Sony only,bar subs?

Questions about Car Audio
Topha
n00b

Sony only,bar subs?

Post by Topha »

I'm installing a new system and was wondering if anyone knows of Sony amps that will run 4,6x9s 440wx220w4,6.5" splits 220w and two Jl 1000w subs using a Sony headdeck with 2x rca,s and iv got those power reducer thingys hooked to speaker wires with an rca on each. I am running cheap crap at the moment just stuff I had layn round. Cheers......
Topha
n00b

Post by Topha »

Ah I have just kept goin through more posts and found a very strong influence to Jaycar,so iv checked it out and I'm sold :D
vivoacer
Regular

Post by vivoacer »

I would stay clear of jaycar, not worth the waste in money
PattyMac
Regular

Post by PattyMac »

I disagree, Jaycars audio range is the best value for money you'll find anywhere IMO. Just make sure you go their Response Precision range of amps and speakers.
vivoacer
Regular

Post by vivoacer »

Definitely not, from my past couple years in the car audio scene, I have never seen 1 single piece of jaycar equipment in sound quality or sound pressure level competitions or ever heard anything nice about them. They are at the same quality as the equipment for sale at supercheap auto.
stubbsy212
Regular

Post by stubbsy212 »

vivoacer wrote: They are at the same quality as the equipment for sale at supercheap auto.
And sony isnt? Infact sony is EXACTLY what is sold at supercheap.
marksegec
Regular

Post by marksegec »

Definitely not, from my past couple years in the car audio scene, I have never seen 1 single piece of jaycar equipment in sound quality or sound pressure level competitions or ever heard anything nice about them. They are at the same quality as the equipment for sale at supercheap auto.
Mate, So narrow minded.

Most people do not chase SPL, And quality? how the fk can you compare sony to anything.

Unless you spend top $ they are the shittiest on the market bar fusion...

Whats wrong with peoples ears these days?
Gene FJ20DEBT
Supreme Overlord

Post by Gene FJ20DEBT »

vivoacer wrote:Definitely not, from my past couple years in the car audio scene, I have never seen 1 single piece of jaycar equipment in sound quality or sound pressure level competitions or ever heard anything nice about them. They are at the same quality as the equipment for sale at supercheap auto.
jaycar response is quite good. it has been reccomended on CAA for years for entry level stuff.. no where in this thread has anyone asked "will jaycar response do well in SQ or SPL competitions?"

i would buy jaycar amps ANY day hands down over sony amps. id buy them over quite a few of the entry level brands. iv used them many times and bang for buck they are awsome amps.
iv never used thier speakers so cant comment on that..

also, i would never buy anything sony for car audio
"No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough."

Wrx884
Regular

Post by Wrx884 »

jaycar amps r still bang 4 ur buck but their quality in the new range has definatly dropped. if i was 2 get them id try get the older range much more reliable.

Mark i hope ur not dissing fusion here bahaha
vivoacer
Regular

Post by vivoacer »

I understand all your comments, but at the end of the day it is preference.

It's just you could start with sony, realise how low level the quality is, then further upgrade to say Jaycar respone then fusion and by the time you have realised the money you have already wasted, you have already spent over the amount you would on quality well known brands.

I honestly just dont like the sound of any of the jaycar range or anything from supercheap for that matter, I myself have made the mistake and been sucked into the cheaper brands only to be left wanting more..
Gene FJ20DEBT
Supreme Overlord

Post by Gene FJ20DEBT »

depends how much you want to spend and what your doing. eg, i have 1500$ splits for one car.. and the other car the whole system is worth less then $1000 and its more then enough for what i want.

response for the run of the mill doof doof system will be fine. but yes that is just my persoanl preferance
"No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough."