Bumping forsales

Got a suggestion or idea to make the forums better or more user friendly. Post it in this forum. Also report any bugs or problems here
modern bliss
Regular

Bumping forsales

Post by modern bliss »

Now I'm all for the bump if the items been buried back on the second third fourth ect page, but come on what the f*#k. 'pat' and 'illegalfun' are bumping there s*#t when it gets halfway down the first
Page, usually after only a few hours
77 TC EFI TURBO

Four doors for more whores.
stock_gem
Regular

Post by stock_gem »

x2

i also think it should be a rule that if one user has whole bunch of related parts ie, tg s*#t, it should all be in the same post.

i really hate coming on here after a few days and click view new posts in the non-tech forums and sift through 2 pages of the same persons separate for sale threads.

not:
-FS, TG lights

-FS, TG front guards

-FS, TG Doors

-FS, TG Boot lid

etc etc...

instead:

-Wrecking TG, FS Gemini Parts

or something like that.

(i'm not taking a shot at any individual, so if someone fore-mentioned comes here and says "urrgghh, i do not do that!!" this is my flaming rights :lol: :lol: )
Last edited by stock_gem on Fri Feb 32, 3043 13:75 pm; edited 3.14159265 times in total
Germinator
Long Term Member

Post by Germinator »

Yeah agreed, it's a form of 'flooding'. It overpowers everyone else and forces others down the page more as well as an annoyance when you see the 'new posts' just to find it's the same old s*#t bumped for the fourth time.

If I recall, the new software does have some protection options in it to limit bumping. The fact is, anyone who has read the post would have replied and anyone who hasn't will see it as a new post so there really is no need to bump at all.

IT'S BETTER TO SHOUT IN THE FIRST INSTANCE SO YOU GET ATTENTION, SAVES HAVING TO GO BUMPING LATER.

I do not give permission for anyone to reproduce content from my posts.
Reposting any of my forum posts (or substantial parts thereof) breaches the copyright act.
pat
Chatterbox

Post by pat »

sorry ppl will be sure to stop bumping as often as i tend to

cheers.......pat