BASIC KICK PANNEL CONSTRUCTION

Work Shop Articles about Car Audio
Gene FJ20DEBT
Supreme Overlord

Post by Gene FJ20DEBT »

yeh i could make them for other peopel .. depends what drivers your using..
"No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough."

blown2lwagon
Regular

Post by blown2lwagon »

fusion 6inch splits...in a wagon...where u at?..u in brissy?..immtoo lazy to click back n look at ur profile..ill do it after i look like a fool asking first..lol
how much roughly wood u be looking for?.
thanks dude
bam
Gene FJ20DEBT
Supreme Overlord

Post by Gene FJ20DEBT »

u wont get 6" in the gemini kick pannel.

$15 a hour + materials.. so it depends on what u would want

blown2lwagon
Regular

Post by blown2lwagon »

can u fibreglass a dash?..or bog it?..a td dash..smoothe everything..no glovebox no air vents no strip that goes accross the dash...then gunna paint it same colour as my car..any idea how mcuh that would be?..and how long it would take?..and if the fibreglass/bog will stick to the dash?..thanks heaps
bam
Gene FJ20DEBT
Supreme Overlord

Post by Gene FJ20DEBT »

yeah i can do that.. would cost a few hundred easyly as its alot of fiberglass to sand.. doubt i would have tome to do somethign that big at the moment

blown2lwagon
Regular

Post by blown2lwagon »

tru that imguna hav a go at it this weekend..and depending on how long it takes ...ill post up when ive done it..let u's kno how i go..oh yea..and got 2 screens i gotta put somewhere..ones goin in the dash where the glovebox normally is...and oens a roof mount goin at the back near the tailgate..facing into the car..so u can lie on beanbags up agaist the back of the front seats n watch telly..(i got no back seats)..all flat with isuzu logo padded in the middle(Y)..tuff..ill get pics up next weekend
stocky TG
Chatterbox

Post by stocky TG »

what would be the absolute maximum size allowed for the speaker size on the pods??
how easy do u think would it be to make some for the back doors and parcel shelf?

with my parcel shelf i am thinking of relocating the fuel filler point to behind the number plate (droptank) so i can have access to my boot through my back seat (like vn commodores)

i think i will either use pioneer or alpine for the speakers .... i got fibreglass resin and the catylist aswell ...... got some thick jumpers that are too small here aswell for the fabric and the 3mm mdf is easy enough to pick up ....... only problem is i dont have a WOODEN bbq table to screw it onto :P but i probably drill it to a bit of 12mm mdf scrap that i have from my sub box (stupid highschool making me build it)

is this true that you COULD put 3 ways in the back doors/seat of a tg sedan with the smaller speakers under the seat (in the plastic strip below the coushin) and the large speaker in a pod on the door?

good write up Gene, looking forward to see'n pics of it complete in your car ....
supa mafiosi wrote:so u live in ballarat eh?? is that where the ballet is at ?? muahahaha u f**kin nancy ass tinkle toes princess fairy costume
gemhead
Long Term Member

Post by gemhead »

stocky TG wrote: with my parcel shelf i am thinking of relocating the fuel filler point to behind the number plate (droptank) so i can have access to my boot through my back seat (like vn commodores)
dont think you'll be able to do that as there is structual braces behind the seat that you really wouldnt wana cut out (and would be illegal to cut out)
84gemini
Chatterbox

Post by 84gemini »

just askn but wouldnt they hav the crap kicked outa them when people get in and out
Gemi Coupe
Long Term Member

Post by Gemi Coupe »

generally yes, thats why they are called kick panels.

In reality though, its proportional to who you let in your car.
If its mates who appreciate it, they'll generally be careful (unless drunk)

If its just a girlfriend, usually they dont care, or know how much you may have spent on the speakers, so they kick them more.

either way, it gets worse if you passenger wants to put their bag down by their feet.
Last edited by Gemi Coupe on Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
GEMN8N

Post by GEMN8N »

there good as Gene may have to give it a shot myself when i get to the part of installing the stereo in my project coupe :lol:
Project: 76' Turbo TX Coupe
81' V6 TE Drift
78' V6 TD Panelvan
96' VS Manual Ute
Metalhead_07
Regular

Post by Metalhead_07 »

hey is there any change that the pics on the first page there can get fixed so i can see how this is fully done... bout the first 6 dont work for me
ribbons
n00b

Post by ribbons »

usefull thanks will be giving a go this weekend
SC47RD
n00b

Post by SC47RD »

good idea
APV-Parrot

Post by APV-Parrot »

TOP SPEAKERS
GREAT LOOKIN PODS