front springs question

Forum for all the new members to ask all them questions we have heard before.
Flaming will not be tolerated... If the regulars don’t want to read noobie stuff then don’t open this forum.
jmckenzie
n00b

front springs question

Post by jmckenzie »

Hi guys, about 6-7 years ago I bought some second hand springs off someone here. Very happy with the purchase. I'm actually adapting them to a datsun 1200 because with a couple of coils off of them, they come close to double the spring rate of the datto, and work like a charm. The problem is it is so long ago since I did this (and now want to do it to another one) that I can't remember which ones I got.

the thing is apparently the earliest ones were a linear rate spring from the factory, but the later ones were progressive rate springs. Due to the requirements of this 'donor' job, I need the ones that are linear rate. Just stockies, but the early ones.

So forgive me for being so uneducated, but which is the earliest model gemini or the one that had linear rate front springs? I 'think' it might have been a TD model but I simply don't know enough about geminis to know, and I can't find my old posts/emails about it since it was 2-3 computers ago!

Thankyou anyone who could take the time for such an elementary question!

John McKenzie
gemsince88
Regular

Re: front springs question

Post by gemsince88 »

TX TC
Turbocoupe75
Long Term Member

Post by Turbocoupe75 »

In a spring catalogue the are TX non radial tuned suspension. Should be slightly taller than later model springs.
#Turbocoupe75
jmckenzie
n00b

Post by jmckenzie »

thankyou very much guys!

John McKenzie