Hosting Pictures and Video

This Forum is here for FAQ’s that are regularly asked throughout the forum. It’s here mainly for the new comers to read over before posting questions.
If someone wishes to add information to a specific topic here, please PM’s a Mod or Admin member to have it viewed and added (if thought to be relevant).

Crumz

Hosting Pictures and Video

Post by Crumz »

Need to host an image?
Visit www.imageshack.com . Follow the instructions. Once the pic is loaded, you will be given the code. Copy it from the I/S website straight into your message. Pretty easy eh?
If the pic is hosted elsewhere, right click it and select 'properties'. The URL will be there. Copy it. Go back to your message, use the [img] tag, then [/img] at the end.
Example: [img]www.yourpichere.com/pic.jpg[/img]

Need to host a video?
Go to www.putfile.com and upload it through there. At the end, it will give you a link. The link given will take veiwers to a site where they can veiw the video. If you wish to download the video to your harddrive, right click the video window, select properties. There will be a URL. Copy it into an internet explorer window. This will bring up the 'save file' dialogue.

Peice of piss eh?
Last edited by Crumz on Mon Aug 22, 2005 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Another Quality Post by Crumz

Fix the roads, not the fines.
Crumz

Post by Crumz »

Another way to extract a link to the videos. Thank you to candyredtd for this tip!
candyredtd wrote:To get the source of the video in internet explorer go to

"View" and then "Source"

This will bring up some text ignore it and go to "edit" and then "find"

Type in ".avi"

Bingo you get this...

http://x600.putfile.com/videos/b5-20700000874.avi

ENJOY :D
Another Quality Post by Crumz

Fix the roads, not the fines.
Gene FJ20DEBT
Supreme Overlord

Post by Gene FJ20DEBT »

DMONIC TF wrote:you get the URL/address of the picture you want to be shown (you can right click on the picture and go to properties and it'll have the URL there) and then put around the URL, the picture has to be hosted on the internet somewhere first, you can't just take a photo, upload it to your computer and then put it on a forum
"No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough."

Gene FJ20DEBT
Supreme Overlord

Post by Gene FJ20DEBT »

putfile.com if fingered, but heres a site thhat will host anythign up to 60meg

www.savefile.com

Gene FJ20DEBT
Supreme Overlord

Post by Gene FJ20DEBT »

Gene FJ20DEBT
Supreme Overlord

Post by Gene FJ20DEBT »

HERE WE GO. STEP BY STEP

Step one

open www.imageshack.us, and click the BROWSE button

Step two

select the image you want to host and click open/ok

Step three

click the HOST button

now this brings you to the page with all the codes.. u only need to use 2 of them... they are the "Thumbnail for forums (1)" and the "direct link" codes... now from here:

for thumb nails

Step one

you want to use this code -> Thumbnail for forums (1)

Step two

high light the code by double clicking on it. when its high lighted, right click your mouse and select copy or cut

Step three

go to the thread where you want to post the image and right click and hit paste.. this will paste the code in.

Step four

thats it.. now click preview 1st to check that its working.. then when it is click submit

and done like so

for full size images

Step one

you want to use this code -> Direct link

Step two

high light the code by double clicking on it. when its high lighted, right click your mouse and select copy or cut

Step three

go to the thread where you want to post the image and right click and hit paste.. this will paste the code in.

Step four

High light the code and hit the IMG button seen here, while the text is high lighted

Step five

seen here after clicking the IMG button it has put Image after the code... now push the submit button

now click preview 1st to check that its working.. then when it is click submit, and done like so

Gene FJ20DEBT
Supreme Overlord

Post by Gene FJ20DEBT »

viewtopic.php?t=23358
Why_gemini wrote:Hey guys, alot of the newcomers on this site, and even some of the regular members are still having trouble uploading images onto Ozgemini, well i have done my best to create a step by step tutorial on how this can be done :D

FIRSTLY i will need you to open up the URL and we can get started :)

http://imageshack.us/

============================================================================================================================================================================================
============================================================================================================================================================================================

You have now successfully been shown how to upload PICS on Ozgemini, please take your time with this tutorial, you will learn in time how to experiment with the image hosting, this was a very basic way to upload images using IMAGESHACK!

Enjoy uploading your images...

(if you have any further questions regarding the tutorial, please PM me and i will do my best to help you out)

Have fun

Why_gem

Purplephanton
n00b

Post by Purplephanton »

I have a I pad and I can't use image shack as the iPad won't let me can some one plz help me upload some pics of my gemini van cheers
06EMInick

Post by 06EMInick »

try photobucket or flickr