cd player bypass.

Questions about Car Audio
greenTD

cd player bypass.

Post by greenTD »

hey all,

im a complete noob when it comes to car audio and was wodering if there is such thing as a headunit, but with no controls. So basically you would have your ipod comeing out and that it all. Use the ipod for voloume etc... so the so called headunit would just control your speakers?

I am asking as you could just hide the blackbox under the seat in the car and just have a cord commin out to plug your ipod into. I just want to keep my dash and everythin looking as stock as possible.

any infomation would be great! thanks.
geminilover3236
Long Term Member

Post by geminilover3236 »

Yerp, I've seen setups like this. Go into JB or your local car audio store and ask them about it, It's all dependent on the head unit itself.
troyrotor
Long Term Member

Post by troyrotor »

just plug your ipod directly into an amp that runs to your speakers. if you want a sub aswel you will need to buy an equalizer to sort the bass signals from the mids and treble.

its probably possible to just use the LPF (low pass filter) this is a switch in most aamps, it simply only allows low frequencys to be amplified this is used in bass amps. so you could use an aux cable split to input a amp that runs the speakers and another to power subs.

you would still have good control over the sound using the equalizer in the ipod. should still work good

if you need anymore help just send me a PM
MY BUILD viewtopic.php?t=36388 OF THIS s@*tter BELOW
troyrotor
Long Term Member

Post by troyrotor »

or another option. put a head unit in your glove box and keep the stock stereo, ive seen it done a few times and you wouldnt know its there
MY BUILD viewtopic.php?t=36388 OF THIS s@*tter BELOW
greenTD

Post by greenTD »

Thanks for the info guys! i'll look into it and give it a crack!
gemifreak3342
Regular

Post by gemifreak3342 »

Sony have a mechless unit. Basically it doesnt have the CD player built into it. Instead you can conect either and ipod or usb stick.

There are 2 units to choose from, 1 has bluetooth and the other doesnt.
Rotarykiwi

Post by Rotarykiwi »

i had my headunit in the glove box of my TE and it was good cuz i could shut the glove box with the ipod cable coming out and change the songs without using the headunit
only thing is that you have to either cut a section out of the back, or little circles for the cables to run through but its better then cutting up the dash IMO.