Recomendations

Questions about Car Audio
Cazz
Regular

Recomendations

Post by Cazz »

Hey, In the near future I plan on decking out my car with a nice sound system :) I've got it all planned, I just need some nice sound :D

I listen to Hardcore/ Screamo style music (If you need to be more specific.. "Here I Come Falling" are my favourite band), I don't have a set price limit but I'm not cheaping out.

I was 2 15" subs, 4 6x9s, 4 6"s and 2 tweeters.

Cheers.
You put you left foot in, You put your right foot in , You take your left foot out and you slide it all about!
Gemi Coupe
Long Term Member

Post by Gemi Coupe »

post contents removed
Last edited by Gemi Coupe on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GEMWRC
Long Term Member

Post by GEMWRC »

would that still sound nice without a Sub
lukes_tg
Regular

Post by lukes_tg »

sorry to take over thread but i get confused so easily about this. because Ive seen amps/ subs that are like 1000w but there only like 300rms? isn't more rms better? so if you had a 1000w sub and say it was a decent one with like 5or600rms you would need a amp with equivalent to get the best doof out of your sub correct?

thanks

t3/t4 haltech powered forged 4ze1 gemini in the build
Cazz
Regular

Post by Cazz »

When I get some decent cash, Dad knows a guy who sets up complicated systems, so what I wanted to do was have an in car PC and choose what speakers to use at what time. eg. Only use one sub at a time and choose the level of bass so it's not too overpowering.

The subs are more for "Image", but I LOVE the massive bass in breakdowns or boompads.

I want 6x9s in the parcel shelf and on the underside of the bootlid (once again, more or an image thing yet still for sound purposes), 6s in the front and rear doors and the tweeters either in the front door or parcel shelf.
You put you left foot in, You put your right foot in , You take your left foot out and you slide it all about!
Goof81
Regular

Post by Goof81 »

If your listening to anything with double kick drumming your best of getting a smaller sub as bigger ones will be laggy.I would say get a set of 10s.They will be sharp with the sound u want from the gravity blasts oops its not DM. :D
modern bliss
Regular

Post by modern bliss »

Goof81 wrote:If your listening to anything with double kick drumming your best of getting a smaller sub as bigger ones will be laggy.I would say get a set of 10s.They will be sharp with the sound u want from the gravity blasts oops its not DM. :D
This all depends on the box, I built an amazing box a while back, 4th order with 2 12s and it was punchier then any 10.
77 TC EFI TURBO

Four doors for more whores.
Cazz
Regular

Post by Cazz »

So... What If I (Idk what to call it).. Umm, "soundproof" the boot?

Not so it's muted.. I just don't know how to say what I'm trying to, :?

Edit: If I was using 2 15"s
ryzaa
n00b

Post by ryzaa »

Hey Cazz, have you finished this yet, or still going through with it? I live in Adelaide and can help out in any way :)
As to more "lag" from smaller woofers, I had a friend with a single 18 with more "punch" and imaged bass more upfront then almost any smaller sub combination I had heard. Just because he played with the phase.
PM me if you want to talk more audio ;)
Cazz
Regular

Post by Cazz »

Yea, I'm still doing this. Got pics up in my Gallery thread, Ordered in my amps, just waiting for them now, then the fun bit begins :P