Rodeo EFi inlet manifold info

Engine related articles specific to induction (carby, EFI etc.)
Rodeobob
Long Term Member

Rodeo EFi inlet manifold info

Post by Rodeobob »

Due to a recent thread i thought this was worthy of a dedicated workshop post.

Water

The Rodeo manifold has two seperate water parts in the inlet manifold. The thermostat housing and then the chamber under the runners. They are connected by a hose. The hose comes form the thermostat housing to the chamber under the plenum then the water goes off thru the heater system.

Save as and you can shrink em a bit with a picture veiwer so they come up full screen. lol. sorry to the dial uppers..
Colours mean the same as in the first pic.

Air, Vacuume and Fuel

First the IAC (Idle Air Control). Marked in Purple.
The water hoses are marked in Red. The thing marked in Yellow, is wired between the ECu and the Coil and provides the coil with constant big fat voltage.

The VSV (Vacuume Switching Valve) This switches the vacuume to regulate the fuel pressure. Marked in Yellow. Not too sure on how it works, you can see its got the three hoses, one from the front of the plenum. Another from the charcoal canister then to a Tee (the other hose is short and goes on the tit next to the one for the IAC valve). The last hose goes to the regulator.
The fuel reg inlet is circled in blue. Note: this fuel rail is the alloy type, the hoses are connected by way of banjo fittings. Pictured below is a metal rail with barbed fittings.
The Fuel reg outlet is marked red, it runs that metal tube to down under the middle of the manifold.
The two caps marked in black are blanked. In the case of the Rodeo (this manifold is off a Jackaroo) the top one thats capped is capped on the water/vacuume switch on the thermostat housing which is what the metal tube is connected too.

Here is the same end with the fuel regulator removed.
Circled in Yellow is where the hose for the VSV goes on.
Circled in Black is the capped fitting. Part of the reason for it is that Overseas the EFi motors were fitted with air pumps to further scrub the emissions.

This is the other end showing the inlet to the fuel rail.
Marked in purple is the fitting for the Brake booster.
Marked in Yellow is the VSV hose that goes to the canister. Next to it and not marked in any picture is the hose that goes to the charcoal canister.
Down in the bottom right you can see the fuel return tube marked in red.

I dont see any reason why the fuel flow couldnt be reversed, in at the front and out at the rear.

Heres the Throttle Body. Its a Piazza one, i dont have a pic of a Rodeo one.

I think that about covers it. If youve got any questions fire away and i will do my best.

Bob.
Piazza for sale, black, manual, in fair condition with heaps of parts $3500 (parts not for sale seperately)
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME FOR ASSISTANCE, IM AN ASSHOLE YOU WILL GET AN EAR BASHING, ASK IN THE GENERAL FORUM.
zep
Long Term Member

Post by zep »

Regarding the Power Rectifier; is this still needed in a boosted application which is using an aftermarket computer, or would this depend on the computer used?
archangel62
Long Term Member

Post by archangel62 »

This is the worst noob q ever, but in the last pic, where would you send the water lines? Thery look to be a different diameter, how do you change it? This is for my twincam as I have the same throttle body.

Cheers

P.S. Nice writeup
My Gemini drift videos: http://www.youtube.com/PandamoniumDrift
Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/PandamoniumDrift
Current tally: 5 Geminis and a Piazza
ONLYA4
Regular

Post by ONLYA4 »

With my water lines, what I have done, is the radiator goes to the normal position, then the top water hose goes into the top part of the manifold. The bottom heater hose isn't actually hooked up to the rodeo manfold. It just has a metal peice that you join the bottom heater hose to the hose that goes to the front of the head. Simple.
The Holden Gemini - it's Australia's answer to the Corvette, assuming the question was very badly worded.

OGR88 GEMINI
Regular

Post by OGR88 GEMINI »

mine actually looks a bit different guess il figure it out though
Rodeobob
Long Term Member

Post by Rodeobob »

Dunno if he drew it but he posted it up.
Its EFI on a G-series motor.
zep wrote:Image

I used some kind of commodore heater hose which was long and had a bend in the end to go from the head to the firewall.
Then just leave the heater switch connected up and connect the back of the thermostat to that. Tee into that line, and the one from the head and run a pipe between them as a bypass for when the heater switch is closed.

This is for 4ZE1 manifold
Piazza for sale, black, manual, in fair condition with heaps of parts $3500 (parts not for sale seperately)
DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME FOR ASSISTANCE, IM AN ASSHOLE YOU WILL GET AN EAR BASHING, ASK IN THE GENERAL FORUM.
Beano

Post by Beano »

Just a note about the water gallery underneath the 4ZE1 manifold, i've never hooked it up and never had any problems by not hooking it up. Its there to heat the manifold to allow better fuel atomisation I believe, as it warms the air and promotes fuel evaporation or something like that.

The problem is warm air equals less power, so best to leave it dry. You simply block off the fitting at the rear of the thermostat housing.

But good write up and congrats on the detail.
Knobby
Regular

4zc1-t manifold

Post by Knobby »

When using the 4zc1-t manifold off a piazza turbo, i have noticed theres a gallery on the mating face of manifold which looks like it would pair up with water galleries on a piazza head. as faar as i can tell this gallery only gets its feed from a fitting between runnres 2 and 3. is this correct? does anything need to be plugged up or welded to ensure water isn't going to come flying out when everything is fitted? I have searched and searched and searched for this thread thinking it was for a 4zc1 manifold. still a lot of helpful info, but if theres any extra info on the 4zc1 manifold i'd love to be pointed in the right diretion.

thanks guys.

knobby.
hiluxben
n00b

4ze1

Post by hiluxben »

I have 4ze1 manifold going on 1.6 head, what do i do with the small water gallery on the head that isnt blocked
Cheers
Gemi Coupe
Long Term Member

Post by Gemi Coupe »

post contents removed
Last edited by Gemi Coupe on Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gemininja
n00b

Post by Gemininja »

i need a forum like this for my g200z efi haha
AdrenalFixa
n00b

Post by AdrenalFixa »

Hey guys, and Im sure thisprobably isnt the best place to ask, but I couldnt find a suitable thread concerning it , so ...

what cc do the stock injectors of a 92 to 96 4ze1 hitorque motor run, I have the opportunity to pick up some very cheap rb25 gtst injectors and Im wondering if its worth buying them or just waiting out for the 440cc gtr ones to come along,

Ill be turboing the 2.6 later so Ill need to upgrade at that point anyway,

cheers
Des
Clearac
n00b

My 88 rodeo

Post by Clearac »

I need some help..
i have a 1988 Holden rodeo running an petrol Isuzu 4 cyl engine
i believe it is the 2.6L but not to sure..
if anyone has one of these to sell or just a head for the thing...
RedGemCoupe
Long Term Member

Re: My 88 rodeo

Post by RedGemCoupe »

Clearac wrote:I need some help..
i have a 1988 Holden rodeo running an petrol Isuzu 4 cyl engine
i believe it is the 2.6L but not to sure..
if anyone has one of these to sell or just a head for the thing...
If it is a 2.6 it should have 4ZE1 cast into the block on the passenger side.
Shane 04
n00b

Re: Rodeo EFi inlet manifold info

Post by Shane 04 »

Anyone tell me 2.6 Efi injection of rodeo 1994 to go on my Gemini 1.6