gold members

Got a suggestion or idea to make the forums better or more user friendly. Post it in this forum. Also report any bugs or problems here
Frederick Stienheld
Site Admin

Post by Frederick Stienheld »

Jazz, we've had a few sponsorship offers already but I was tryin to keep the site clean of banners n stuff.

We pretty much provide everything we can to the people for free (coz we're such nice guys) but if you guys insist on paying us then i guess it would be rude to say no :wink:

The idea has merits, we just gotta work out what to give the special people :)

I hope to have shirts made up soonish
Gene FJ20DEBT
Supreme Overlord

Post by Gene FJ20DEBT »

im on a few forums were peoepl dontate and be come gold members just for the heck of it.. they dont get anythgin out of it.. just appricate the site and are willing to make an offer.dunno why you would expect to get somethign from a donation anyways :wink:
"No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough."

Schultzy

Post by Schultzy »

well figure out what benefits or whatever will be involved, and let us know
Gene FJ20DEBT
Supreme Overlord

Post by Gene FJ20DEBT »

i donted money to that tsunami thing last year.. i never got anything back from it
"No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough."

Crumz

Post by Crumz »

And theres the problem Gene.
Had you (and everyone else) not given any money, we might all have a heap of cheap, tropical land to buy....
Another Quality Post by Crumz

Fix the roads, not the fines.
driftcoupe
Regular

Post by driftcoupe »

Passing thought..

Another forum I venture onto has gold, silver and bronze.. They all have different freebees and privilages.

This is just an example from what I can gather.
Gold members. Get a shirt, stickers and (cheapish) number plate frames with the forum website on them for advertising (great idea 2 get new members)
cost of membership covers all with a small profit I think its about $55

Silver is something like stickers and the plate frames $35

Bronze is just the stickers and is about $15.

But the best thing I think is the privilage that comes with being a member.
Only paid up members can post pictures on the sight. This cleans up alot of crap and frees up space. Dont know how it works or the exact pricings. Other sights also have only paid up members can post (Start a new F/S post) in the for sale section

If paid up members are looking for a part they can start a wanted thread and ppl reply, but no unpaid member can start a new thread.It's a good way to raise money to expand the forum for you guys.

I think 75% of the ppl on this forum would pay at least $15 not only for a sticker, posting privilages but to see the forum benifit or expand in someway.. It would only cost you owners a couple $ for the sticker and stamp and the rest would remain the same. You might even end up with less crap and more free space on the forum.

Just a though.
Frederick Stienheld
Site Admin

Post by Frederick Stienheld »

Thanks for your thoughts driftcoupe. Some not bad ideas there, worth some thought :)
emf
Regular

Post by emf »

driftcoupe wrote:Passing thought..

Another forum I venture onto has gold, silver and bronze.. They all have different freebees and privilages.

This is just an example from what I can gather.
Gold members. Get a shirt, stickers and (cheapish) number plate frames with the forum website on them for advertising (great idea 2 get new members)
cost of membership covers all with a small profit I think its about $55

Silver is something like stickers and the plate frames $35

Bronze is just the stickers and is about $15.

But the best thing I think is the privilage that comes with being a member.
Only paid up members can post pictures on the sight. This cleans up alot of crap and frees up space. Dont know how it works or the exact pricings. Other sights also have only paid up members can post (Start a new F/S post) in the for sale section

If paid up members are looking for a part they can start a wanted thread and ppl reply, but no unpaid member can start a new thread.It's a good way to raise money to expand the forum for you guys.

I think 75% of the ppl on this forum would pay at least $15 not only for a sticker, posting privilages but to see the forum benifit or expand in someway.. It would only cost you owners a couple $ for the sticker and stamp and the rest would remain the same. You might even end up with less crap and more free space on the forum.

Just a though.
x2 some very good ideas i woudl pay 55 would luv an ozgem t shirt :lol:
acidstarry
n00b

Post by acidstarry »

or you could use it to generate good publicity for the forum, raise the money and donate it to some needy charity... i mean if theres nothing you guys need it for, then we could always use new members who know what there on about... or more people who wanna sell there gems cheap... lol...the publicity could attract these people...

i dont know tho i think the site does really well as is!!
I wanna love somebody, love somebody like YOU!
one
Long Term Member

Post by one »

maybe use the money for advertisement at the drags,car shows etc
just a thought
FieldEffect
Was dangerous_dave

Post by FieldEffect »

How about instead of donating to accrew points. You post footage of chopping a commodore.

Chopping a VN, rusty paint job and stock wheels missing two plastic covers with your gemini = 1 points.
Chopping a VY SS = 5 points.

If the commodore catches on fire, or burns out a clutchpack in the slushbox or rolls 27 times trying to follow your gem around a mild corner = extra points.

Catching the look on Mr Mark Skaifs face when his $20,000 personal loan gets chopped by a gemini = extra points.
Gemini: Light weight, low cost RWD automotive platform.
06EMInick

Post by 06EMInick »

FieldEffect wrote:How about instead of donating to accrew points. You post footage of chopping a commodore.

Chopping a VN, rusty paint job and stock wheels missing two plastic covers with your gemini = 1 points.
Chopping a VY SS = 5 points.

If the commodore catches on fire, or burns out a clutchpack in the slushbox or rolls 27 times trying to follow your gem around a mild corner = extra points.

Catching the look on Mr Mark Skaifs face when his $20,000 personal loan gets chopped by a gemini = extra points.
*buys video camera*
timo360
Regular

Post by timo360 »

Maybe with the monies collected you could run a few ads on the radio to get the site out there. As a sort of reward for the ppl who donated they could talk in the ads and be on the radio advertising for ozgem.
Just a thought...
Fazio
Regular

Post by Fazio »

id be more than happy to pay for a sticker and or tshirt etc..

adds for the site somewhere would also really do ozgemini wonders.
cant have to many gemini fans
got my te gemi for $220 :)
new coupe... project under construction
http://www.ozgemini.com/forums/non-tech ... ight=fazio
84holden_turbo
Chatterbox

Post by 84holden_turbo »

Well i only came across this site by accident, i would never have known otherwise, maybe a little ad in a popular magizine or what not would help bring in the crowds...
I may only have one nut but i still have more balls than you..!!