Tail Shaft Loop

Drivetrain articles (gearbox, torque tube, diff)
Gene FJ20DEBT
Supreme Overlord

Tail Shaft Loop

Post by Gene FJ20DEBT »

BAD 44u wrote:found the specs (for ANDRA) 3mm wall 50mm wide 360 deg protection no more than 6 inches back from the uni. im getting one made anyone else want one send me a pm.
BAD 44u wrote:ive got a piece of 4 1/2 inch pipe with a 3mm wall that fits perfectly in the tunnel and im going to get some plate welded to it on tuesday. so ill post some pics up. should cost more than $30
BAD 44u wrote:4 1/2 inch pipe fits the tunnel perfectly. but when i marked out the holes i transcribed them on the wrong side so one of them hit the seat mount. other than that im very happy. end cost was $20 plus 4 high tensile bolts that i had laying around.

the pic of it installed the tailshaft isn't bolted to the diff so is hanging down. there is good clearance all the way around and doesnt effect installing or removing the shaft.
the unit is 2 inches wide and sits nicely on one of the 2 inch ribs of the floor pan.
"No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough."

gemi79te
Regular

Re: Tail Shaft Loop

Post by gemi79te »

im interested in seeing the full set up at the diff end.... this does eliminate the torque tube doesnt it?
Anthony_Gemini
Regular

Re: Tail Shaft Loop

Post by Anthony_Gemini »

gemi79te wrote:im interested in seeing the full set up at the diff end.... this does eliminate the torque tube doesnt it?
Nope ,, this is a tail shaft loop ,,, only way to eliminate the torque tube is a diff conversion