The Question FINALY answered - VL centers

Technical Disscusion Forum will be used for in depth threads that are moved here by a mod/admin member.... everyone is welcome to add their input, but only on topic replys
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

yes R31 australian skyline use a borg warner diff with a 4 stud pattern easy to just drill 4 new holes in a 100mm pattern and pop the old studs out!
Unfortunately, thats frowned upon and illegal in most Australian states from an Engineering standpoint. A friend of mine [idiot, dont know why he didnt get R31 axles] got borg warner 5stud axles redrilled to 4 x 114.3 and the original holes filled with weld. Engineer deemed this unsatisfactory as the extra holes and the heat during the welding process could possibly weaken the axle flange.

Nick-
Previously GeminiCoupe/GeminiRollingShell/SCAR3D/Jonnoisac#nt

78 TD Gemini Sedan - R.I.P
81 TE Gemini Sedan
WOPISH - 2.6 S/C TG Wagon

Diff Chatter

Post by WOPISH - 2.6 S/C TG Wagon »

I know it's stupid, but i just welded the sh#t out of a deisel diff, and it has never broken, it has larger diameter axels ( same thickness to the diff center )
It's been a long serving diff.
If i cop a canary, i just replace an axle with the end copped off.
No more wheel skipping :twisted:
Gene FJ20DEBT
Supreme Overlord

Re: Diff Chatter

Post by Gene FJ20DEBT »

WOPISH - 2.6 S/C TG Wagon wrote:I know it's stupid, but i just welded the sh#t out of a deisel diff, and it has never broken, it has larger diameter axels ( same thickness to the diff center )
No more wheel skipping :twisted:
not street legal, no care
"No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough."

Germinator
Long Term Member

Re: Diff Chatter

Post by Germinator »

WOPISH - 2.6 S/C TG Wagon wrote:I know it's stupid, but i just welded the sh#t out of a deisel diff, and it has never broken, it has larger diameter axels ( same thickness to the diff center )
No more wheel skipping
Love it! "If you get a canary"?!?
Excessive speed and hooning
Hoon driving causes a vehicle to travel at very high speed, or in a manner that produces burnouts and doughnuts. Dangerous driving, careless driving, failure to have proper control of the vehicle and causing the vehicle to make excessive noise or smoke are also considered hoon-related offences if they are committed in circumstances involving the improper use of a motor vehicle. Under the Road Safety Act 1986 Victoria Police is authorised to impound or immobilise vehicles for 48 hours when members reasonably believe that an individual has committed a hoon related offence.

...oh you'll get a canary as well as a 48 hour impound with all the costs involved and a likely loss of licence through demerit points, especially if you are a P plate driver.

If you were to be stupid enough to get caught a second time you'll get a 90 day impound and even higher costs as well as guaranteed loss of licence.
Dept of Justice (Vic) wrote:29 Jun 2009
Victoria police have impounded more than 8,000 vehicles from dangerous drivers since the state government introduced anti-hoon legislation three years ago.

Police are impounding an average six cars a day, with those aged 20-30 the most likely to be forced to hand over their keys.

Figures show probationary and learner drivers aged between 15 and 19 years were also among the hoon mix with more than 530 cars impounded from this group.
All in the name of what? The 'right' to lock your axles? Be a rebel, lose the lot and sit back complaining how the cops are assholes as everyone laughs at you.

I think this thread is well and truly outdated and perhaps needs some review. It's 2010 and the degree of difficulty has now ramped up a few notches. Is it wise to leave discussions about locked diffs as a technical discussion others may read and assume info is a suitable option? :?

I do not give permission for anyone to reproduce content from my posts.
Reposting any of my forum posts (or substantial parts thereof) breaches the copyright act.
stockgemils1

Post by stockgemils1 »

hope you like birds cause u will get a canary wanker you are a parrot
kartracer1841
Regular

Post by kartracer1841 »

stockgemils1 wrote:hope you like birds cause u will get a canary wanker you are a parrot
f*#k you are a dick
jayse
Chatterbox

Post by jayse »

in all fairness, if the man wants his diff locked for street use, im sure he is aware of the negatives that fall with doing so
djbrooksy
Regular

Post by djbrooksy »

jayse wrote:in all fairness, if the man wants his diff locked for street use, im sure he is aware of the negatives that fall with doing so
that may be but the more clowns that dont play by the rules and get busted

the tighter the rules end up being for the rest of us
http://www.miniriders.com.au/index.php?referrerid=13836

click this link guy join the forum so i can win a ipod
jayse
Chatterbox

Post by jayse »

yea your right, and im not tryin 2 cause an argument.

no matter what tho, there always going to keep comming down on car enthuseists due to one of the facts that when you get wankers who just get there liecence buy a commodore and think there invinsible and end up killing people, thats when they say.."hang on, red p plater, commodore, must be/is illegally modified there-fore every person with a mdified car is automatically a hoon, bend over and cop this"

take me for example, i used to be what you WOULD accually call a hoon (not speeding etc), not because of "street racing" (I think its pathetic generally). id go out, get a vl, weld the diff, do afew other dodgy mods to up the power, and go rip skids day in day out like it was my last day alive, im just lucky i never got caught, but when the cops would pull me over and defect the absolute s*#t out of the car and be a waste f money to fix it to "blueslip requirements" id get pissed off. now that i grew up iv can see exactly why it got defected

so when people grow out and do things the propper way, the new generation come along and do the same thing, its a constant circle
so no matter what the people that accually do the right thing and spend all the money, still get f'd up the ass by the jacks etc because theres always going to be wankers around doing the wrng thing
Maloney2203
n00b

great idea

Post by Maloney2203 »

bummer though
gem56

diffs

Post by gem56 »

early commadore will fit or late kingswood small round housing
gemsince88
Regular

Post by gemsince88 »

^^^
3rd post this thread
Gene FJ20DEBT wrote:the early small commodor LSD centers fitt, but no one recommends them as there very weak
Try and find one!