Stroker Kit

Forum for all the new members to ask all them questions we have heard before.
Flaming will not be tolerated... If the regulars don’t want to read noobie stuff then don’t open this forum.
Vertuosa
n00b

Stroker Kit

Post by Vertuosa »

Hey guys quick question??

if i wanted to stroke a 1.6 (dont ask whats the point, I just do ok) i was thinking using the 1.8 crank shaft. would I use the piston rods from the 1.8 or 1.6 and what else would i need to do?? Im not sure and this is all new to me.

Cheers for the help guys
IZU069

Post by IZU069 »

Whichever has the shorter conrods.
boony_124
Regular

Post by boony_124 »

You would use G161 conrods. but not standard pistons. I thk you got to use pistons from another engine? (not sure)

Or if clearance is only minimal aftermarket flycut pistons.
Vertuosa
n00b

Post by Vertuosa »

ok so I found out if u use the 161 conrods then they stick out of the block by 4mm, guys how would u counter this?? forged pistons?? and how much does the piston heads cost??
Greengem20B
Regular

Post by Greengem20B »

Have a search on here for "VL pistons"....from memory,when used on 161 rods they end up 3mm below the deck height but not sure with what crank though..

Search should answer a few questions for ya,there should be a few topics on the VL pistons

Todd.
QLD - Home Of The Modified Gemini
archangel62
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

I know you said don't ask why, but I want to know why.

If it's for legalities I guarantee you you could get away with a G200Z :)
My Gemini drift videos: http://www.youtube.com/PandamoniumDrift
Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PandamoniumDrift
Current tally: 5 Geminis and a Piazza
Vertuosa
n00b

Post by Vertuosa »

But how many people have a G200 on here for sale that i could get my hands on fairly cheep, and was just interested in trying something different, other than hey a G161 lets turbo, or lets get a 2.6in it, if you know what i mean, like its been done b4 but is still something interested in it. and do the VL pistons fit in the engine or would it have to be bored out??
IZU069

Post by IZU069 »

Vertuosa wrote:... just interested in trying something different...
No, lots of people spend money for little reason on something that's been done before.
It sounds like you will be different 'cos you won't complain when you end up with expensive scrap (or a good truck motor).

But I'll unwatch this thread. I have little enough time for existing problem solutions.
Enjoy the learning curve!
3xZ
Regular

Post by 3xZ »

Hey mate

just bore out the 1600 to a 2ltr and fit std 2ltr pistons, flow the head and a set of big valves and a cam to match and of course a set of twin Carbs :wink:

Muz
http://www.cdtcars.com.au/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=view&p=1

CDT "Fun to Drive"

"CDTs WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE"
Vertuosa
n00b

Post by Vertuosa »

ok but how much would the cost to bore the block out compared to buying a 2l block and working from there??
boony_124
Regular

Post by boony_124 »

I bought a 2l block from the wreckers for $80.

Cost me $250 to get my G161 block bored out to fit 0.50mm oversize G180 pistons.

Take a pic. Plus with the stroke around there for in the G200. no need swapping conrods.

Though it was only luck I got mine.
Greengem20B
Regular

Post by Greengem20B »

3xZ wrote:Hey mate

just bore out the 1600 to a 2ltr and fit std 2ltr pistons, flow the head and a set of big valves and a cam to match and of course a set of twin Carbs :wink:

Muz
Good combo!

I had a motor done with the same work,by an engine builder....with 2mm cylinder to water jacket wall thickness it lasted all of 2 months :lol:

I have a G200 bare block in the garage on the Gold Coast here....make an offer if ya thinking of going down that path ;)

Todd
QLD - Home Of The Modified Gemini