Weber 32/36 Conversion to a Gemini

Engine related articles specific to induction (carby, EFI etc.)
marksegec
Regular

Post by marksegec »

Dammit i cannot edit a old post...

Well these are both revised...

For a g161z virgin motor TX early head and a very mild (slightly more lift than standard) the jetting was as follows to get it near on perfect, with electric ignition from turbogemini it will idle with aircon on

Primary air jet 160
Secondary air jet 175
Primary fuel jet 145
Secondary fuel jet 160
Emulsion tube primary F5
Emulsion tube secondary F5
The idle air jets??? Primary 55
Secondary 55
Pump jet, not played with.

This runs a dream with standard timing and extra 4 degrees of mechanical advance (dizzy plate gap of 12mm) THIS HAS BEEN REVISED TO FIGURES ABOVE, Much nicer again.

My G180 with standard head, mild / stage 3 crow cam, turbogemini electronic ignition + timing set to 14 + mechanical with no vac advance, and total advance of the same as above has the following jets and feels good but i think it has a blocked secondary after the drive today. and maybe could go a smaller air jet in the secondary or bigger fuel jet.

Primary air jet 160
Secondary air jet 170
Primary fuel jet 150
Secondary fuel jet 180
Primary emulsion tube F5
Secondary Emulsion tube F5
Idle jet primary 60
idle jet secondary 55
marksegec
Regular

Post by marksegec »

Primary air jet 160
Secondary air jet 170
Primary fuel jet 150
Secondary fuel jet 180
Primary emulsion tube F5
Secondary Emulsion tube F5
Idle jet primary 60
idle jet secondary 55
I forgot to mention exhaust is done now with 2 inch straight with highflow straight muffler and resonator.

This will be getting dyno'd very soon to get a picture of AFR and see how even the curve is. Hopefully pretty good, Then will get a revise once computer controlled ignition goes on.

Hopefully can get a small dent on the list of NA gemini motor's for HP and 1/4 mile :)
RedGemini
n00b

Re: Weber 32/36 Conversion to a Gemini

Post by RedGemini »

I have just had my Gemini at the mechanic to install a Weber 32/36 DGAV carby. I gave him the adapter plate but he tells me he can't put it in because the master cylinder is in the way. Looking here I'm not sure he is right. Can anyone advise on this?
Stig
Regular

Post by Stig »

RedGemini wrote:I have just had my Gemini at the mechanic to install a Weber 32/36 DGAV carby. I gave him the adapter plate but he tells me he can't put it in because the master cylinder is in the way. Looking here I'm not sure he is right. Can anyone advise on this?
Some people put spacers on the drivers side engine mount to tilt it a little bit. Or use the remote res TX brake master cyl.
Haven't done the conversion myself, but that's why I remember from reading about it. Sure it's been covered before somewhere.
PSIGEM
Long Term Member

Post by PSIGEM »

Some people put spacers on the drivers side engine mount to tilt it a little bit. Or use the remote res TX brake master cyl.
Haven't done the conversion myself, but that's why I remember from reading about it. Sure it's been covered before somewhere.
Thats for twin weber conversions... you should not have any trouble fitting a 32/36 to a Gemini? do you have a pic of your engine bay? Does it have the stock master and booster?
I love old cheeseburgers ...
TURGEM
Long Term Member

Post by TURGEM »

is he putting the adaptor plate on 180 degrees out
Thats Right Im a Long Term Member
WASTEGATES - WASTE 8S
IF YOU WANNA FLY, GIVE IT MORE P.S.I 8)
thebrunks

Post by thebrunks »

What power increase would you see over a Nikki in a High Compression G161 with extractors?
Would it be significant? ie 10HP?
Check out the only place in the world where you can see 25 plus Geminis racing door handle to door handle!
www.qldgeminiracing.com
You want to race, come & see us at www.racecarleasing.com.au
tobytj
Long Term Member

Post by tobytj »

Not a significant power increase. The cam and the flow of the head are limiting factors.

The secondary throttle on a weber is mechanically actuated as opposed to the Nikki vacuum actuated so it is more likely to give you the power when you need it. They are ecomonical when tuned correctly and don't have annoying idle stop solonoids to fail on you.

Nikki are all getting old and shaft wear is an issue becasuse the shafts are not bushed. Shaft wear can make a Nikki hard to tune to a smooth idle.
Pooch

Post by Pooch »

I'm looking for jetting information like this for a Hitachi 2 barrel as used on a Chevy LUV. any ideas?
Diesel TE
n00b

Post by Diesel TE »

thread mined for future usefulness?

My car was dyno tuned recently,

G200Z, small port G200Z head, 2507 crow cam, extractors 2.25" into 2" muffler and resonator with 32/36 weber.

primary idle jet 50(fairly sure these were the other way round in the cortina carb originally)
secondary idle jet 55

primary main jet drilled to 144(was already soldered and drilled)
secondary main jet drilled to 149(was already soldered and drilled prior)

car made 70rwkw at 5500rpm on 98 fuel (base timing at 19deg i am fairly sure)
https://i.imgur.com/P9rSfQ9.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Idq9I0u.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/0PDjGxQ.jpg
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

Nice work on hiding it under the factory air filter and thanks for putting the jet sizing up
Previously GeminiCoupe/GeminiRollingShell/SCAR3D/Jonnoisac#nt

78 TD Gemini Sedan - R.I.P
81 TE Gemini Sedan
Diesel TE
n00b

Post by Diesel TE »

cheers!
was so hard to find any jetting sizes just to get My other carby running ( weber 34ADM off falcon) that anything was worth trying(150 primary for starters is close)
with only slight mods to the air cleaner base, the 34ADM also fits this air cleaner setup.