yldgem
Long Term Member

Post by yldgem »

cant trust those gemini manuals hey Gemi Coupe :wink:
Gemi Coupe
Long Term Member

Post by Gemi Coupe »

lol yea. :D

The wires may be a different colour on the switch, but from memory, the manual is correct on the actual body loom that it plugs into. thats where you should be connecting the wires anyway, not the switch part of the loom thats supposed to be able to be removed.

If you look on the back of the ignition switch, its actually written on there next to each corresponding wire.
booosty
Regular

Post by booosty »

could be only going off memory always check with test light or multimeter

i dont under stand why people run wires to the battery just makes gemini owners look like the bogans we are percieved as. it is so much neater and nicer and easy if you go from the ign loom, but meh each to their own

james
gavin1802
Regular

Post by gavin1802 »

i agree there is no need to run a wire to the battery. looks like you have gone wrong so best off starting again and taking your time.

on head unit red is power, yellow is memory and black is earth .

now use a test lamp and find a constant power wire (one that has power all the time) connect this to yellow(memory)

now test lamp again find an acc power ( a wire that only has power with key on) connect this to red wire (power)

Black wire of the deck you need to earth you should find a earth wire there some where if not make one and earth it to the car not the battery

next plug ariel into back of head unit this also acts as an earth a lot of head units these days wont turn on with out the ariel connected through my experience any way.

make sure all wiring is insulated and turn key on and head unit should work no sound obviously til you hook up speakers but that should get you pointed in right direction
TG under construction
HONES
Regular

Post by HONES »

just test it by twist tying the red and yellow wires from the deck with the power wire from your loom (u said u picked a black wire)

and earth it using the obvious black wire from the headunit wiring.

turn it on, if it works then take the red wire off the twist tied bit and run a wire from your indicator fuse (not your hazards - jam it in there with the fuse) and it should be cherry ripe.

quick 5 minute job.
SICKTG
Long Term Member

Post by SICKTG »

james whats the problem with running a new wire to the battery on older cars? each to thier own i guess
tezza
Regular

Post by tezza »

You could even try something really tricky and use the existing radio wiring that is already in the loom. There will be a blue wire (acc) and a black (ground). you will need to run a live lead for the memory (white wire going to ignition switch) you will find the existing radio plug in the harness where the radio used to live. It usually has a 4 pin plug. That way you already have a fused acc line.
Drive fast..Take risks!
83TG200
Regular

Post by 83TG200 »

might be stupid input, might be useful..

but, as i found out, one of my friends had a similar problem with a simple sollution..

maybe try the on/power button on the head unit? (Src?)
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ
pistonbroke
Regular

Post by pistonbroke »

ajs991 wrote:Yeah, I had it earthed.
I just ran a wire from the battery, using the same acc and it works fine.
Thanks for all the help fellas.
I think this means he fixed it.This thread is dead.
Fatty Matty95
n00b

Post by Fatty Matty95 »

Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:17 pm Post subject:
i have a tg with the stock am and ive just pulled it out i dont really want to cut any thing at all but what i want to know is what does the colours mean e.g what colours is is power ect would love if some one could tell me what they all mean thank heaps