Fitting a TC gemi motor into a TG problem...

Forum for all the new members to ask all them questions we have heard before.
Flaming will not be tolerated... If the regulars don’t want to read noobie stuff then don’t open this forum.
motorheadmatt
Chatterbox

Fitting a TC gemi motor into a TG problem...

Post by motorheadmatt »

Im currently fitting a standard TC gemini motor into my TG, i have purchased new mounts. i cant seem to get the motor to sit straight. Are the engine mounts or brackets different from these 2 models???
g3m1ni

Post by g3m1ni »

the engines are all the same blocks so it should just fit straght in the thing that might be happening is the new mounts might be a slight bit differant to standard original ones but also try swopping the mount around not sure if it will work but besides that i couldn think why it doesnt work and if it doesnt work just try shaking the engine around to make it drop into the mount but good luck mate
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

did you fit the mounts on the right sides? there is a left and right!!!!
Getting too old for this s*#t!!
motorheadmatt
Chatterbox

Post by motorheadmatt »

FANX GUYS

the mounts were labelled incorrectly, LHS RHS lol....but it has fit in well!

The rear bearing on the motor....how da fuk do u get this out..... i was hacking at it all weekend, i need to get the gearbox and flywheel on and replace this bearing, but cant seem to get it out....how can i?????????

cheers
scottishslayer
Regular

Post by scottishslayer »

by rear bearing do you mean the spigot bearing that the input shaft goes into?

do you have a slide hammer? if not get a metal rod with a curved end (like a tent peg or somthin), firm attach vice grips to the straight end, feed the curved end behind the bearing and then whack the vice grips with a hammer, like this...

when you whack the vice grips obviously it'll tug on the curved end and hoopefully pull that sucker out (this is just a backyard way i just thought of so sorry if it doesn't help!)

good luck
ATG23Q
Regular

Post by ATG23Q »

Or use soap. Works every time.
IZU069

Post by IZU069 »

5/8" loxin with a long threaded bolt.