Discussion for late 09 SEQ cruise

This forum is here for QLD members to organise meets and/or Cruises in their area..

Where would you like the next SEQ cruise to be run??

A classic Gold Coast cruise
22%
A mountain run around Somerset/Wivenhoe Dams
49%
A cruise out towards the Hinze Dam area
19%
Other option
11%

Total votes: 37

06EMY
Regular

Discussion for late 09 SEQ cruise

Post by 06EMY »

Date of cruise: 5th December 2009

10:00am - Ferny Grove Tavern car park.
(We will be leaving at 10:30am)
Heading west out through Samford and up to Mt Glorious for 34.7kms with a short stop at Wivenhoe Outlook at the top of the range.
Continuing down the other side of range along Northbrook Parkway for 6.9kms, Turning right onto Bryden Somerset Rd following that for 31.9kms. Another right turn onto the Esk-Kilcoy Rd going through the town of Somerset past the Somerset Dam for 4.0kms to "The Spit" picnic area. We will stop here(approx. 12pm) for a BBQ lunch and any other activities.

2:00pm
We will head back down Esk-Kilcoy Rd for 27kms turning left onto the Brisbane Valley Hwy through to the town of Esk. There will be a stop for anyone needing fuel here(I recommend anyone that doesn't need fuel to continue on through. I doubt it would be a large service station). This trip so far will be appox. 107kms.
Continuing along the Brisbane Valley Hwy for 36.2kms, across the Wivenhoe Dam wall and into the "Cormorant Bay" picnic area.

From here you turn left back onto the Brisbane Valley Hwy, following this road through the town of Fernvale for 20.5kms. Turning left onto the Warrego Hwy following it onto the Ipswich Mwy. From this point I expect that everyone will head off in their own directions.

The total distance from Ferny Grove past all the dams and onto the Ipswich Mwy is 176kms. This is a fairly long drive, but there is plenty to see. There will be a wide variety of roads with some long straight stretches and some twisty mountain roads.

NORTHSIDERS
There will be people meeting at BP Morayfield, southbound side of The Bruce Highway at 9am and leaving at 9:30am.

SOUTHSIDERS
There will be people meeting at BP Yatala at 9am for a 9:30am leave.

Print this flyer out and get the word out to all gemini drivers.

Last edited by 06EMY on Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MY PRIDE AND JOY - "THA ROTOR COUPE"
j_portgemini

Post by j_portgemini »

The spit is always a good drive but us with the ported rota gems may get picked on a bit the dams would be a good ones aslong as there is petrol stations on the way lol
Last edited by j_portgemini on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
DTP

Post by DTP »

Do a cruise from nerang thru the mountains to murwillumbah then go over tomewin mountain to currumbin
good drive and lovely scenery :wink:
about 80k round trip and you can have lunch at either murwillumbah or anywhere on the southern gold coast
DK_THE_DETAILER
n00b

Post by DK_THE_DETAILER »

def keen for something like this wanna get my gem out for some cruising hasnt been much goin on lately
ROTAHAVIK GEM
Long Term Member

Post by ROTAHAVIK GEM »

well i vote some sort of mountain run, like hinze dam or mt tambo..

got a date in mind yet??

Previously Known As gemzilla1
06EMY
Regular

Post by 06EMY »

gemzilla1 wrote:well i vote some sort of mountain run, like hinze dam or mt tambo..

got a date in mind yet??
My vote is for some sort of mountain run also.

As for a date, I want to take the coupe on this cruise. I have to finish the coupe though. In saying that, I'm not going to hold up the running of this cruise just for my car.
I'm thinking sometime in November. That will be plenty of time to decide a destination, spend the word and get people's arse's into gear if they need to fix their car(which has always been the case).
tg2000power
Regular

Post by tg2000power »

I say 31 Oct do a halloween cruise?? at least an easy date to remember, and i vote for a mountain cruise also, maybe wild horse look out on the way up the coast? always been thinking of heading up there for a look.
noiseboy7
Chatterbox

Post by noiseboy7 »

Im keen on whatever
However the police have cracked down hardcore at the spit
And with alot of gems running 18s now, thats a defect
Well at least i got done for them and copped a $300 fine
But, i think we should maybe go down the esplande or something, just to show the gems off :P
GEMI79
Chatterbox

Post by GEMI79 »

im keen for wot ever is decided. gem has new trim n i wanna show off :D :D :D

cheers
my gemini may be s*#t, but ur ugly, at least i can fix my car
jezza
n00b

Post by jezza »

The skidpan day on the sunny coast is nov. 1st so might pay to change it to a different weekend so if people have to travel in whichever direction and then go to the pan the next day might be a bit much for one weekend. Just a thought. But Im up for a mountain run like maybe beechmont road way.
06EMY
Regular

Post by 06EMY »

noiseboy7 wrote:Im keen on whatever
However the police have cracked down hardcore at the spit
And with alot of gems running 18s now, thats a defect
Well at least i got done for them and copped a $300 fine
But, i think we should maybe go down the esplande or something, just to show the gems off :P
Don't take this the wrong way, but if you choose to run 18's, you take responsibility for the defect.
jezza wrote:The skidpan day on the sunny coast is nov. 1st so might pay to change it to a different weekend so if people have to travel in whichever direction and then go to the pan the next day might be a bit much for one weekend. Just a thought. But Im up for a mountain run like maybe beechmont road way.
NO DATE HAS BEEN SET. Phil was just suggesting a day that might be good. Being Halloween of course.
GEM-DEO
Regular

Post by GEM-DEO »

Halloween would be epic, we could all dress up like tools :lol:
Dylan - 25 - Gold Coast Qld
See You An Tea
Gemmy_boi
n00b

Post by Gemmy_boi »

Im up for what ever, but a classic gold coast cruise really appeals to me
Mad C*NTS drive Gemini's
geminilover3236
Long Term Member

Post by geminilover3236 »

mountain runs, mountain runs, mountain runs!!
TURGEM
Long Term Member

Post by TURGEM »

im keen on whatever, i know its not much input but the coast one is maybe a safe trip provided if anyone broke down.....
Thats Right Im a Long Term Member
WASTEGATES - WASTE 8S
IF YOU WANNA FLY, GIVE IT MORE P.S.I 8)