly into the dissy hole in the G200W head. Absolutely perfect fit, diameter, depth, O ring, flush with casting - perfect. So an option is to machine and shorten the G161Z dizzy shaft and borrow the gear of a CAS dissy to start with before going ECU later. (thats assuming a G161 dissy spins in the same direction?)

Will happily swap the carbs and manifold for an oil pump and pick up.
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

Sounds like its a JR130 engine. Which tensioner has it got? The three bolt ratchet one or the big-bolt oil pressure type?

Pretty sure the dizzys spin the same way but if your only borrowing the shaft/housing, surely you could fix that part easily enough. Im curious about the drive gear and if you'll need to make one from scratch or not. Easiest way, in all honesty is probably to go a 24-1 crank trigger off the main pulley. Theres a fella called Sonic Injection doing them for G series SOHC. DOHC single row crank pulley is the same the SOHC one so you should be able to bolt his trigger on - would just need you to make a bracket to mount the sensor which would be well within your capabilities. 99.9999999%* of ECU's are capable of doing that trigger pattern as well which makes life easier.

N-

*ok so its not 99.99999% but it may as well be, what i mean is..heaps lol

81 TE Gemini Sedan
tobytj
Long Term Member

Post by tobytj »

Sonic Injection kit is Trigger Wheel, Trigger Wheel Hub, Trigger Wheel Bracket, Sensor, Sensor Plug, Sensor Retaining Bolt and costs $275. Looking at an ignition only ECU called NODIZ Pro from the UK. Looks like a pretty simple system.
tobytj
Long Term Member

Post by tobytj »

Here are some photos of the Engine, grateful for any info on potential origin
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

Late model G200W out of a JR130 Piazza. Has the forward-and-down oil filter housing which is needed to put these engines into a Gemini, plus the later timing case with the 3 bolt ratchet type upper tensioner

81 TE Gemini Sedan