Basic pic of Nikki carbie

Engine related articles specific to induction (carby, EFI etc.)
Gemi Coupe
Long Term Member

Basic pic of Nikki carbie

Post by Gemi Coupe »

post contents removed
Last edited by Gemi Coupe on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
F3ARED

Post by F3ARED »

There are a few different versions of Nikki carbys used on Geminis over time, that is the basic layout, HOWEVER, there is one noteable difference with the carby used on the TF/G Geminis. These have no fuel return line, to use one of these on an electric pump'd Gemini you would need to swap
over the metal pipe the lines latch onto [marked Fuel inlet/return on the diagram below]. Simple as one bolt, a copper washer, and the part itself. Takes all of 10seconds to do.

Nick-
Previously GeminiCoupe/GeminiRollingShell/SCAR3D/Jonnoisac#nt

78 TD Gemini Sedan - R.I.P
81 TE Gemini Sedan
dagwood
Regular

Post by dagwood »

to tell you the truth that carbie is off a two cylinder weird engine, was researching twin cam engine specs and came up with some buggy with a two cylinder and on closer inspection, the same carbie as a gemini.....
SANCHZ

Post by SANCHZ »

now i got a question... i have just fitted a g161 to my car.. and its standard obviously so it has the old nikki on it... now when i go to start it it wont fire... i pour some fuel down the throat and then kick it over and it starts fine... shut it off then try to fire it up again and it wont go.. now i havent got all the solenoids connected except the fuel cut off one... and it seems when the engine isnt running it wont let it pump any fuel into the jets.... i dont know wats going on its pissin me off and i cant work it out cause i lost my manual for the car ... grr
G161, 2L internals, balanced crank, stage 3 cam, ported head, twin 48's ...
LOK15
Gemini Master

Post by LOK15 »

do you manually pump fuel into the carby via the accelerator pedal? Check your accelerator pump jet in the carby to make sure it is squirting fuel into the throat
Getting too old for this s*#t!!
T..F'd

Post by T..F'd »

Remove the solenoid and visually confirm that it works
(apply power & disconnect, repeat a few times)
If this works, check that power is getting to the solenoids.
If all that's OK, check the feul float isn't stuck and feul supply to carbie is good.
SANCHZ

Post by SANCHZ »

no i actually pour some fuel down the throat.. when i pump the accelerator when the engine isnt running it doesnt pump fuel through the jet... yet when i pour fuel in it and then start it i can accelerate fine.. i connected the solenoid up to the positive on the coil so it has only power when the car is on the on position... its drivin me nuts..
T..F'd

Post by T..F'd »

Like loki5 siad, check if you're getting feul via the pedal. No juice coming out via pedal do the checks I listed. either your feul is blocked before the carbie or by the feul stop solenoid.
SANCHZ

Post by SANCHZ »

its hard to explain i guess.. its not draining the float when its running.. so theres fuel, and its got a good fuel flow up to the carby.. and it is spraying fuel through the jets when the engine is running, BUT when the i stop the engine and then pump the pedal.. theres no fuel through the jet... thats why it wont start.... im stumped and about ready to throw the nikki across the street into the neighbours window :evil:
Gemi Coupe
Long Term Member

Post by Gemi Coupe »

post contents removed
Last edited by Gemi Coupe on Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
SANCHZ

Post by SANCHZ »

yer i ended up pulling the carby down and cleaning it, the acclerator pump jet was filled with gunk and was dry as a bone.. thanks for the tips :)