Brock's ZZ Prototype article (400kb in total)

zzr81
Regular

Brock's ZZ Prototype article (400kb in total)

Post by zzr81 »

I got this article from Ebay and thought I may share it with you all. I have better scans, but for this purpose you can read it.

I put in off topic - cos I didnt know where to put it

Last edited by zzr81 on Wed May 24, 2006 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buckna
Long Term Member

Post by Buckna »

nice find... 17sec quarters... :)
gene wrote:Lok for mod………………… HAHAHAAHAHA not realy???? LOL. When hell freezes over and cocks fall from the heavens
SICKTG
Long Term Member

Post by SICKTG »

i love those seats!!!
one
Long Term Member

Post by one »

tops!
GEMN8R
Chatterbox

Post by GEMN8R »

It quotes that the block is the same as the diesel version.. Would this mean if you have a diesel gemini, the twin cam head would be a possible replacement?
PF60 Kev
Long Term Member

Post by PF60 Kev »

GEMN8R wrote:It quotes that the block is the same as the diesel version.. Would this mean if you have a diesel gemini, the twin cam head would be a possible replacement?
I was thinking that. Daniel, have you been able to confirm this at all?

Interestingly, the rego number on that car has recently been in use (according to VicRoads). I wonder if that car is still floating around somewhere....

Brocky?? Museum? Rick Ludgate???? hmmmm.
gemhead
Long Term Member

Post by gemhead »

POIDA can you confirm
Buckna
Long Term Member

Post by Buckna »

i think they mean like weight/capacity wise, the diesel motor isn't a twin cam i dont think?

elky confirm?
gene wrote:Lok for mod………………… HAHAHAAHAHA not realy???? LOL. When hell freezes over and cocks fall from the heavens
Poida
BANNED

Post by Poida »

It has the same bore and stroke dimensions but that's the end of it. Nothing interchanges. The 4FB1 diesel engine mounts are located in a different position on the block and the G180W mounts are bolted to the engine in the same spot. thus the diesel cross members suits nicely.

If the diesel engine can be called alike another Isuzu engine, the closest I'd liken it to would be a 4ZB1 engine. Both use a belt driven cam where all the G series used timing chains.

The G180W block is most like a G180 pushrod engine from an early Isuzu vehicle. It also has some slight similarities to the Hillman Hunter engine and the G180Z engine but doesn't mean these engines could be transformed into a twin cam.

If you want a twin cam engine, buy a twin cam engine. There is no short cut.
Poida
BANNED

Post by Poida »

That document more or less verifies the fact that Brock and the HDT company had every intent to drive Jim Faneco out of business so they could themselves begin to produce a performance Gemini without any competition. One important thing about the HDT venture is the lack of competition. They had a monopoly market. at the time there was no other manufacturer making high performance cars like HDT did. You couldn't even buy HDT stickers, spare parts or accesories without providing proof you actually owned a HDT car. One wonders about the story of HDT making a fuss because the CDT logo was 'too alike to the HDT logo'.
PF60 Kev
Long Term Member

Post by PF60 Kev »

Can anyone tell what magazine that was out of - I'd be interested in trying to obtain a decent copy of it.

Kev
F|sh
Long Term Member

Post by F|sh »

They didn't end up doing it becuase of cost and a bloke did it over here and it has the lic HDT. Car was in good condition now it is in really poor condition broken wing bad paint..
DanWA
Long Term Member

Post by DanWA »

lol @ 17 sec quarters
76' LX Torana Sedan - Cammed LS1 Conversion
http://www.gemswa.com
F|sh
Long Term Member

Post by F|sh »

DanWA wrote:lol @ 17 sec quarters

this coming from someone who has never been the strip and doesn't want to be laughed at.....

Back then that was quick it would beaten any 6 on the road and quite possibly V8's.
zzr81
Regular

Post by zzr81 »

my77tdwagon wrote:Can anyone tell what magazine that was out of - I'd be interested in trying to obtain a decent copy of it.

Kev
Shall chase it up