Aftermarket torque tube rubbers

Drivetrain articles (gearbox, torque tube, diff)
jayz4ze1t
n00b

Post by jayz4ze1t »

hello im jays were can i get one of these strenthend rubbers from fanks
headstrong
Regular
Location: putting my pets on facebook because i cbf paying them attention unless its online...

Post by headstrong »

jayz4ze1t wrote:hello im jays were can i get one of these strenthend rubbers from fanks
winner for all time largest avatar...
Scroll down for the meaning of life.
tf-beast
n00b

Re: Aftermarket torque tube rubbers

Post by tf-beast »

Gene FJ20DEBT wrote:
Thirsty wrote: There is a company called Qld Rollers and Liners at Rocklea that remake the rubbers. Take the torque tube and the mount off the car to them and they will do it in a few days for about $140.00.
I have one in Rally Gem and it is just fine. Took me 18 months of rallying to wear the first one out. The newest one is bigger and looks stronger.
Cheers Thirsty :)

Queensland Rollers And liners actually dont make the 'Rubbers' any more, they lost / dont have the mould any more...
i have actually gone and found another company and have supplied them with a new mould, and now am able to get them to make the new rubbers on request.

For details, message me, or call me 0417 640 710
cheers Daniel
jassoo

Post by jassoo »

^^^ How much are they charging,& how long will it take
cars...
TE V8 project
TX 161 injected turbo
hilux dual cab 2wd
whites
n00b

Post by whites »

I would mind one myself.Ive got the money waiting!!
BADGEM

Diff Issue's

Post by BADGEM »

Hey guys I'm having problems with Part Number 8!

Iv replacedd my torque tube
MONKEYMAN

Post by MONKEYMAN »

Has anybody got one of these recently....
Bit of an old post, and I'll be needing one so just throwing it out there
lurchy350gem
n00b

Post by lurchy350gem »

Hi all im new to the fourm. Im trying to find a heavy duty replacement torque tube mount rubber for my tg gemini im reffering to the rubber mount that slides onto the end of the torque tube and bolts the the diff mount cage. Im in adelaide sa and I wish to buy one asap. Any info would be great thanks
Please feel free to call or text me on 0407641546. Or email me at martyn_ward@hotmail.com
gemi79te
Regular

Post by gemi79te »

from what ive heard they arent doing them any more, i called qld rollers and they said they lost the moulds in the floods. its a prick of a job, took me 6 tonne of pressure to get mine off, lucky work had the machine to press it out, just look for someone selling the whole thing in good nick and just do a swap
Anthony_Gemini
Regular

Post by Anthony_Gemini »

Just buy a h/d rubber from this guy
http://www.thomas4parts.com/specials.htm
cjcrow
Regular

Post by cjcrow »

gemi79te wrote:its a prick of a job, took me 6 tonne of pressure to get mine off, lucky work had the machine to press it out
To get the rubber off the shaft housing? A grinder or hacksaw blade to get it off, easy as. Took me 5 mins.

I got one supplied by thomas4parts as Ant said above. Awesome product and heavy duty. Way better than standard.
gemi79te
Regular

Post by gemi79te »

yeah i wasnt sure if i needed the inner lining on the rubber or not, everyone kept saying keep the metal feet so they can press em on, mine also had a metal lining that the torque tube slid into so i didnt want to ruin it, ended up getting a spare heavy duty one someone had layin around anyway, so yeah now u mention it it woulda taken me 5 min if i hada cut it off but all i had at the time was a vice and hammer and it went nowhere.
im after a strengthened inner shaft now, any one stocking or making pm me
Tcar7
Regular

Post by Tcar7 »

I thought I was being SLACKO by cutting the feet off and leaving Rubber still in place on spare Rear end but with no time energy or Brain had no choice. Cheaper to post just the feet not the whole Rubber too :wink:
To get the rubber off the shaft housing? A grinder or hacksaw blade to get it off, easy as. Took me 5 mins.

I got one supplied by thomas4parts as Ant said above. Awesome product and heavy duty. Way better than standard.
XXXX2 top stuff